25 Minority Characters That Hollywood Whitewashed

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/04/25-minority-characters-that-hollywood-whitewashed/

never knew 21 that black jack movie was a real story and it was all Asian students from MIT why not just cast Asian actors?

There are obviously more than those listed.

Im one of those guys who believe if the role is originally black, white, asian dont change it cast accordingly. I dont like when they cast black actors in traditionally white roles either and im black, just create new characters.

It seems Asians have it the worst though, they still get white washed, they actually put more effort in adding Gays and Trannies, if you think about it, Hollywood has more Gays and Trannies on TV and film than Asian leads.

thinly veiled asian gay tranny fetish thread imo.

Hawt!

I remember when Kurosawa filmed MacBeth and recast the white roles with all Asian actors.

This is one of those cases where I'm equally torn. On the one hand I'm all for keeping true to canon. On the other hand, if an actor can do the part justice, go for it.

For instance, I absolutely love Ruth Negga as Tulip in Preacher. Even though she is supposed to be a lily white blonde girl. But then I think, while Idris Elba is okay as Heimdall, but would've still preferred a big Scandinavian looking dude. Same with casting a small black chick as Valkyrie. Where does that make sense? Don't think of changing Nick Fury back to white though. Sam Jackson is #myFury.

I remember when they cast Idris Elba as Roland Deschain

This is one of those cases where I'm equally torn. On the one hand I'm all for keeping true to canon. On the other hand, if an actor can do the part justice, go for it.

For instance, I absolutely love Ruth Negga as Tulip in Preacher. Even though she is supposed to be a lily white blonde girl. But then I think, while Idris Elba is okay as Heimdall, but would've still preferred a big Scandinavian looking dude. Same with casting a small black chick as Valkyrie. Where does that make sense? Don't think of changing Nick Fury back to white though. Sam Jackson is #myFury.
I was going to post about Tulip

They should have cast Mickey Rooney for that blackjack movie, IMO.

They should have cast Mickey Rooney for that blackjack movie, IMO.

chow-ss-slide-G7KR-superJumbo.jpg

Hollywood white washes a bunch of movies. Just throw in a token minority in there and it's a okay though.

They try to pass off John Wayne as Genghis Khan for cripes sakes!

images

<{1-6}>

Many white americans are vanilla as hell. Hence the many strange ass subcultures and imitating other cultures to differentiate themselves as an individual.

Last edited:
Lol

ua03ixmoj0w0zbxdcmoc.jpg

We can also add every al Pacino gangster role except godfather.

We've reached the point where it's cool to cast black actors, but Asians still get the shaft.

Notice how most of those are really old movies. The reason being, I don't think they let a lot of minorities into the acting game back then. I mean, back then Italians were considered minorities.

But I didn't know that about 21. Kind of fucked up when they do that for a true story. Other than that, meh, I don't care.

Al Pacino in Scarface is one that they forgot.

Johny Depp as Tonto. Although Depp claims to be part Native American

Last edited:
Well they're going to have to do it for themselves if nobody's going to do it for them.

What's crazy is Hollywood not developing a bankable Asian actor. The Asian market is such a moneymaker for them.

Back