***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

i dont have a problem with the final no call where oubre drove and pg13 was there and took the contact in the chest. However the play before that where oubre drove hard and kawhi was riding his body should have been called so oubre is probably mad about both non calls combined as well as the fact the clippers were getting those same calls on the other end when they drove to the basket. Id be mad if i was oubre too.

GOAT STUFF ONLY

giphy.gif

I remember when a lot of these romos thought dillon Brooks was the worst player in the nba, and that Fred was a can
I hate to tell you this, but its not like Fred VanFleet and Brooks are efficient outside of shooting 3s lol. Brooks is better on defense this year too which helps.

Sengun and JSJ are carrying that team and my mans Whitmore is dominating during the limited minutes he's getting. Udoka is a can though. Whitmore should be starting over Brooks, but he might take touches away from Green, which I don't think would be a bad idea tbh. Green is good but I think Whitmore could be better working with JSJ and Sengun when he gets back,.

Dont have time to watch it but I'm assuming LeGOAT is #1

The video is really worth the watch IMO but the TL/DWatch I'll put in spoilers :

Yes and no it's Lebron. The video thumbnail is actually hiding who it is, Anthony Davis. But the real moral to the story is the concept of clutch is really overrated and you get distortions based on the law of small numbers (when someone has just a handful of clutch shots, you get some outliers that give the illusion they are clutch because someone hits 3 out of 4 clutch shots in their career, that absolutely is NOT indicative that they would be able to hit 30 out of 40 clutch shots - as number of attempts to up, mean reversion inevitably takes place).

And as someone increasingly takes clutch shots, their average inevitably goes towards their overall shooting average (and they'd be lucky to stay even that hight because typically it ought to go lower because in clutch situations defenses 1) have a better gauge of the timing of the shot (usually as the game clock expires) and 2) gamble on who's gonna take it more (and are usually right).

I would actually argue that with those parameters, the best person(s) to use in the clutch are tall players that inevitably have it easier to shoot over defenses since defenses inevitably know the timing of what's coming. They would possibly have minimal differences between their in-game field goal percentages and clutch time percentages.

I hate to tell you this, but its not like Fred VanFleet and Brooks are efficient outside of shooting 3s lol. Brooks is better on defense this year too which helps.

Sengun and JSJ are carrying that team and my mans Whitmore is dominating during the limited minutes he's getting. Udoka is a can though. Whitmore should be starting over Brooks, but he might take touches away from Green, which I don't think would be a bad idea tbh. Green is good but I think Whitmore could be better working with JSJ and Sengun when he gets back,.
they've been on their hot streak when sengun went down

fred and dillon brooks both played for a long time, and instead of relying on geek stats, just look at the way they compete and battle

that's the difference between last year's rockets and this year's rockets

they've been on their hot streak when sengun went down

fred and dillon brooks both played for a long time, and instead of relying on geek stats, just look at the way they compete and battle

that's the difference between last year's rockets and this year's rockets
Look who theyve beaten, theyre all trash except OKC. From memory its been Portland, Washington, Chicago and Utah or something. Theyve had more shit teams than good.

I look at FVV and Crooks. They're fine. Jalen Green is definitely making up for their lack of versatility and athleticism from the perimeter. I even said at the beginning of the year, Udoka is gonna coach this team like a contender and ruin the development of their young players. Its happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back