***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v4: RIP DEMAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. He can't shoot to save his life, but the team's substantially better with him

Kawhi gonna lose out on 80mil if he goes to LA lol them endorsements better be legit.
To play devils advocate, it could back fire. They could wind up holding Kawhi for the full season and only getting cap space for their most accomplished player in franchise history and currently their best player in Derozan as well as a recent draftee Jacob Poetl(Pick #9) when they could have played it safe and just dealt Derozan for assets to start the rebuild.

yea that is the other option but how much do the Raps really get for DeMar in a firesale rebuild situation??? I am pretty sure Masai was feeling out the market on Lowry and DeRozan and got low balled like crazy when he isnt in a weak situation and realizes DeMar wont net that much. Kawhi didnt even net a lotto pick there is no way DeMar will. You might get a servicable bench piece (which Raptors have a shit ton of) and a mid tier prospect as the ceiling. That doesnt move the needle.

Masai swinging for the finals before a rebuild in the worst case. Masai is well connected, talking a bout a man who was just in Africa with Obama doing charity work. He is a hands on GM with his players, he develops relationships. He can put him on to lots of endorsement opportunities in Africa, Canada and USA. I feel like Masai thinks there is a chance it could happen but is fully prepared for the rebuild route.

We see teams rebuild literally every year. How many teams set themselves up to be a legit 1 year contender before the rebuild and all the money coming off the books within 2 years?? That is why Masai is one of the best in the business. That is why the Knicks and many other teams want to scoop him up from Toronto. Keeping Masai to me is the most important piece, he brings respect and credibility to the franch.

That's your fault for watching the ESP

You forgot :

5. Have Chris Paul get hurt
6. Have refs stop calling fouls in the 2nd half of game 6 and 7 to the point where players around the league were even tweeting about it
not bricking 19 or whatever consecutive 3s (many wide the f open) would also help

serious ?, how do you feel about the Rocks moves thus far? resigning CP3 and letting Ariza and Mbah a Moute go primarily. Can't believe i'm saying this, but I think Gerald Green will actually pick up more slack than others are guessing

Probably preparing to lose Cryrie next season.
Ainge isn’t sold on him being back is the rumor. Have to hold on to Rozier now because of this.

in the last two days, these threads have gone from 'kawhi wasn't really hurt, what a bitch' to 'well he was actually hurt for the season, thought he could play, he's still a bitch'

wait, i thought he wasn't hurt hahahaha. let's just gloss that over right quick

also LOL at Pop 'BEGGING' to give the media info on an injury....Poppovich....

Welcome to the Raptors team as well, Gunny. You will fit right in beside Kawhi and Kawhi Jr (OG). I wish we could suit you up and have a Gunny/OG/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka defensive death squad. Ill talk to Drizzy about it.

bet you can get a Kawhi Raps jersey cheap down there, do it as a sign of your new loyalty.

Welcome to the Raptors team as well, Gunny. You will fit right in beside Kawhi and Kawhi Jr (OG). I wish we could suit you up and have a Gunny/OG/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka defensive death squad. Ill talk to Drizzy about it.

bet you can get a Kawhi Raps jersey cheap down there, do it as a sign of your new loyalty.
this whole situation is weird, he certainly didn't handle it right, but the Spurs clearly didn't either

good, I don't like the Spurs anyway, which is why I have an SDSU kawhi AV and not a spurs one.

I didn't even see at first that Danny Green also went, crucial 3 and D pickup yall can trot out w/ Wright/Siakam and other lengthy defenders.

this whole situation is weird, he certainly didn't handle it right, but the Spurs clearly didn't either

good, I don't like the Spurs anyway, which is why I have an SDSU kawhi AV and not a spurs one.

I didn't even see at first that Danny Green also went, crucial 3 and D pickup yall can trot out w/ Wright/Siakam and other lengthy defenders.

Yep people not noticing how good he fits, too. He might actually start. DeMar was the weak link in the starting lineup for 3 point shooting but now Raps add Kawhi and Green who both shoot 38%+ from 3??? Nurse is gonna love that, he is the architect of 3 heavy new offense the Raps ran last year instead of the ISO heavy one of years past. I expect the Raps 3 point % to go up this year which was a crucial improvement as they were top 5 in attempts but bottom 10 in % last year.

Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/JV literally everybody can hit 3s. Nurse gonna ultilize JV way more and have him shoot more 3s which he was panning for last year but Casey has an irrational dislike of JV.

not bricking 19 or whatever consecutive 3s (many wide the f open) would also help

serious ?, how do you feel about the Rocks moves thus far? resigning CP3 and letting Ariza and Mbah a Moute go primarily. Can't believe i'm saying this, but I think Gerald Green will actually pick up more slack than others are guessing

27 lol.

I liked Ariza but not for 15 million. That was absurd. I wanted them to keep Green over Luc so I was fine with that. Plus Luc's shoulder is an issue. Ennis is a good defender but not at Luc's level so that is a loss. Depends on what happens. Looks like they are going to end up with Melo. Not a fan anymore but maybe Paul can get through to him. Really like the Melton pick in the 2nd round. He had a great Freshman season before being ruled ineligible. Hated the MCW signing. I'm hoping Capela signs the qualifying offer so he's playing for a contract or signs for the 65 million they offered him. If they cave and meet him in the middle at 80-85 million I would consider that a negative.

I'm still in wait and see how it all ends up. Especially if they can get a 20 million trade exception for Ryan Anderson and two first round picks. That would be huge. This team has a 3 year window max imo so those picks aren't important imo.

Ainge isn’t sold on him being back is the rumor. Have to hold on to Rozier now because of this.

Makes sense. I think that he's going to NY

Yep people not noticing how good he fits, too. He might actually start. DeMar was the weak link in the starting lineup for 3 point shooting but now Raps add Kawhi and Green who both shoot 38%+ from 3??? Nurse is gonna love that, he is the architect of 3 heavy new offense the Raps ran last year instead of the ISO heavy one of years past. I expect the Raps 3 point % to go up this year which was a crucial improvement as they were top 5 in attempts but bottom 10 in % last year.

Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/JV literally everybody can hit 3s. Nurse gonna ultilize JV way more and have him shoot more 3s which he was panning for last year but Casey has an irrational dislike of JV.
it sounds weird, but it might actually help defensively to have JV be more spread out on Offense (or shoot 3s)...

As much of a downlow force he can be, and rebounder, he gets back on Defense waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. Having him out at the 3pt line at least eliminates some of that, saves some cardio, and could allow him to play more minutes...

it sounds weird, but it might actually help defensively to have JV be more spread out on Offense (or shoot 3s)...

As much of a downlow force he can be, and rebounder, he gets back on Defense waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. Having him out at the 3pt line at least eliminates some of that, saves some cardio, and could allow him to play more minutes...

so many good benefits. it spreads the floor, energy, it forces other Cs to have to deal with covering JV out there, he is a monster on PnR but never pops when he could.

The biggest benefit is the dude actually shot 40% from 3 last year lol only 1 attempt per game but what coach sees his starting C hitting 40% and doesnt try to see if getting him more looks would keep him around the same?? Teams arent expecting a 3 ran for JV which is why i am sure Nurse will do it.

I also put replacing Casey as a net positive. I am excited to see what Nurse has in store for an already top 5 offense that just upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back