***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v4: RIP DEMAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a life long laker fan. I didn’t just start watching basketball in the 2000’s like you.

Oh so you jumped ship when they started to suck. No wonder you like LeBum so much hahahahahahaahaah

that's not true Jrams, he played on the Spurs and in their system

obviously he has gotten better year by year, just like Giannis.

Why have the Spurs not produced any other MVP level players then? It's him and Duncan (and pre Pop DRob), and Duncan came in heralded and played 4 years of college right?

Why is Kawhi the only MVP/DPOTY level player that Pop has ever 'developed'?

odd

For the record I used to gloss over your kawhi is god rants but for at least a year I am fully on board, educate motherfuckers Gunny. Motivated Kawhi gonna shut everybody up and be MvP next year on a finals run for the ages.

He had no offensive game the first 3 years in the league. Just a 3 and D guy. Wasn't until the '14 finals when he got any attention on offense, and even then he was just one of the guys in that system.

Dude didn't even have a 30 point game until 4 years into the league.

That’s cuz he was on the spurs and got no looks like 6 or 9 fga a game max. What you want him to put up on 6 shots a game?? 30 haha

Pop let’s guys develop slow, he trusts his vets. If anything kawhi turn into an offensive beast faster somewhere that needed him for big min earlier in his career after they recognize how great he is in practice and games

Talent like kawhi doesn’t just develop overnight cuz of one coach. Dude is an athletic beast with crazy physical gifts

For the record I used to gloss over your kawhi is god rants but for at least a year I am fully on board, educate motherfuckers Gunny. Motivated Kawhi gonna shut everybody up and be MvP next year on a finals run for the ages.
his last yoffs, before getting ZaZa'd his PER was 31.5, and ws/48 was .314 (both top ten all time single season yoff performances) on shooting splits of 52/45/93

i think people forget how crazy he was going b/c of GS almost going unbeaten

i mean assuming he actually comes back healthy, that's a good sign

that's not true Jrams, he played on the Spurs and in their system. And he actually COULDN'T shoot 3s, so no he wasn't a 3 and D guy he was a slasher/midrange guy at first.

obviously he has gotten better year by year, just like Giannis.

Why have the Spurs not produced any other MVP level players then? It's him and Duncan (and pre Pop DRob), and Duncan came in heralded and played 4 years of college right?

Why is Kawhi the only MVP/DPOTY level player that Pop has ever 'developed'?

odd.

Danny Green is actually who you should be talking about, he was cut from other teams and then became a vital 3 and D guy for a Title team. Or Bruce Bowen

kawhi was just a young developing guy

So besides all those guys he developed, Pop didn't develop anyone?

So besides all those guys he developed, Pop didn't develop anyone?
weird that two spurs won DPOTY prior to Pop coaching, but only Kawhi has won it since (twice at that)....

who else developed like Kawhi? he's been top 3 in MVP voting twice, won FMVP, and DPOTY twice......
i don't recall Michael Finley doing that, LMA hasn't been better like at all, Parker and Gino came over developed from INTL ball and never truly reached what he already has, etc....

who are these mythical people?

You are using Parker and Ginobili to discredit Pop’s tutelage?

Lol.

let's put this another way
why aren't some people good at FT shooting? there's no Defender, you have time, can get set, have a rhythm/pattern, etc....

Is it b/c they have bad coaching? We'll even negate bigs here, why did Tracy McGrady, Bruce Bowen, Pippen, and now Lebron all suck historically as wing FT shooters?

it's effort, period. time in the gym working on it, that's it. That or mental weakness, no other explanation. Coaches can only do so much, the player has to have the drive and determination to want to get better and put the time in to establish that muscle memory and rhythm

not only has Kawhi developed majorly offensively, but he's also maintained his defensive intensity and tenacity. Which other than uh Michael Jordan is pretty much unheard of on this level of basketball. That's not 'just coaching' or a 'system player', if you believe that i'm not entirely sure what to tell you.

You are using Parker and Ginobili to discredit Pop’s tutelage?

Lol.
you're using them as a positive example?

let me guess, Duncan was all him too?

hahahahahah

shoulda stuck w/ Danny Green

sure
he was the conf leader in rebounding (both years), and 9th IN THE NATION as a sophomore SMALL FORWARD. He was 2nd in the entire NCAA in Defensive Win Shares.

some people have inherent drive/hustle/desire to improve, other's don't....

how many of yall even watched him play, yet all of a sudden we're all experts on the development of Kawhi Leonard hahahahaha
I watched him grow him 8 pts 6 rbs that got torched by the playoff force known as James Harden to the top 5 player he is today. That there is a lot of development

let's put this another way
why aren't some people good at FT shooting? there's no Defender, you have time, can get set, have a rhythm/pattern, etc....

Is it b/c they have bad coaching? We'll even negate bigs here, why did Tracy McGrady, Bruce Bowen, Pippen, and now Lebron all suck historically as wing FT shooters?

it's effort, period. time in the gym working on it, that's it. That or mental weakness, no other explanation. Coaches can only do so much, the player has to have the drive and determination to want to get better and put the time in to establish that muscle memory and rhythm

not only has Kawhi developed majorly offensively, but he's also maintained his defensive intensity and tenacity. Which other than uh Michael Jordan is pretty much unheard of on this level of basketball. That's not 'just coaching' or a 'system player', if you believe that i'm not entirely sure what to tell you.
Lmao @ using FTs as the main point of your argument

Pop made Kawhi is the most egregious thing i've literally ever heard on this forum

and that includes BD's 'Chris Kaman is the 2nd best C in the league' statement he made once

What sport are yall watching?
lmfao classic BD

Tho Kaveman was a bit underrated.

lmfao classic BD

Tho Kaveman was a bit underrated.
Arguably had the best post moves and footwork downlow, no hyperbole. He also fell asleep on the bench

I think its Vucevic now personally

Lets see what Pop does with DeMar and the argument will be settled. Lost in all the DeMar got screwed hype is the guy came up super small year after year in the yoffs and literally got benched in the most important game of the year as the Raptors made a big run to tie the game (and lose to LeBrons buzzer beater)

Lets see what Pop does with DeMar and the argument will be settled. Lost in all the DeMar got screwed hype is the guy came up super small year after year in the yoffs and literally got benched in the most important game of the year as the Raptors made a big run to tie the game (and lose to LeBrons buzzer beater)

Damn dude. I expected better from you than this. You spent a ton of time defending "Dekobe" and now you are shitting on the dude while defending quitwi. Disappointing

you're using them as a positive example?

let me guess, Duncan was all him too?

hahahahahah

shoulda stuck w/ Danny Green

Parker came over at 19, younger than when Kawad Legler joined the league.

It was pretty open that Pop and Manu hated each other when Manu first got into the league. Pop hated Manu's stupid passes and when they finally got on the same page Manu became an all-star.

But Europe.

So I agree, if you disregard all the players who got better and the low ceiling picks that improved under Pop, he's helped no player improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back