2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Jeeeez the long snapper they drafted was originally a TE when he was younger, and the position switch was the result of 3 torn ACL's

Apparently he's very good at what he does, but damn dude imagine all that shit before you even leave college

Jeeeez the long snapper they drafted was originally a TE when he was younger, and the position switch was the result of 3 torn ACL's

Apparently he's very good at what he does, but damn dude imagine all that shit before you even leave college
That's brutal.

Leave it to the Packers to draft a guy with a history of injuries.

But he can play multiple positions!
giphy.gif

Davante needs to take Moore under his wing and perfect his route running.

I want to see this kid break ankles in the pros.

Since it's been about a week since the draft I've come to the conclusion I am actually pretty happy with how it turned out.

I know DBs can take at minimum a year or two to develop but the shit you see of our top 2 picks I like. Only issue I really have is Alexander is a bit of a manlet.

Since it's been about a week since the draft I've come to the conclusion I am actually pretty happy with how it turned out.

I know DBs can take at minimum a year or two to develop but the shit you see of our top 2 picks I like. Only issue I really have is Alexander is a bit of a manlet.

I would like to see defensive backs as tall as those receivers. Maybe one of them can play defense? We know they can't all make the team as receivers.

Matt Ryan just got 150 million over 5 rears, so 30 mil 100 mil guaranteed

You guys are so fucked because Rodgers contract is going to be insane.

Matt Ryan just got 150 million over 5 rears, so 30 mil 100 mil guaranteed

You guys are so fucked because Rodgers contract is going to be insane.

He's signed through 2019 then three years of franchise tags and he's 39 by the end of the last season and the team still wouldn't spend as much as doing a new deal now.

He's signed through 2019 then three years of franchise tags and he's 39 by the end of the last season and the team still wouldn't spend as much as doing a new deal now.

You're currently working on an extension with Rodgers, and if he wants to he can demand a huge ransom. I think the guy wants to finish his career in Green Bay though

Me to my girlfriend, who's seen like one football game and for whom English is a third language: "If you had to pick one, between J'mon Moore, Marquez Valdes-Scandling, and Equanimeous St. Brown, what do you choose?"

"Equanimeous St. Brown"

*High five* "why?"

"Doesn't that mean a very good brownie?"

You're currently working on an extension with Rodgers, and if he wants to he can demand a huge ransom. I think the guy wants to finish his career in Green Bay though

Anyone can demand anything they want. I was pointing out how the Packers don't have to negotiate a new contract. They could keep him through 2022 and likely not pay him as much as the Falcons paid Ryan. That would depend on what any future quarterback contracts are but I don't see any big ones over the next 4 years. Maybe Carson Wentz?

Anyone can demand anything they want. I was pointing out how the Packers don't have to negotiate a new contract. They could keep him through 2022 and likely not pay him as much as the Falcons paid Ryan. That would depend on what any future quarterback contracts are but I don't see any big ones over the next 4 years. Maybe Carson Wentz?
Goff
Wentz
Rustled

Those three come to mind for me.

Goff
Wentz
Rustled

Those three come to mind for me.

Are they in the running to become the highest paid quarterback? Will their teams have the cap space to make them the highest paid? Philly won without Wentz. I suspect the contracts depend on how the teams are doing. They might raise the top 5 average for 2020.

Jared Goff likely has a 5th year option as he doesn't become a free agent until 2021. Same for Carson Wentz. The 2020 top 5 average will set the Franchise tag price. Wilson is a free agent in 2020.

Last edited:
Are they in the running to become the highest paid quarterback? Will their teams have the cap space to make them the highest paid? Philly won without Wentz. I suspect the contracts depend on how the teams are doing. They might raise the top 5 average for 2020.

Jared Goff likely has a 5th year option as he doesn't become a free agent until 2021. Same for Carson Wentz. The 2020 top 5 average will set the Franchise tag price. Wilson is a free agent in 2020.
Philly doesn't get put in a position to win without Wentz IMO.

Philly doesn't get put in a position to win without Wentz IMO.

When your backup plays the post season and wins the Superbowl it raises questions though. Still, Wentz isn't due until 2021. If it comes down to tagging Rodgers, it's the average of the top 5 the first season then 120% of the previous seasons salary in 2021 and 144% in 2022.

Back