2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

So glad Philbin is back. Maybe now they can actually game plan for specific opponents and get back to actual timing/precision routes; instead of "yeah guys, get open and Aaron will scramble until he finds you".

If Rodgers starts taking what the defense gives him and throwing to the backs/Cobb more to get easy first downs I'll be happier than a pig in shit.

If they used Cobb successfully even at a 75% success rate of a guy like this:

I'll be happy as fuck

If they used Cobb successfully even at a 75% success rate of a guy like this:

I'll be happy as fuck

I never really believed the narrative that Cobb fell off a cliff after 2014. He's just not an outside receiver and needs to be schemed open more and Rodgers needs to go to him on third and short for easy first downs. Even getting the ball to Cobb in space is productive.

To be honest, I think the Packers need to adopt a more all encompassing offensive attack like the Pats or the Eagles. Use your backs more, whether it be in the run or pass game. And don't keep chasing the big play. Let it come to you.

I really hope we have thousand yard rusher this season.

Getting Cobb "into space" is overrated imo since he builds to a light jog. He'll get 4-5 yards where some guys wouldn't due to his quickness, but beyond that he's just not dynamic. He has to be schemed catches that will yield about 10 yards on average.

I never really believed the narrative that Cobb fell off a cliff after 2014. He's just not an outside receiver and needs to be schemed open more and Rodgers needs to go to him on third and short for easy first downs. Even getting the ball to Cobb in space is productive.

To be honest, I think the Packers need to adopt a more all encompassing offensive attack like the Pats or the Eagles. Use your backs more, whether it be in the run or pass game. And don't keep chasing the big play. Let it come to you.

I really hope we have thousand yard rusher this season.
I think we will if the primary back is one of these two and not Ty:

Pack finally has a legitimate 1-2 punch for RBs and rumor is Ty is still in the mix.... ugh.

It's pretty obvious Williams is more of a between the tackles run consistently for 5-7 yards type with Jones being the one that can follow up a pair of runs for no gain with like a 20 yarder

I think we will if the primary back is one of these two and not Ty:

Pack finally has a legitimate 1-2 punch for RBs and rumor is Ty is still in the mix... fffffuuuuuu

Ty is a monster with catches out of the backfield. He just can't stay healthy. Yeah, typical for a player in Green and Gold.

Ty is a monster with catches out of the backfield. He just can't stay healthy. Yeah, typical for a player in Green and Gold.
Problem if they try to use Ty only on obvious passing 3rd downs out of the backfield is UNLIKE a dude like say, Woodhead... Ty can't fucking block. Ty missing a block is why Aaron got SMASHED on the play before the throw to Cook against the Cangirls.

Problem if they try to use Ty only on obvious passing 3rd downs out of the backfield is UNLIKE a dude like say, Woodhead... Ty can't fucking block. Ty missing a block is why Aaron got SMASHED on the play before the throw to Cook against the Cangirls.

Both Ty and Jones have to get better at pass pro.

That's why I still think my boy Jamaal Williams will be the undisputed RB #1 to start the season.

Both Ty and Jones have to get better at pass pro.

That's why I still think my boy Jamaal Williams will be the undisputed RB #1 to start the season.
Williams is your more standard NFC North back anyways. He's runs more like a power back and that's what outdoor teams need who play in cold environment. He may only get 3-4 yards sometimes but he punishes motherfuckers to get that.

Jones was a goddamn workhorse for me for a couple weeks in fantasy though

Williams is your more standard NFC North back anyways. He's runs more like a power back and that's what outdoor teams need who play in cold environment. He may only get 3-4 yards sometimes but he punishes motherfuckers to get that.

Jones was a goddamn workhorse for me for a couple weeks in fantasy though

That game in Dallas. doe.

Dude was on fire.

With the schedule slated to be released in two days; who do you think the Pack plays in week 1? Apparently Murphy wants a prime-time game to commemorate the teams 100th season. My guess is either Da Bears or Niners.

That game in Dallas. doe.

Dude was on fire.

With the schedule slated to be released in two days; who do you think the Pack plays in week 1? Apparently Murphy wants a prime-time game to commemorate the teams 100th season. My guess is either Da Bears or Niners.
I want the Niners.

For me.... Bears games HAVE to be just before Thanksgiving and later. It should be a goddamn requirement that those teams play each other in the biting cold for both games IMO.

And I want the ATL game in the middle of a fucking blizzard in Green Bay so Biegel, Wilk, Daniels, and co can smash Matty Ice and then have King step on Julio's toe and watch his tears turn to ice.

Yeah, I kinda want to welcome Jimmy G to Lambeau Field in week 1 too.

Look at Carter's face as the lady is asking the question. Totally reads as "this salty ass muthafucka is going to be talking up Godgers after bitching about him 3 years ago"

Jennings, lol, fuck that guy.

As for Rodgers, it's pretty obvious there is some truth to those reports of him being frustrated with the front office.

I think his frustrations will go out the window when Pettine's defenses allow only 17 - 20 points PPG.

Jennings, lol, fuck that guy.

As for Rodgers, it's pretty obvious there is some truth to those reports of him being frustrated with the front office.

I think his frustrations will go out the window when Pettine's defenses allow only 17 - 20 points PPG.
If our pass defense gets better I'll be happy. Our run defense was pretty good, I will admit they gave up big chunk plays but it was to guys like fucking LeVeon Bell (who DOESN'T give up chunk plays to that guy) and came late in games when they got torched cause they were out there for 3 hours.

I am very much on the Aaron Jones bandwagon. I love his vision, patience, and quickness.

Jamaal Williams is very meh. He's a solid athlete, but his vision is fucking atrocious and he crashes into his blockers too often.

Ty needs to go back to WR. It's nice that we have him in case we need him for RB, but keep him at RB is silly.

I am very much on the Aaron Jones bandwagon. I love his vision, patience, and quickness.

Jamaal Williams is very meh. He's a solid athlete, but his vision is fucking atrocious and he crashes into his blockers too often.

Ty needs to go back to WR. It's nice that we have him in case we need him for RB, but keep him at RB is silly.
Williams to me is like Blount. You won't get a ton of spectacular runs but when you need to protect a lead with 3 minutes left? Feed him and let him body up the defense.

Williams to me is like Blount. You won't get a ton of spectacular runs but when you need to protect a lead with 3 minutes left? Feed him and let him body up the defense.

Meh, I don't see that either. I don't think he's shown that he can consistently get past the line of scrimmage due to his lack of vision and his upright running style, evidenced by the fact that he averaged like 2.8 ypc up through the first half of the season and ended up with only 3.6.

I see a more agile but less patient Tony Fisher.

Meh, I don't see that either. I don't think he's shown that he can consistently get past the line of scrimmage due to his lack of vision and his upright running style, evidenced by the fact that he averaged like 2.8 ypc up through the first half of the season and ended up with only 3.6.

I see a more agile but less patient Tony Fisher.
I'm like you though, I am firmly more of a Jones than Williams.

Just I think towards the end of a game if the Pack is in the lead and ruling TOP is when Williams will be very beneficial to change of pace Jones basically.

I'm like you though, I am firmly more of a Jones than Williams.

Just I think towards the end of a game if the Pack is in the lead and ruling TOP is when Williams will be very beneficial to change of pace Jones basically.

I do agree that his style is a good change of pace (quite literally) to Jones, in that Jones is patient and rhythmic and Jones has really no rhythm at all.

I also am biased in that I really didn't like the Williams pick (loved the Jones pick), and thought/think Williams is just a slower, less athletic version of Brian Hill, who I really liked.

Back