2018 CFB Discussion: National Championship or bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see how long Day lasts at Ohio State.

Farewell Urbs.

Damn, we knew it was coming either this year or next but I didn't expect to wake up to this news. Thanks for everything, and hopefully with the way things went when he was suspended this year, it showed the program is in good hands still. You know they're partying in Ann Arbor over this news. #7-0

JCr.gif

Thanks Urban.

Because, top to bottom they are a better team. The only thing that puts them behind Oklahoma or Ohio State is one more loss.

And Notre Dame has nothing to brag about. One of these inbred Southern schools are going to whoop their ass again.

Ask Mante Tao how the last one went...
They couldn't beat a team after they had a two td lead and lost their heismann front running qb. Fuck them.

Maybe they could make a better argument if the SEC had played 9 conference games or had they not scheduled 3 cupcake non conference games.

Georgia played in what 4 "big" games this year . . . Florida, Kentucky, LSU and Alabama. They went 2-2 . . .
Kentucky isn't a big game. They're improved but they will always be kentucky.

They couldn't beat a team after they had a two td lead and lost their heismann front running qb. Fuck them.

Maybe they could make a better argument if the SEC had played 9 conference games or had they not scheduled 3 cupcake non conference games.
I’m not saying that Georgia should be in. I’m just saying that it’s not a laughable argument. If Georgia would have scored on that Hail Mary and made a two point conversion to win, there is no question they are in the playoff. They didn’t make it, so they aren’t in, but to say that they are not a playoff caliber team is ridiculous.

Oklahoma deserves the spot, but to act like Oklahoma is head and shoulders better than Georgia is just stupid.

This is actually playing out perfectly for Saban.

After that gut check he can ride them for 3 weeks on the fact that they are not as good as everyone says they are. Murray will win the Heisman, which will put a chip on the Alabama teams shoulder because of course they feel like Tua deserved it, so they will be hell bent on proving everyone wrong.

A month to heal, weeks of being told they are overrated, along with a drive for redemption is a gift to Saban.

I’m not saying that Georgia should be in. I’m just saying that it’s not a laughable argument. If Georgia would have scored on that Hail Mary and made a two point conversion to win, there is no question they are in the playoff. They didn’t make it, so they aren’t in, but to say that they are not a playoff caliber team is ridiculous.

Oklahoma deserves the spot, but to act like Oklahoma is head and shoulders better than Georgia is just stupid.
No one outside of the south wants to see two sec teams in the playoff game. There's more of an argument to expand the playoff format to 8 than for Georgia to make it in it's current format.

No one outside of the south wants to see two sec teams in the playoff game. There's more of an argument to expand the playoff format to 8 than for Georgia to make it in it's current format.
I get that. But the criteria calls for the 4 best teams, not what people want or anything else. That being said, Oklahoma should get the spot. But Georgia is certainly a worthy team.

This is actually playing out perfectly for Saban.

After that gut check he can ride them for 3 weeks on the fact that they are not as good as everyone says they are. Murray will win the Heisman, which will put a chip on the Alabama teams shoulder because of course they feel like Tua deserved it, so they will be hell bent on proving everyone wrong.

A month to heal, weeks of being told they are overrated, along with a drive for redemption is a gift to Saban.

If those guys are so insecure that playing a close game makes them or their coaches question their abilities . . . . my goodness.

And who is going to be telling them they're overrated?

All of you Okie’s said that it was “laughable” to be compared to Georgia.

We said it was laughable to say that because Georgia played Alabama close they should remain as one of the top 4 teams and in the playoff . . . NOT that they weren't a quality team OR that Oklahoma was head and shoulders better than them.

lmao @ Cantain going full SEC SEC SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back