2018 CFB Discussion: National Championship or bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Davis

Senior Flatulator
@Steel
Reaction score
Bama vs Okie
Clemson vs Notre Dame

It’s on!

@spamking

I couldn’t respond to your last post in the closed thread, but it’s not laughable if you want the 4 best teams.

Oklahoma and/or Ohio State May be more deserving, but Georgia is one of the 4 best teams in the country.

Their 2 losses are respectable, where Ohio States one loss was embarrassing.

I would have Okie and Georgia ahead of Ohio State easy.

Would have left Notre Dame out, bumped UGA to 3, put Okie at 4. I have a hard time believing a Notre Dame squad that struggled with Ball State, Vandy, and Pitt is the 3rd best team in America.

Real National Champs from last season get screwed again.

UCF, back-to-back Undefeated National Champions.

Last edited:
tough one for Buckeyes. They should have blown NW out; not doing so hurt their chances really bad.

I’m not mad about Oklahoma being in over Georgia, I just think it is debatable. I honestly think Clemson should have been 1 and Bama at 2, based on their last performances. I know Clemson played a sub par opponent, but they beat them looking like a championship caliber team. Alabama has its worst performance of the season by far. Everyone was off.

The only positive I can take from it is that Bama played terribly and still pulled it off. That was their first legit gut check of the season.

@spamking

I couldn’t respond to your last post in the closed thread, but it’s not laughable if you want the 4 best teams.

They were one of the top 4 teams on Saturday sure . . . and got beat. That alone should remove them from any consideration. They had their shot and didn't take advantage of it.

Oklahoma and/or Ohio State May be more deserving, but Georgia is one of the 4 best teams in the country.

Not with 2 losses . . . and a 20 point loss on their resume as well.

Their 2 losses are respectable, where Ohio States one loss was embarrassing.

Nothing respectable about a 20 point loss IMO . . . as embarrassing as a 29 point loss.

I would have Okie and Georgia ahead of Ohio State easy.

Agree to disagree . . .

I want to see Murray play. He's amazing to watch. Glad Oklahoma got in.

Putting 2 SEC teams in again without the round robin of losses like last year would have been bullshit. If no SEC teams could beat Bama in however many tries they had there is no reason to gift them another shot at the expense of deserving teams from other conferences.

Plus 2 losses, one of them by 3 TDs and the other against Bama playing their worst game of the season with their QB getting hurt? Yeah, sorry, you don't belong in the CFP.

They were one of the top 4 teams on Saturday sure . . . and got beat. That alone should remove them from any consideration. They had their shot and didn't take advantage of it.

Not with 2 losses . . . and a 20 point loss on their resume as well.

Nothing respectable about a 20 point loss IMO . . . as embarrassing as a 29 point loss.

Agree to disagree . . .
They lost to the number 1 team in the country. That is not a bad loss. Sure they have 2 losses, but they are still easily one of the best teams in the country. If you state that the only reason they don’t belong in the playoff is because of 2 losss, you are only saying that they are undeserving, not that they are not one of the best 4 teams.

I would bet that Georgia would be favored over Oklahoma and Double digit favored over Ohio State.

Putting 2 SEC teams in again without the round robin of losses like last year would have been bullshit. If no SEC teams could beat Bama in however many tries they had there is no reason to gift them another shot at the expense of deserving teams from other conferences.
Again. Your reasoning isn’t supposed to be the criteria. It’s supposed to be the 4 BEST teams, not the 4 most deserving.

Again. Your reasoning isn’t supposed to be the criteria. It’s supposed to be the 4 BEST teams, not the 4 most deserving.
I'm not convinced they are one of the 4 best. They couldn't beat Alabama playing poorly with their back up QB and got smoked by LSU.

And if that's the case, how do you justify screwing UCF, whom nobody (including last year's SEC West champions) has been able to beat since 2016? If it's not about deserve how can anyone be considered better than that?

Georgia can eat shit. They had their chance. Time for someone else.

Would have left Notre Dame out, bumped UGA to 3, put Okie at 4. I have a hard time believing a Notre Dame squad that struggled with Ball State, Vandy, and Pitt is the 3rd best team in America.
<Fedor23>

They lost to the number 1 team in the country. That is not a bad loss. Sure they have 2 losses, but they are still easily one of the best teams in the country. If you state that the only reason they don’t belong in the playoff is because of 2 losss, you are only saying that they are undeserving, not that they are not one of the best 4 teams.

I would bet that Georgia would be favored over Oklahoma and Double digit favored over Ohio State.
Weren't you just rambling on about how Alabama beat them with their worst performance of the year? Pretty sure saban just trolls them at this point. Everyone knew the inevitable outcome of that game lol

I know we are over a week out, but I just found this hilarious gif.
XFLeWiK8.gif

They lost to the number 1 team in the country. That is not a bad loss.

It is when you blow a 14 point lead . . . and give up 21 unanswered points.

Sure they have 2 losses, but they are still easily one of the best teams in the country.

Why? They lost to the two toughest teams they played . . .

If you state that the only reason they don’t belong in the playoff is because of 2 losss, you are only saying that they are undeserving, not that they are not one of the best 4 teams.

I said they were one of the best 4 on Saturday . . . come Sunday they're no longer in the discussion as one of the best 4 teams due to getting beat.

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back