2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Economic: Mostly leave it as is, the stock market is at an all time high. Stop letting the 1% get away with everything. Some fucking accountability would be nice.

Domestic: Have more then only 2 parties in the USA. It's an oligarchy right now and both are corrupt. Stop having corporations fund presidential candidates. Fix the health care system. Have some fucking gun control and back ground checks. Get rid of ghettos via free education and social programs. Legalize all drugs and prostitution, war on drugs is a catastrophe. And you should be able to fuck who you want.

Foreign policy: enough of rocket man, get that delusional idiot out of there before he gets nukes. Get out of the middle East and let the Arabs clean up their own mess. Stop blindly supporting Saudi Arabia and Israel, it hurts us.

Challenge to my fellow candidates. Write up economic, domestic, and foreign policy planks.

1. @HomerThompson
2. @irish_thug
3. @Kafir-kun
4. @Rational Poster
5. @Space
6. @Clippy
7. @Falsedawn
8. @JDragon
9. @senri
10. @alanb
11. @VivaRevolution
12. @Quipling
13. @pcptornado
14. @CauseImbetta
15. @snakedafunky
16. @colby25
17. @luckyshot

I will go first.

Economic: Liquidate the kulaks, take their land, and build statues of me on it.

Domestic: Total control, preferably via cult of personality.

Foreign Policy: I'm better than you, fuck you.

You cant censor debates. Unless lead wants to turn this into fake news.

It was censored when I was removed. Some real totalitarian shit, and trust me, i'm a dictator.

I'm going to bed

Sleep good everyone

I know I will
clippysleep.png

Challenge to my fellow candidates. Write up economic, domestic, and foreign policy planks.

I will go first.

I will note that this challenge, as stated, is largely pointless. The purpose of this thread is to run for president of the warroom, not to run for president of the united states - or any other country. Political views are irrelevant to the powers of this presidency and, in any case, many of the posters are not even american. Thus, anyone who thinks that political beliefs are the main factors here does not truly understand the position.

The relevant inquiry-the actual 'policies' that matter - are how we use our presidential powers. The most important of these is how we chose to use our thread.

Thus, I will first address that question.

The most important feature of the thread is that it provides an alternative to the usual affair of the warroom. @Jdragon addressed this in part with his proposal to highlight particularly good threads or posts, and I think that is a good idea - thus my suggestion of using part of the thread to archive such materials. But I would prefer a more interactive thread. I will use my thread-making power in two ways: Positive and Negative.

Positive events would be for saying nice things about fellow posters, especially those with whom you normally do not get along, and for sharing positive stories - and not those that just so happen to support your politics. This idea has been developed as part of my open-advisor policy. The warroom needs to heal and to bring solid posters together. Although users are encouraged to make submissions on their own, my hand-picked advisors will periodically identify quality posters who do not get along, and publicly challenge them to compliment one another.

Of course, we can't have it all nice, and the forum needs a certain fire. So, this would be peppered by (sanctioned) full-flame events between two users who agree to mutual combat. Ever wanted to just tear into somebody? Not debate policy issues, but explain to the world that somebody smells like feet and artificial semen and can't possibly deserve their current status? You could, of course, make your way to the OT, but it'd be better to have a containment thread in the warroom itself for that sort of thing.

For those of you who are interested:

economic: Harness capital, passion, and technology to make a better world. Regulations should be around limiting the damage that those can do and maximizing their benefits. Artificial restrictions on markets, including labor, should be structured around this position. A man does not need a corporate job, but he does need a living and a purpose, and social programs should be designed with that in mind. Thus, transitioning to universal minimum income, with social programs encouraging creativity, activity, and wellness. Labor to achieve luxuries, not simply for basic security.

other domestic issues: liberal-left. Not a very interesting subject. Streamlined criminal codes with drug reform, restrictions on discriminatory behaviors where they are not rationally related to the issue at hand, circular, or

foreign policy: Building relations with other countries carries substantial benefits - so does safeguarding those relations, and protecting those relations against destabilization. This should be done with caution, but it is important to remember that refusing to act does not mean that others will ignore you. Peace is maintained through presence, an active foreign policy, and a perceived willingness to respond.

Last edited:
I will note that this challenge, as stated, is largely pointless. The purpose of this thread is to run for president of the warroom, not to run for president of the united states - or any other country. After all, many of the candidates and voters are not american. Thus, anyone who thinks that political beliefs are the main factors here does not truly understand the position.

The relevant inquiry-the actual 'policies' that matter - are how we use our presidential powers. The most important of these is how we chose to use our thread.

Thus, I will first address that question.

The most important feature of the thread is that it provides an alternative to the usual affair of the warroom. @Jdragon addressed this in part with his proposal to highlight particularly good threads or posts, and I think that is a good idea - thus my suggestion of using part of the thread to archive such materials. But I would prefer a more interactive thread. I will use my thread-making power in two ways: Positive and Negative.

Positive events would be for saying nice things about fellow posters, especially those with whom you normally do not get along, and for sharing positive stories - and not those that just so happen to support your politics. This idea has been developed as part of my open-advisor policy. The warroom needs to heal and to bring solid posters together. Although users are encouraged to make submissions on their own, my hand-picked advisors will periodically identify quality posters who do not get along, and publicly challenge them to compliment one another.

Of course, we can't have it all nice, and the forum needs a certain fire. So, this would be peppered by (sanctioned) full-flame events between two users who agree to mutual combat. Ever wanted to just tear into somebody? Not debate policy issues, but explain to the world that somebody smells like feet and artificial semen and can't possibly deserve their current status? You could, of course, make your way to the OT, but it'd be better to have a containment thread in the warroom itself for that sort of thing.

For those of you who are interested:

economic: Harness capital, passion, and technology to make a better world. Regulations should be around limiting the damage that those can do and maximizing their benefits. Artificial restrictions on markets, including labor, should be structured around this position. A man does not need a corporate job, but he does need a living and a purpose, and social programs should be designed with that in mind. Thus, transitioning to universal minimum income, with social programs encouraging creativity, activity, and wellness. Labor to achieve luxuries, not simply for basic security.

other domestic issues: liberal-left. Not a very interesting subject. Streamlined criminal codes with drug reform, restrictions on discriminatory behaviors where they are not rationally related to the issue at hand, circular, or

foreign policy: Building relations with other countries carries substantial benefits - so does safeguarding those relations, and protecting those relations against destabilization. This should be done with caution, but it is important to remember that refusing to act does not mean that others will ignore you. Peace is maintained through presence, an active foreign policy, and a perceived willingness to respond.

Especially a flame off.

Make the war room, war again.

I quit reading this shit fest at page 4. What a train wreck. I hope a hostile foreign power invades this thread and installs @Rebelfett as a puppet president.

1. @HomerThompson
2. @irish_thug
3. @Kafir-kun
4. @Rational Poster
5. @Space
6. @Clippy
7. @Falsedawn
8. @JDragon
9. @senri
10. @alanb
11. @VivaRevolution
12. @Quipling
13. @pcptornado
14. @CauseImbetta
15. @snakedafunky
16. @colby25
17. @luckyshot

I will go first.

Nothing is required what has already been done. Once The Nexus is tasted by all, will the sapiens begin to align in harmony. The masses will consume with eloquence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back