***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v6 - All-Star Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck is Horford an All Star? Same with Lillard. He literally begged his way on the team.
Not a surprise given that jcc's entire village voted for him.

C'mon. Even if you hate him he's had a better season than Lillard
Per game, almost certainly, although Lillard is scoring significantly more. But CP3 missed like 20 games.

ticsib1e89c01.jpg

@HunterSdVa29 , the fuck you doing in Kansas?

Per game, almost certainly, although Lillard is scoring significantly more. But CP3 missed like 20 games.

I understand he missed time but you can argue that the Rockets are 2nd best team in the league. 18-2 when CP3 and James start together. 2-1 vs GS

I understand he missed time but you can argue that the Rockets are 2nd best team in the league. 18-2 when CP3 and James start together. 2-1 vs GS
I don't disagree. And he's better than Lillard. I'd just argue that it's hard to call him a snub when he's missed almost half the season so far. Meanwhile Lillard is averaging 25+ on similar shooting and hasn't missed time while keeping the Trailblazers in playoff contention. So I can't be upset he got the spot over CP3.

I don't disagree. And he's better than Lillard. I'd just argue that it's hard to call him a snub when he's missed almost half the season so far. Meanwhile Lillard is averaging 25+ on similar shooting and hasn't missed time while keeping the Trailblazers in playoff contention. So I can't be upset he got the spot over CP3.

Agreed with this. CanPee3 is playing great but missed too many games to be considered an all star.

I'd be ok with keeping them both off and giving the spot to PG13. I just never watch Lillard play and think "All-star ". Kinda like laughing when the T-Wolves gave Wiggins the max or Memphis Parsons. I just don't see it

It's already been established that lizard is overrated af by everybody not in the know who only values chucking and ppg. He is basically the anti Lowry who only true scientists of the game like Zach Lowe, @RR and myself realize impacts the game on so many levels the mere idea of comparison is absurd

It's already been established that lizard is overrated af by everybody not in the know who only values chucking and ppg. He is basically the anti Lowry who only true scientists of the game like Zach Lowe, @RR and myself realize impacts the game on so many levels the mere idea of comparison is absurd

Lowry wins. He never cries either. Plays hurt which is why players respect him. That's why Toronto is the best team in the East.

Then you take Lillard who jacks up 3s from the parking lot and couldn't care less about winning. He'll spend the vast majority of his time talking himsrlf up. Lol at crying yourself into an All-Star spot

First off, I said I'd take Lowry over Lillard when that discussion came up a week or two ago, even though the stats (basic and 'advanced') pretty much point to a pick 'em. In fact, as I said then, my only hesitation was that you Crap fans shit on Lowry every time the team loses (and he's never performed well in the 'yoffs). Secondly, no one is comparing him to Lowry now. Thirdly, he's the best player on a playoff team in the West, so being an All-Star isn't out of the realm of reasonable.

Dillard is far >>> than Lowry and anyone worth their salt will tell you that.

Lowrys is a lifetime loser with 0 RINGS and Dillard is in this same boat essentially. An "anti-lowry" would be any player who has known anything other than losing for their entire career.

First off, I said I'd take Lowry over Lillard when that discussion came up a week or two ago, even though the stats (basic and 'advanced') pretty much point to a pick 'em. In fact, as I said then, my only hesitation was that you Crap fans shit on Lowry every time the team loses (and he's never performed well in the 'yoffs). Secondly, no one is comparing him to Lowry now. Thirdly, he's the best player on a playoff team in the West, so being an All-Star isn't out of the realm of reasonable.

He's always played hurt in the yoffs. I can't say he's the best player there anymore. Derozan is

As much as I see the case for under selling Lillard... it's just not true.

The Blazers should suck... I mean there's seriously nothing on that team that qualifies as a "proven winner". And before Lillard showed up they did suck.

Ever since Lillard arrived they've been a playoff team, Aldridge left, didn't matter... they still make yoffs.

Look at that roster man... you have Lillard and McCollum and then... Aminu? Evan Turner? Nurkic?

Add a mix of cast offs and filler... Napier, Ed Davis, Harkless.

This is a fucking playoff team in the West? This is a team that's less than two games behind the Russ / PG13 / Adams, Thunder? (Yes I left Melo off, he sucks)

He's the best player on a perennial playoff team that has little in the way of help... if they didn't make yoffs I'd say "Ok, he's not an All Star."

But similar to Dipo out East... you carry a small market team with little help into playoff contention... you're getting an All Star nod.

Dillard is far >>> than Lowry and anyone worth their salt will tell you that.

Lowrys is a lifetime loser with 0 RINGS and Dillard is in this same boat essentially. An "anti-lowry" would be any player who has known anything other than losing for their entire career.

Shitty trolling. Meh. Not even worth the effort

As much as I see the case for under selling Lillard... it's just not true.

The Blazers should suck... I mean there's seriously nothing on that team that qualifies as a "proven winner". And before Lillard showed up they did suck.

Ever since Lillard arrived they've been a playoff team, Aldridge left, didn't matter... they still make yoffs.

Look at that roster man... you have Lillard and McCollum and then... Aminu? Evan Turner? Nurkic?

Add a mix of cast offs and filler... Napier, Ed Davis, Harkless.

This is a fucking playoff team in the West? This is a team that's less than two games behind the Russ / PG13 / Adams, Thunder? (Yes I left Melo off, he sucks)

He's the best player on a perennial playoff team that has little in the way of help... if they didn't make yoffs I'd say "Ok, he's not an All Star."

But similar to Dipo out East... you carry a small market team with little help into playoff contention... you're getting an All Star nod.

McCollum is pretty good. I'd rather start my team with him than Lillard. Nobody will confuse CM with Joe Dumars but Lillard couldn't guard his own shadow

Not really a fair shake to compare a guy on the back-end of his career who isn't even the best player on his team to an in-prime #1 option who has taken his team to the POs every year after his rookie season in a far greater conference.

And let's not forget how bad the Playoffs have been diluted. It's not exactly an accomplishment to make the Playoffs in the West anymore. I mean the gimp Spurs are fighting for the 3rd seed

Lowry wins. He never cries either. Plays hurt which is why players respect him. That's why Toronto is the best team in the East.

Then you take Lillard who jacks up 3s from the parking lot and couldn't care less about winning. He'll spend the vast majority of his time talking himsrlf up. Lol at crying yourself into an All-Star spot
Well, I'm not going to argue their attitudes as I don't pretend to know or pay a ton of attention to either guy. But as for shooting 3's, Lowry takes 7.7/gm and Lillard 8.1/gm. Lowry is a better 3pt shooter, but Lillard still has the higher FG% and FT%. Lillard is also younger than Lowry who is starting to show his age and has far worse injury history. Lillard gets to the rim more effectively boosting his FTA and they are about dead even in assists, even though Lillard is accused of being 'shoot first' and Lowry isn't.

Going by numbers up to the age of 27, or through 6 NBA seasons, there is no question Lillard has been better.

Lowry's only argument is the work he has put in in his recent prime (the last 3 or 4 seasons), which were at ages and experience levels beyond what Lillard has gotten to yet.

I took Lowry in that discussion because I do see the defense and intangibles you guys love to laud him for. But Lillard still has his prime to look forward to and it's a close discussion between Lillard's early career and Lowry's prime.

Well, I'm not going to argue their attitudes as I don't pretend to know or pay a ton of attention to either guy. But as for shooting 3's, Lowry takes 7.7/gm and Lillard 8.1/gm. Lowry is a better 3pt shooter, but Lillard still has the higher FG% and FT%. Lillard is also younger than Lowry who is starting to show his age and has far worse injury history. Lillard gets to the rim more effectively boosting his FTA and they are about dead even in assists, even though Lillard is accused of being 'shoot first' and Lowry isn't.

Going by numbers up to the age of 27, or through 6 NBA seasons, there is no question Lillard has been better.

Lowry's only argument is the work he has put in in his recent prime (the last 3 or 4 seasons), which were at ages and experience levels beyond what Lillard has gotten to yet.

I took Lowry in that discussion because I do see the defense and intangibles you guys love to laud him for. But Lillard still has his prime to look forward to and it's a close discussion between Lillard's early career and Lowry's prime.

Valid points. I think McHale wasted Kyle's prime. That's a story for a different day.

Lillard is the black kevin Love. Meaningless stats. Look at Glenn Robinson's numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back