2016 - 2017 are the years where UFC belts mean nothing

For most part, t.s is right ---- mw division held up by a coward..
As far as I'm concerned, UFC 194 was last legitimate middleweight title fight( drink that in).
At lightweight and I can't believe I'm saying this but Dana has become one of Conors minions.The last time we've seen Conor was watching him get carried for 4 rounds and then clowned for another 4 + in what i would call some dressed up boxing exhibition.(I did not pay a yard to tune in and it NEVER crossed my mind).

You'd think Conor would want to, at least, come in and fight Ferguson in an actual 155 MMA title unification.

SMH

Just tell me who Eddie is defending his Violence championship against.

How'd he ruin the WW belt? He retired for four years, and even in his comeback fight didn't fight at WW......

The key word is lineal. The lineal championship is based on who beat who, not who holds the actual belt (though the two usually coincide). So, for example, when Penn was stripped of the title back in 2004, Hughes became the WW champ by defeating Trigg, but he became the lineal WW champ by defeating Penn in the fight after. Everyone who has held the WW belt in the UFC has also defeated the previous titleholder at some point in their championship reign, but no one has defeated GSP, and it's likely no one will. Because of that, the lineal title stops at him.

You're "pretending" that it was ever "anything other" than that in the first place.
i think Mike Brown summed it up best here:

“I think it used to be you would find it was 80 percent merit, and 20 percent entertainment/money to make the fights,” he told MMA Fighting at the UFC 208 Ultimate Media Day. “Now I think that it’s almost 80 percent money than the merit of who deserves the fight. I honestly didn’t see it coming so quickly.”​

so no, i'm not pretending anything, because life isn't lived in extremes.

it hasn't gone full entertainment yet, and it was never full sport. it's just that recently it's moved along that spectrum from sport-to-entertainment too fucking far, too fucking fast.

Back