2016 - 2017 are the years where UFC belts mean nothing

erg0n

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It seems it's heading in the similar direction of boxing with the alphabet belts mean shit.

LHW:
Jones Stripped twice. DC is the Interim/undisputed/interim/undisputed champion again

MW:
Bisping caught Rockhold with lucky punch,
Decides to say fuck the contenders let's go for money fights and challenge an aging/ready to retire Henderson and barely wins.
Claims he's got knee surgery, out for almost a year
Interim belt created
Bisping decides fuck the contenders again, and fights GSP for another money fight. GSP unsurprisingly wins
GSP says fuck this shit belt and vacates.
Whittaker is undisputed champion and Rockhold is like WTF?

LW:
Connor says fuck everything I'm the BOSS and gets beat up by a 40 year old in the boxing ring. Manages to steal everyone's money
Furguson is the interim champ and develops an affinity for tiramisu, but still wants some of that irish.
Connor might fight pacman instead of defending the belt
Dana White is all smiles and kisses with the media

FW:
Connor KOs Aldo to win belt
decides fuck it i'ma fight diaz at 170
decides fuck it i'ma fight diaz again at 170 cause we made so much money
decides fuck it i'ma fight at 155 cause I do what I want. Wins the LW belt
gets beat up by a 40 year old in the boxing ring. Manages to steal everyone's money in the process.
Dana White is all smiles and kisses with the media

Womans FW
Randamie wins then vacates cause she doesn't want to fight Cyborg and die

255927.jpg
255927.jpg
255927.jpg

1hozrp.jpg

true. and moving forward we will see championship fights and non-championship money fights. as we (many of us) figured when WME bought UFC, it will become more and more a "combat sport entertainment" promotion.

apparently that's what the "fans" want :(

006_Tyron_Woodley.0.0.jpg

20150725092442_IMG_3410.JPG

These two are the real deal.

Throw the winner of Miocic/Ngannou in that group as well.

Don't forget the female peoples champ Thug Rose

2016 had absolute great fucking fights tho

Add rankings and anything Dana or Rogan say to that list as well.

All those people wanting the Fertitas and Dana out..I guess they are getting the UFC we deserve not the one they want.

The grass is not always greener.

View attachment 315845

View attachment 315843

funny thing is I've always had a hard time viewing the WW belt as legit because of how GSP just vacated that. But now its one of the few that have much weight behind it. MM's belt is also a joke to me personally. so now i just watch fights with no regard to the prize at the end.

As long as the fights are fun, fuck belts.

true. and moving forward we will see championship fights and non-championship money fights. as we (many of us) figured when WME bought UFC, it will become more and more a "combat sport entertainment" promotion.

apparently that's what the "fans" want :(

You're "pretending" that it was ever "anything other" than that in the first place.

View attachment 315845

View attachment 315843

The only reason Cryron has fought contenders is because Dana forced him too. He tries his best to get money fights and duck the real contenders as well. In fact, as we speak, he's ducking RDA already.

And what makes it worse is that GSP now has ruined two lineal championship lines, rather than just one. Conor, of course, is on his way to doing the same thing.

And what makes it worse is that GSP now has ruined two lineal championship lines, rather than just one. Conor, of course, is on his way to doing the same thing.

How'd he ruin the WW belt? He retired for four years, and even in his comeback fight didn't fight at WW......

Back