2015-16 vBookie Fantasy Hockey League V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
just gotta watch out for jmac, he will talk shit about your players while trying to trade for them :D

Well it's not very PM'y if you advertise it here...

With one year of BJJ training Weidman went against Galvao, a bjj World Champ and lost by points.

And that is the extent of his credentials. That he lost a match.

Rockhold is a legit high level BJJ black belt.

That isn't to say that Weidman isn't great, just that his "credentials" do not exist other than what he has done in MMA, and frankly, in MMA, Rockhold has been just as deadly on the ground.

If yous want to veto go ahead.

I am getting what I was looking for in those 2 players, they fit right in with what players I have now on my roster....We will see how it all works in the end.

I was responding to his and got some sort of browser error as I was sending...I didn't broadcast the pm itself...gawed.

curious to hear the dong's thought on these matchups

Aldo, Weidman and Jacare for me. Although, I hope McGregor beats Aldo...it's fun to have a comic book character in the spotlight...plus, I'm Irish.

oh, it must just be me who can read them.

;)

And it's typically interesting for 5min or so when Sherdog explodes.

If yous want to veto go ahead.

I am getting what I was looking for in those 2 players, they fit right in with what players I have now on my roster....We will see how it all works in the end.

There's noting to veto. Trade was fine. Someone one. You lost.

Relax boys, it's a hockey pool. Have some fun.

i'm part irish too so i feel i should be rooting for mcgregor but i can't pick against aldo. sherdog will be funny after the fight either way. i'm just hoping for a great fight

Have some fun.

NLFgIpE.gif

i'm part irish too so i feel i should be rooting for mcgregor but i can't pick against aldo. sherdog will be funny after the fight either way. i'm just hoping for a great fight
I hope Aldo jabs McGregor 1-2 times, McGregor slips and then Aldo gets a takedown + sub win.

McGregor fans would provide us with endless excuses :D

just gotta watch out for jmac, he will talk shit about your players while trying to trade for them :D

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

If a player is struggling, I'll point it out. Don't judge me because I'm handsome

Ya, who I WANT to win and who i THINK will win are not always the same thing.

Just speaking my mind, wasn't trying to start a ruckus.

I think the best thing for the "sport" of MMA is Aldo winning. I find Dana and friends are utterly insufferable when it comes to any of their golden geese and frankly, I am sick of having these mouthpieces shoved in my face like a Watchtower pamphlet.

"Excuse me, sir, have you heard about the greatness of Conor?"

Then liven it up.

Do that exotic banana dance the wife loves so much...

I try to not watch a ton of filler. If we get the PPV, I usually record it and then just fast forward through the garbage. I try not to watch the magazine shows or spend much time on the heavies except for a laugh...or to get depressed, lol. Because of that, I don't feel the hate for Dana et al that some people feel...I just watch the fights and try to enjoy them.

Edit: I keep watching the Lawler/Macdonald fight on the PVR and hoping for a different result, but one never comes, lol...still one of the greatest fights I've ever seen.

Fuckin eh, my goalie situation is killin me.

Could have my match locked up but my goalie stats wont count for not being able to have 3 starts.

What's nice is that all these fights we're discussing do not have landslide favorites. They're top fighters, relevant fights, and the outcomes are not all but assured barring massive upsets. They're actually all competitive on paper.

Joel Ward with the hatty tonight, thats a helluva pick up off the FA list lol

I can't open that link. It's probably for the best though.

the mcgregor fans on here do get annoying when i read it but it seems like at least half them are trolling anyways. i almost never go to the heavies so i miss alot of it

only thing that annoyed me recently was rogan and his almost crying for rondo but even that wasn't much more than slightly annoying

Fuckin eh, my goalie situation is killin me.

Could have my match locked up but my goalie stats wont count for not being able to have 3 starts.

You're currently only winning 3 of a possible 9 categories, none of which are in the goalie group. Not sure how that equates to you having the match locked up otherwise lol

the original peanut butter jelly time vid...it's a dancing banana

What's nice is that all these fights we're discussing do not have landslide favorites. They're top fighters, relevant fights, and the outcomes are not all but assured barring massive upsets. They're actually all competitive on paper.

Totally agree.

You're currently only winning 3 of a possible 9 categories, none of which are in the goalie group. Not sure how that equates to you having the match locked up otherwise lol

Because id be winning 6 of 9 obviously

I think the best thing for the "sport" of MMA is Aldo winning. I find Dana and friends are utterly insufferable when it comes to any of their golden geese and frankly, I am sick of having these mouthpieces shoved in my face like a Watchtower pamphlet.

"Excuse me, sir, have you heard about the greatness of Conor?"
Ronda losing must been early Christmas for you :)

Because id be winning 6 of 9 obviously

But you're not winning the goalie categories at present. So if you have those taken away from lack of starts, nothing changes. It's not like you're currently up 6-3 but will lose 3 categories from lack of starts.

Your assuming if you had more goalie starts they would all be wins, and that the stats would be so good they'd overtake the other 2 categories you're currently losing.

That's a lot of moving parts to claim you had this week wrapped up otherwise lol.

the mcgregor fans on here do get annoying when i read it but it seems like at least half them are trolling anyways. i almost never go to the heavies so i miss alot of it

only thing that annoyed me recently was rogan and his almost crying for rondo but even that wasn't much more than slightly annoying

It seems like the McGregor fans are totally trolling for a laugh, and the Aldo fans are usually upset about everything, haha...ah well...neckbeards be neckbeards.

Niemi shutout Pens last game n I sat him out, even with Anderson canning last night id of had the 3 starts n definitely be winning the 3 goalie stats.lol

What you guys think of the 3 on 3 all star game? I don't think it's the greatest idea but the all star game kinda sucked lately anyways so maybe it'll be a nice refresher

especially weidman/rockhold. looking at their records and nothing else you think you'd be able to figure some mma math out and predict a winner but all the variables about who they fought and when and how it ended makes it damn near impossible to predict the outcome

Niemi shutout Pens last game n I sat him out, even with Anderson canning last night id of had the 3 starts n definitely be winning the 3 goalie stats.lol

Ohhhh I see. So you 'had' the goalie numbers and the results would have given you the edge but you just didn't play them.
I got ya, and understand now.

Well, thanks for making poor decisions. High five!!!

They've even managed to screw up the skills stuff, so, 3 on 3 for the game can't be any worse than it has been. If the draft is the best part of all-star weekend, you've really made shit show of it.

I've personally never enjoyed the fabricated feuds or WWF personalities. Mcagregor, Rousey, Diaz, Ortiz, etc. About the only trash talker I really liked was Abbott. He said all like nonsense only he actually meant it.

Lol yeah I underestimated how much Pens are cans...Very bad decision

I always liked the all star weekend. More so as a kid, but really - thats who it's for. As an adult, the game is not as exciting, however, the players over time have grown much more disinterested in partaking and it shows in their efforts in the game all the same, or how many come up with fake injuries to avoid, etc. I honestly think it's more on the players than anything that its dwindled. If they showed more interest in being there and having fun, it would resonate in the product. There's far too much entitlement these days, both in things like this, and all the "who I will go to who I won't sign with" deals. It's really beginning to spiral.

The skills comp has always been my favourite, but as Mike said, they managed to bugger that up as well over the years. Remember when they had the goalies have to stop a dump in behind the net and shoot it into the goal all the way down? Terrible. Or having the goalies do the fastest skater thing? Brutal. The most recent one I don't care for is that one where there's 20 guys on the ice doing 1 timers on the goal line, passing into the miniature nets, etc. I don't like that at all. I like the all the traditional events and found nothing wrong with any of them.

As for the 3 on 3, it is what it is I guess. The players hate it, so while it might seem ok for 1 season, it would quickly diminish as once again the players don't want to be there and it will reflect.

If they don't want to embarrass players by actually 'drafting' them as they say, just have the captains of each team pull the names out of ballot boxes. Have one for forwards, one for d, one for goalies, and they can just draw names all night and still make an event out of it all the same, but without embarrassing their stars because it's entirely by happenstance who goes when.

Ronda losing must been early Christmas for you :)

I normally don't take pleasure in seeing someone get a brutal beatdown like that, odd as it is for someone who enjoys rough sports, but I won't lie, when Ronda got pummeled I stood up out of my recliner and toasted my friends so hard there was beer on the ceiling. I'm not proud. :)

How many goalie starts are you down? If it's 1, maybe see if there's a goalie you can pick up that is playing today. We are currently tied 1-1 for wins, and I'm up on the other 2 categories. Maybe that goalie gets a win and you overtake the 'w' category. Or maybe you overtake some other stats if he does well.

Check guys like Joni Ortio. Flames play back to back today/tmrw. Maybe he plays today and can get you some categories.

Trade:
Kopitar to Jmac
Toffoli to Lawson

I've personally never enjoyed the fabricated feuds or WWF personalities. Mcagregor, Rousey, Diaz, Ortiz, etc. About the only trash talker I really liked was Abbott. He said all like nonsense only he actually meant it.

Me either.

Which is odd given my history with pro-wrestling.

But frankly, my experience with pro-wrestling has allowed me to spot a work a mile away.

In legit sports I have always preferred the guys that "keep it real" as the kids would say.

looking to swap a winger for dman

The All-Star game is boring as hell because nobody wants to be there.

I normally don't take pleasure in seeing someone get a brutal beatdown like that, odd as it is for someone who enjoys rough sports, but I won't lie, when Ronda got pummeled I stood up out of my recliner and toasted my friends so hard there was beer on the ceiling. I'm not proud. :)
When you run your mouth as much as Ronda, it was coming.
TUF, Floyd/Cain/beating up men comments and other things i forgot, its no wonder people reacted the way they did. Did you check heavies after the loss?

How many goalie starts are you down? If it's 1, maybe see if there's a goalie you can pick up that is playing today. We are currently tied 1-1 for wins, and I'm up on the other 2 categories. Maybe that goalie gets a win and you overtake the 'w' category. Or maybe you overtake some other stats if he does well.

Check guys like Joni Ortio. Flames play back to back today/tmrw. Maybe he plays today and can get you some categories.

I made too many moves early on in our match up lol

I think im only going to win hits this week, maybe +/- :(

that malkin gif. so much dangle

When you run your mouth as much as Ronda, it was coming.
TUF, Floyd/Cain/beating up men comments and other things i forgot, its no wonder people reacted the way they did. Did you check heavies after the loss?

I perused the next day for an hour or so. Some of the meltdowns were hilarious, and some of the memes were brutal. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back