2 things to make UFC get back on the right track.

Less ppv:s. By all means have as many "fight nights" as you want but hold only 4-6 ppv:s a year and stack them from top to bottom.

Ditch the rankings or make the champions fight top guys in their division.

Fuck off with WMMA. Have cards with only that, and let me know how those sell...

it would be hilarious if they folded women's mma in the UFC but I think they will continue on

Let all non-stop 15 fighters to go to WSOF or a child promotion.

Hire some boxing marketing people and promoters to make people interested in fighters who cannot promote themselves.

Move WMMA to Invicta and get rid of the 125 lb male division.

Get rid of USADA.

ufc employee
giphy.gif
:eek::eek: Nasty fook!

Soccer kicks...

roger-huerta-soccer-kick.gif

Knees to the head of a downed opponent...

2cmn8cn.jpg

1. Ditch WMMA

2. Ditch everything under 155

3. More Anthony Pettis

gYmKI2A.png

Throw in a submission wrestling match every now and again? Less events. Co-promotion.
Reverse psychology. You're smart. Instead of picking ways to make it thrive, you chose ways to destroy it. Clever.

People hate submission wrestling. It sucks balls.

Surefire ways to reinvigorate the UFC
  1. Put "Looking For a Fight" on network TV
  2. Help more fighters get on mainstream TV (supporting casts on sitcoms, game shows,cameos on kids-focused TV shows)
  3. Less events

1. Ditch WMMA

2. Ditch everything under 155

3. More Anthony Pettis

gYmKI2A.png
Would have been easier to say "I'm interested in starting a MMA league that appeals specifically to homosexual men"

Start paying the fighters decent at entry level and obnoxious money in the top 5 to draw more "A" level talent. Right now who wants to try and kill brain cells for 16k show and 16k to win?

Mix in the rules from Pride, that 10 minute first round sure does separate the men from the boys and I think we'd have a lot more finishes with these guys getting tired as fuck in that first round. Also knees to a downed opponent, soccer kicks. No saving yourself with a 2 point stance, that's gay as fuck. Give the fighters more options to actually be able to finish a fight. Shogun in Pride was violent as fuck, we need that back again

Get rid of USADA. Most fans don't give a fuck about it, we are hardcores but the majority of people that pay for events are casuals and they don't hit sherdog up during/after fights to say I hate Jones he's a cheater and I'm a loser..Most fans pay to be entertained and nothing more.

Reverse psychology. You're smart. Instead of picking ways to make it thrive, you chose ways to destroy it. Clever.

People hate submission wrestling. It sucks balls.

Surefire ways to reinvigorate the UFC
  1. Put "Looking For a Fight" on network TV
  2. Help more fighters get on mainstream TV (supporting casts on sitcoms, game shows,cameos on kids-focused TV shows)
  3. Less events
These "people" you speak of who hate submission grappling would probably benefit from watching a match or two. It's not reverse psychology. I never said a card full of submission wrestling, I said every now and then. Make it EBI style and use fighters familiar to the fans. Your suggestions sound like a bunch of fluff. "Looking for a fight" is just the UFC's sweat shop to find fighters to fight CHEAP. To be fair I've never seen a single episode. Getting fighters on sitcoms?? Seriously? That just further plays into the stupid popularity contest based rankings and it's not gonna reinvigorate jack. No thanks. Co-promotion, although I know they won't do it, would revitalize things. UFC vs bellator, or PFL. You had it right on less events.

Not much to do, the UFC is at low now just like it was in 2013 when everyone was claiming the UFC died and they “missed the 2006-2009 golden era”. Conor and Ronda soon came on the scene and everyone shut up.

If you are asking for short terms things that can really help;

.GSP wins in dominant fashion
.Jones gets cleared
.Garbrandt knocks TJ out and calls out DJ at 125
.McGregor fights Ferguson and flatlines him.

Institute a performance based ranking system with mandatory matches between title holders and top contenders, with only the occasional wildcard fights used as replacements due to injury, failed PED tests, etc.

Less PPVs. I'm fine with a couple free cards a week, it gives more people a chance. Just save the big fights for cards every few months. They shouldn't have a PPV with less than three compelling fights on it and it feels like that happens pretty much every time now.

1. Have the champions defend against top ranked contenders.
2. See #1

1 Less events with layed out path to the title(only top 5 rank can challenge)
2 Yellow cards for stalling and constant running
3 new octagon with out caged walls just a steep incline
4 Cut back drug testing, way to many band substances

Every ppv have an audience member fight mystery pro... if watch. Bully Beatdown 2.0

AC577945-348D-4149-8CD5-4505CE9F0778.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back