2 Simple Questions..

If its a sanctioned professional match, sure. The greats took BS fights like this for easy pay all the time.

Las Vegas would sanction Floyd vs Secretariat if it was projected to bring in half a billion like this fight.

Last edited:
Las Vegas would sanction Floyd vs Secretariat if it was projected to bring in half a billion or whatever they think this may do.

Secretariat via Floyd slipping on a pile of crap.

Making the definition absurd and meaningless.
plenty of fighters take fights with debutants. Kovalev's first fight against a debutant. Pongsaklek fought three debutants in a row after his draw with Naito. Chavez fought 10 debutants early in his career. Nobody says "well their records are actually (whatever original record is minus debutants). Floyd actually fought two debutants in his career and I never heard you challenge 49-0 so far.

Saying that this wouldn't count for Floyd then not criticizing others who fight Debutants (not even getting into fighters who face opponents with badly losing records) is pretty openly hypocritical. Nobody would be impressed by Floyds' win over McGregor, but he'd be 50-0, no question.

Basically, no matter how you spin it, Floyd would be 50-0. Wouldn't be that much more impressive than 49-0, but nothing you do will take that away from him unless you're willing to reduce the numbers of a LOT of fighters. Now stop being a whiny bitch, you're not even arguing anything.

plenty of fighters take fights with debutants. Kovalev's first fight against a debutant. Pongsaklek fought three debutants in a row after his draw with Naito. Chavez fought 10 debutants early in his career. Nobody says "well their records are actually (whatever original record is minus debutants). Floyd actually fought two debutants in his career and I never heard you challenge 49-0 so far.

Saying that this wouldn't count for Floyd then not criticizing others who fight Debutants (not even getting into fighters who face opponents with badly losing records) is pretty openly hypocritical. Nobody would be impressed by Floyds' win over McGregor, but he'd be 50-0, no question.

Basically, no matter how you spin it, Floyd would be 50-0. Wouldn't be that much more impressive than 49-0, but nothing you do will take that away from him unless you're willing to reduce the numbers of a LOT of fighters. Now stop being a whiny bitch, you're not even arguing anything.

It's odd you'd spend 3 paragraphs on a Friday evening retorting nothing and whining about others whining. Nevertheless, I am arguing something: The fact that the fight is sanctioned doesn't say anything about whether or not it should be or the legitimacy of the opponent.

This is a shit fight vs. a non boxer and should not count.

It's odd you'd spend 3 paragraphs on a Friday evening retorting nothing and whining about others whining. Nevertheless, I am arguing something: The fact that the fight is sanctioned doesn't say anything about whether or not it should be or the legitimacy of the opponent.

This is a shit fight vs. a non boxer and should not count.

You don't get to pick who is or is not worthy of a boxing license. Connor has been a fighter forever. He would get licensed and sanctioned to fight anyone he wanted to fight. He would get licensed even if he was a nobody and hadn't fought in the ufc at all. Floyd fought other guys making their pro debut before. This is no different.

Of course I'd consider him 50-0 because he would be 50-0, I just don't think the distinction of being 50-0, in and of itself, is meaningful. McGregor adds nothing to his resume or legacy (but he will add a lot to his bank account).
A philosophical question for hardcore fans not a maths problemo_O

I'd count it as much of a win as his first pro fight. If he lose but walks away with multi millions it will still be worth it. He loses he will attribute it to retirement and ring rust

Back