2 Simple Questions..

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Will you consider Floyd 50-0?
And..
If somehow Floyd loses - will it have been worth it for 200 mil?

It counts as a win just not a good one. Records are about quality and this adds nothing.

I guess it counts. If it happened at the very beginning of his career it wouldn't even be a question. So sure.

And yeah, $200m is a ton of money. Plus he won't lose, so there's that too.

And..

It's not really up to anyone besides whatever commission approves the fight. If it's sanctioned he'll be 50 and 0 no matter what anyone here thinks. Connor is a much better fighter than a few of Floyd's recent opponents he just isn't any kind of boxer but it doesn't matter.

How many current big names started their career fighting guy with single digit wins and high double digit loses? Lots of them did and their records still stand. A win is a win no matter how much of a joke the actual fight is.

And..
Of course he'll be 50-0. 49 + 1 = 50 doesn't it?

And..

I will consider him 50-0 if McGregor looks like a legitimate opponent in the ring, otherwise no.

I doubt it. It is a lot of money, but he is proud to be unbeaten.

So if he beat you, someone who I presume is not a professional boxer, you'd add a w to his record?
If its a sanctioned professional match, sure. The greats took BS fights like this for easy pay all the time.

So if he beat you, someone who I presume is not a professional boxer, you'd add a w to his record?
yeah, it's not different than when Floyd fought Robert Apodaca or Edgar Ayala. Nobody's impressed by a McGregor win, but it's just a cash-grab cherry on top of Floyds mountain of a resume.

Yes. If it is a sanctioned fight. Plus, if Boxrec says 50-0, then so will I.

No. I thought Floyd was all about legacy. A loss would tarnish it.

Give me a hockey mask and I'll fight Floyd for 0.1% of what either of them is getting.

I guess it counts. If it happened at the very beginning of his career it wouldn't even be a question. So sure.

And yeah, $200m is a ton of money. Plus he won't lose, so there's that too.

Again, a Gofundme page would have been more honest about the whole thing

Yes because if he lost, it would destroy Floyd's legacy and record.

It would also probably destroy boxing. At least, MMA / Boxer matches would start happening constantly. McGregor will continue to fight.

Which is horrible to think about.

Yes. If it is a sanctioned fight. Plus, if Boxrec says 50-0, then so will I.

No. I thought Floyd was all about legacy. A loss would tarnish it.

He's always put cash first when I've listened to him and the bigger picture could be perceived as securing a fortune for many generations of Mayweathers. Worth the risk? Maybe, even if the unthinkable happens.

If its a sanctioned professional match, sure. The greats took BS fights like this for easy pay all the time.

Yeah Conor's a terrible fighter in terms of a boxing opponent, but people forget SRR. JCC, and many other greats fought literal cab drivers who weren't shit either.

Let's make a sherdogger super famous and challenge Floyd . We will split the profit

Of course I'd consider him 50-0 because he would be 50-0, I just don't think the distinction of being 50-0, in and of itself, is meaningful. McGregor adds nothing to his resume or legacy (but he will add a lot to his bank account).

Back