1st time wearing a Gi - it's amazing!

I'm currently in no gi camp because I have tennis elbow and it hurts like a bitch to get grips in the gi.

My BJJ club I've been at for a year now goes gi for half the year and nogi the other half (spring/summer) months.

As a long time Judoka I have to say the 6months of no gi has improved my armbar game with the gi 10x

I went from a gym where we trained gi 4 times a week and nogi 2 times a week to a gym with zero no gi

I realize now I honestly hate the gi. When i can get away without using the gi i do

Prefer nogi, just cause of the grips and gimmicky chokes with the gi. With that said, I have fun doing both. Haven't been to a gi class in a long time.

I train both, the only thing I prefer for nogi over gi is that it's easier on the fingers. Not really a fun of the Miyao hand look.

Spring and summer: GI Tuesday and nogi Thursday.

Autumn and winter: GI Tuesday and thursday.

I like both.

But yeah, GI is still the majority.

The attraction is how to make the BJJ techniques work in both.

Prefer nogi, just cause of the grips and gimmicky chokes with the gi. With that said, I have fun doing both. Haven't been to a gi class in a long time.

81a2cb578e505b20a7fe145ff4a0cd0e528a9ce145e112649e6ef10a132568fa.jpg

It's not just the chokes that bother me. It's people clutching at the collar in guard. it's silly.

I've been primarily a no gi guy, training for four years or so. I've just started doing some gi classes this year, and while I like it, I do still prefer the no gi game.

I like the faster pace and prefer the slightly simpler style of no gi, in the sense that a lot of the more complex guards etc just don't work in no gi because if the lack of grips. I find stale mates occur much more frequently with the gi, whereas no gi is generally more flowy. I'm also always left with sore fingers from the gi.

I'll continue to do both, but no gi will probably always be my preference.

Gis are wiggity-wack! My previous class was No Gi Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...needless to say, I rarely showed up on Gi days.

Ain't no one wearing gis out on the street!

Gis are wiggity-wack! My previous class was No Gi Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...needless to say, I rarely showed up on Gi days.

Ain't no one wearing gis out on the street!

Everyone I see walking around on the street is wearing a rashguard and board shorts.

It's not just the chokes that bother me. It's people clutching at the collar in guard. it's silly.

Yeah, I absolutely hate it! I hate opponents grabbing onto me all the time. And ironically enough that's why I like training in the gi, cause I don't want to be able just to fight one dimensional but multi dimensional.

I think gi is more fun. All the new sweeps and passes that open up because of knee and sleeve grips are great. Passing guard is bullshit though. Dudes just grab your collar, and then you spend the rest of the round just waiting each other out.

gi is super uncomfortable and you can't even see my bulge.
hate it.

I've never felt comfortable in a gi, to be honest down in Florida it gets hot as hell, I call my gis my sauna suits. The game is slower and more methodical, which I don't mind but constantly having the re-adjust yourself and the fact the only time it feels somewhat comfortable is in the "winter" makes me prefer no-gi 90% of the time.

I do both but I like no-gi better because I get to use more submissions such as heel hook and neck crank. A lot of people will freak out if you're doing IBJJF illegal moves on them in the gi.

That has nothing to do with gi or no gi, it has to do with rules of the gym... There is no fucking way in rolling with a whitebelt with hh allow

Yeah, I absolutely hate it! I hate opponents grabbing onto me all the time. And ironically enough that's why I like training in the gi, cause I don't want to be able just to fight one dimensional but multi dimensional.

If I was on my back getting punched, I hope to god I don't fuck up and start clutching at collars, trying to be cute, showing there are two ways to do something.

I think gi is more fun. All the new sweeps and passes that open up because of knee and sleeve grips are great. Passing guard is bullshit though. Dudes just grab your collar, and then you spend the rest of the round just waiting each other out.

Have you considered....breaking that grip?

i started out no gi for the first 6 months, and then put on a gi. i now train both an even amount. both have their positives and negatives. I tend to like the gi more because I just fucking love gi/lapel chokes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back