17 year old girl benches 380 clean!

With training you can hardly lift 300 olympic power lifters have hard time and those train for year. I was working at this place that had bench on rails and i would for months do 200 or something like that for 15 reps and try to move to 225 no way. Takes years of training to do 300 .they did research on bemch press and 225 was number and only 1 % of gym goers could do it like i said i could not care what she can or can not do but i believe it is peds .

Smith Machine? They are generally regarded as being much easier to Bench with than an Olympic Barbell. For one thing, the bar on an SM often weighs much less than 45lbs. For another, the fact the bar is fixed to the rails means one doesn't have balance it, as one does a free weight bar.

This is probably why you weren't able to Bench 225, as the SM is not as efficient at developing strength as barbells. According to several Bench Press Calculators I plugged your numbers into, your 1 Rep Max should have averaged well over that. Although the higher the reps used, the less accurate these calculators tend to be.

Last edited:
That form is ridiculous. Still impressive, but that arch is absurd. Some arch is needed, but this is borderline contortionist shit. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a twig and berries found as well....if not, she should head to the WWE.

That form is ridiculous. Still impressive, but that arch is absurd. Some arch is needed, but this is borderline contortionist shit. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a twig and berries found as well....if not, she should head to the WWE.

And it's not even the worst I've seen. There's a video of a much lighter girl benching well over 200lbs. Her arch is so extreme, the ROM is around 3 inches. If that. :rolleyes:

They had to take OHP out of Olympic Lifting because they were bending back so far, it was practically a Standing Incline Bench.
Yep they hyperextended their backs worse than a strongman doing a log press.

Things why emphasized “strict” to have a measure of enforcement. A little extension will exist but what you’re brining up was as extreme as the bench arch.

I would always bring my OHP up with the trap bar (keep it 10-20lbs above standard) and it would help me keep form and use minimal hyper extension with the barbell.

Some bench arches make it the benching version of the rack pull (board press) minimal rom.

They need better regulation on back arching.

Highschool Powerlifting in Texas is weird. I help train a state competitor who placed last year as a freshman and they REQUIRE the girls to use slingshots.

It makes no sense.
I think arching your back. is OK as long as your rear remains touching the bench right? It's when it comes off the bench which then allows you to use your legs that it's cheating.

Yep they hyperextended their backs worse than a strongman doing a log press.

Things why emphasized “strict” to have a measure of enforcement. A little extension will exist but what you’re brining up was as extreme as the bench arch.

I would always bring my OHP up with the trap bar (keep it 10-20lbs above standard) and it would help me keep form and use minimal hyper extension with the barbell.

Some bench arches make it the benching version of the rack pull (board press) minimal rom.

Board Press has been my main pressing exercise after surgery on my left shoulder last year. I use the lowest slot on a Bench Blokz, which equates to a 2 Board Press or about 3 inches above the chest.

I've seen people arch so much their Bench actually has a much shorter ROM than I do with Board Press.

I think arching your back. is OK as long as your rear remains touching the bench right? It's when it comes off the bench which then allows you to use your legs that it's cheating.
Yeah but like the curve on these girls is insane. There needs to be more than just “some part” of the glute touching the bench. We need mid-glute to address this.

It's very impressive for a girl her age to achieve a 1X bodyweight bench press

Bunch of haters in this thread. Even with an arch she’s still putting up 380. When I was 17 I couldn’t even unrack that kind of weight. I’m willing to bet she’s stronger than half the dudes posting. I bet with strict form she can easily put up 315.

They really need to change the rules and enforce the back to be flat on the bench. These arched back benches are worse than sumo deadlifts.

This girl is strong. Complaining about the arch doesn't really apply to her. She has a 360 something bench with her back flat on the bench in competition. She is just doing everything she can to claim a world record. That arch is just giving her 10-20 lbs more. Her form is a little different now. She got even bigger so she doesn't have the same type of flexibility. The video is old too. She is about 19 or 20 now.

Peds sane thing goes for man anybody benching more then 300 is on pedz hey you got to do what you got to do
You can probably do it without PEDs. Most people can hit 225-315 touch/go within 5 years of training SBD or powerbuilding. Granted if they keep eating and stay injury free. I think most people just bench too often and injure themselves.

It really depends on your body type too. Some people are built for deadlifts and some are built to bench. If you are lanky and skinny then a 315 bench is hard but that person should still be able to hit 225.

Reactions: 666
You can probably do it without PEDs. Most people can hit 225-315 touch/go within 5 years of training SBD or powerbuilding. Granted if they keep eating and stay injury free. I think most people just bench too often and injure themselves.

It really depends on your body type too. Some people are built for deadlifts and some are built to bench. If you are lanky and skinny then a 315 bench is hard but that person should still be able to hit 225.
And she is 17 yo 5 years of training would make her 12

People bitching about her arch (which isn't even extreme by any means) don't know jack shit about benching. Even back in the days at my strongest I could go flat back with my feet on the bench, minimal shoulder retraction, bring my grip in a hands length closer and still bench more than 90% of my 1RM.

Board Press has been my main pressing exercise after surgery on my left shoulder last year. I use the lowest slot on a Bench Blokz, which equates to a 2 Board Press or about 3 inches above the chest.

I've seen people arch so much their Bench actually has a much shorter ROM than I do with Board Press.
I never had any issues shoulder wise overhead pressing at all. I’ve prioritized it over the last 8-10 years and can OHP my BW for 5-6 reps with perfect strict form (I can do a little more with a log press trainer or trap bar.

I’ve been really good with mobility work with my shoulders but I have had some issues benching with shoulder pain at the bottom mainly my right shoulder (which has seen plenty of use in sports). Doing pause reps and developing a consistent stopping point really help and assistance / accessory movements with neutral grip bars / floor presses.

I throw inclines in the mix as secondary work every few training blocks or weighted dips and I seem to be okay there. I do however pull more than I push and have for about a decade and a half. I’ll do my antagonistic movements (sometimes super sets) with my pushes.

I have a solid home gym which allows me to do these things without disruptions or sharing with anyone. So I can have my bench setup and pendlay rows or OHP and weighted pull-ups and seamlessly move between them.

I never done board presses it’s an accessory I always considered getting along with knee sleeves for squatting (which I really should have had by now).

Not sure why we are being called idiots for suggesting back arch and other variables (such as grip width and chest placement) can’t impact numbers…. coming out of the bottom of a bench (and squat) makes the lift more difficult. If you decrease the rom it definitely brings up numbers. These techniques are specifically trained to get every bit of extra weight out of the lift.

Last edited:
She weighs 300lbs now? Is that right? If so, it shouldn't surprise anyone that she's putting up numbers like that. Anyone that damn thick, male or female should be strong as shit if they're lifting(and they're going to be naturally stronger than most without lifting just from having to carry around that weight).

With training you can hardly lift 300 olympic power lifters have hard time and those train for year. I was working at this place that had bench on rails and i would for months do 200 or something like that for 15 reps and try to move to 225 no way. Takes years of training to do 300 .they did research on bemch press and 225 was number and only 1 % of gym goers could do it like i said i could not care what she can or can not do but i believe it is peds .

Why would you do reps of 15 to build strength? A coach could have had you training lower rep ranges.you could have pretty easily hit 225. Also maybe you don't have elite genetics.

Most gym goers are not the strongest people. Many go to the gym because they're weak. Most never bench or touch free weights. That stat means little in this context.

Your trolling has been fun and allowed us to lay facts down for anyone reading TT but I reckon there's little more to gain. Unless you can increase the resistance?

Last edited:
Back