160 - 165 pound division would be welcome.

Yay or Nay ?

• Total voters
-265 lbs | Heavyweight
-220 lbs | Light Heavyweight + Middleweight
-190 lbs | Welterweight
-175 lbs | Lightweight
-160 lbs | Featherweight
-150 lbs | Men/Women's Bantamweight
-140 lbs | Men/Women's Flyweight
-130 lbs | Women's Strawweight

Eliminate weight cutting via hydration tests and you're left with 10 weight classes total. The smaller Light Heavyweights and bigger Middleweights have similar enough frames for you to combine the weight classes, while the larger Light Heavyweights can move up to Heavyweight. Eliminate Women's Featherweight and give Cyborg her walking papers.

10lb increments don't make sense based on percentages. The jump from 125 to 135 is an 8% jump, whereas the jump from 195 to 205 is only a 5.1% jump. It's easy for a big man to cut a little more weight; much harder for a smaller man. You'd be better off going up by 10lbs, then 11lbs, then 13lbs, then 15lbs, etc... something like

Also, having a 235lb weight class is moronic. How many legitimate fighters are there in the world that are truly better weighing 275lbs than 255lbs? Anyone 255lbs or under would just cut to make 235, or they'd fight in both divisions, which would negate the point of having two divisions.

If anything, I think the relative weight gaps should expand in both directions from the LW and WW divisions. That's where most males reside. The talent pool thins whether you go up or down from there.

I want to give those guys more opportunity to find an ideal division without excessive weight cutting.

Divisions should go in 10 lb increments up until Light Heavyweight.

Because LHW and HW are so stacked they can support adding another division right?

No. Awful idea. If anything they should be getting rid of one of those divisions.

Compared to all the new weight classes we never asked for, I'd say 165 and 195 would be the most welcome.

Christ no. What the hell is the matter with you kids?

Fewer weight classes are needed. Supposed to be a fight, it isn't a boxing match.

Do you really want the 220lbs, 160lbs, and 115lbs "champions" headlining PPV's? Things are way too watered down as it is.

I'd be cool with getting rid of WW and making a 165 and 175 division, we have enough talent at WW and LW to make these divisions work.

165 for smaller WW's/bigger LW's, 175 for bigger WW's.

155 - 165 - 175
Rest is fine how it is

No more new weight classes, ever. Thanks. Let's not continue to dilute the already small talent pool of elite fighters in MMA.

WW & LW have 200+ fightrs on the roster combined. Making a 3rd division amongst them would still leave 65-70 per division 155/165/175

It's not that you couldn't make a division. It's that the best divisions become diluted.

The only division the division they need to add is cruiser weight 220lbs. Then Heavyweight would be 220lbs+ no weight limit

135, 145, 155, 165,175, 185, 195, 205, and over 215.

That's my vote for divisions.

Add 165 (Super Lightweight) and bump Welterweight up to 175.

A 195 (Super Middleweight) division would also be welcome.
i also would like these

there is a reason there is a log jam at 155 and there are enough damn fighters to fill the divisions

There aren’t enough top fighters for more weight classes. All you’ll do is thin out Lightweight, Welterweight, Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

FW-WW is stacked. Plenty of top fighters to create a new weight class

130 140 155 170 190 215 HW

10lb increments only make sense at the lightest weight classes, how can 195er be too big for a 185er, or 205er to big for a 195er when heavy weights are often fighting dudes +30lbs bigger than them?

Look at the olden days of boxing....anything over 175lbs was considered a heavyweight till the early 80s.

FW-WW is stacked. Plenty of top fighters to create a new weight class

But why dilute it? There's plenty of fighters but it isn't 'top heavy' like LHW and MW. They're shark tanks, exactly how the divisions should be.

There aren’t enough top fighters for more weight classes. All you’ll do is thin out Lightweight, Welterweight, Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

Lightweight and Welterweight have around 100 guys in each division, they can do it just fine.

Add a 165lb division and bump up all divisions above by 5 lbs; make heavyweight 275. You can’t tell me MW, LHW or HW would lose top contenders.

It would add a competitive division and give zest to some fighters caught in the biggest body weight % differential (LW to WW), as well as provide a needed break to some fighters, particularly in the MW division.

Back