1080p 60fps or 4k 30fps?

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For marketing purpose, Sony and Microsoft has went the 4K route without first making 60fps the standard. How much of a deal is that to you? Which do you prefer?

I've haven't seen 4K yet so I have no opinion.

fps over resolution any day, if you want both get a PC. Consoles should't worry about resolution and focus on fps IMO.

Fps is what you need for gameplay.

All depends on the game. Action games a constant 60 FPS is going to be more important then visuals. Other types of games, like the Vanishing of Ethan Carter rely much more on visual then frame rate.

In the end console manufactures need to focus on stable frame rates 30 or 60. It is far more jarring to have a sudden loss of frame rate then to play at a stable lower one. Second, give the individual player options of having better visuals or higher FPS.

Anything with direct input like a shooter or a brawler, take the FPS.

You shouldn't have to make that choice though, 60fps should have been the standard for this console generation.

Never really cared about FPS to much. I guess I'm just so used to shitty PC's and low FPS from when I had to rely on my dad to upgrade my PC. It's hard for me to notice a difference. For shits and giggles one day I set my PC so I could track the FPS in game while playing (such a pain to setup should be way easier to do this now and days). I was shocked at how low the FPS had to get before I noticed a difference.

Get a PC if you want better hardware. These incremental improvements consoles keep making are just dangling the carrot and people keep buying it.

Get a PC if you want better hardware. These incremental improvements consoles keep making are just dangling the carrot and people keep buying it.

This isn't what this thread is about. Fuck off with your master race bullshit and LOL at spending a few g's just to play games.

FPS. Once you play at 60 or above all the time, it is insanely hard to go back to 30. It seems so abrupt when the camera moves.

FPS over Resolution any day of the week for me. High resolutions don't help when the actual in-game experience turns into a slideshow.

This isn't what this thread is about. Fuck off with your master race bullshit and LOL at spending a few g's just to play games.

Please stop with this. @Cygnus A does have a point. If someone is really worried about performance a console is not the place to find it. Those as are simply the facts. Consoles are about convenience and there are some costs for that. You are smart enough to understand that it does not take even $1000 to put together a good gaming PC. If also is not that hard to do. What it does require is more effort then going out and buying a console. At the end of the day if you don't want to bother with the extra effort and just get a console to enjoy that is fine. Just don't make if seem as if the alternative is something that most people can obtain.

Your ignorance made me shed a tear. You can build an Xbox or PS4 equivalent PC for a few hundred dollars.

Please stop with this. @Cygnus A does have a point. If someone is really worried about performance a console is not the place to find it. Those as are simply the facts. Consoles are about convenience and there are some costs for that. You are smart enough to understand that it does not take even $1000 to put together a good gaming PC. If also is not that hard to do. What it does require is more effort then going out and buying a console. At the end of the day if you don't want to bother with the extra effort and just get a console to enjoy that is fine. Just don't make if seem as if the alternative is something that most people can obtain.

Please stop with what? Telling people to stop beating a dead horse knowing that console gamers will always be around?

No, it's you who should stop and go post in the PC threads instead.

Your ignorance made me shed a tear. You can build an Xbox or PS4 equivalent PC for a few hundred dollars.

Lol at being able to build a PC that can do what the Scorpio can do for a few hundred dollars.. The irony of you bringing up ignorance.

Lol at being able to build a PC that can do what the Scorpio can do for a few hundred dollars.. The irony of you bringing up ignorance.
Lol at Sony and MS needing to upgrade their systems every few years and asking for full price each time. A decent PC is able to play all of those games at higher detail, and if you want to upgrade it's usually a RAM or GPU issue, which (usually) won't cost you another $500.

I admit the new Scorpio sounds beefed up, but how long before THAT is obsolete? At the end of the day, the gap between the PC and console is shortening, and eventually they'll just be PCs you can't upgrade yourself.

FPS > resolution. All day, every day.
Why not both though? #MasterRace

FPS is the most important depending on the game. Resolution is awesome but not absolutely necessary. It's a luxury to me.

I used to think 1080p was the bare minimum for me but after playing Zelda at 900p with my 4k tv I really don't care so much with resolution as long as the game is fun.

I'll do anything I can to hit 60fps minimum, be it run shit at sub-720p or buying a geforce 1080 ti.
Cinematic framerates for action games can go fuck themselves to death.

Please stop with what? Telling people to stop beating a dead horse knowing that console gamers will always be around?

No, it's you who should stop and go post in the PC threads instead.

No, stop making claims that are not true. Such as how much it cost to build a gaming PC.

No, stop making claims that are not true. Such as how much it cost to build a gaming PC.

Ya you're not getting a PC that can play 4K 60fps for a few hundred dollars like claimed here... Stop making shit up.

Back