10 of the Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken

HappyHaHa**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Pretty interesting stuff. Ghosts, the surface of Mars, UFO's, time travelers, pyramids on the moon, the JFK assassination, etc. Several of these I didn't know about:

[YT]E7Cd5FWMusE[/YT]

10. The Martian Spherules

NASA-Mars-Blueberries_NASAJPL-620x605.jpg

In 2004, the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity had already detected curious blueberry-shaped microscopic formations in the martian soil...but a much stranger picture was taken by Opportunity at the end of 2012, depicting bigger spherules in larger numbers.

Suggested to be made of hematite - a possible sign of the past presence of water...scientists are still uncertain of what these things might be.

9. The Hook Island Sea Monster

i-71e8f4672dd68cf13193046f7c5ce823-Le%20Serrec%20monster%20tadpole.jpg

This is a well-known picture that many people nowadays assume to be a computer job. But not many know that this large unknown marine animal is in fact from a classic photograph taken by Robert Le Serrec in 1965 and widely discussed among zoologists.

8. Black Knight Satellite

e4759a49.jpg

This photo is one of several observations made by some of the first man-made satellites in 1960, reporting unidentified objects in polar orbit, something that neither the US nor Russia were capable of at the time.

Since then, the "Black Knight" was said to disappear and reappear at regular intervals. Several pics of this strange object have been taken, but it has yet to be identified as a known piece of man-made debris.

7. The Babushka Lady

muchmore.jpg

22nd Nov 1963. JFK, the 35th president of the US, is assassinated by a gunman in Dallas, TX. During the analysis of the film footage, a mysterious woman appeared. She was wearing a brown overcoat and a scarf on her head - the source of her nickname.

She can be seen in many shots holding a camera and carefully filming the scene. The FBI searched for this woman for a long time but could never discover her identity.

6. Charlie Chaplin movie time traveler using cell phone

ABC_ann_itn_timetravel_101028_wg.jpg

In the dvd extras of Chaplin's "The Circus," people were given access to a short film and photos of the movie's premiere in 1928...in which appears a person seemingly talking on a cell phone.

Filmmaker George Clarke recently claimed this was proof of time travelers, and the story captivated the internet.

Some raised the prospect that this person was actually using an ear trumpet...but this doesn't explain why the woman appears to be laughing and talking into the device.

Please feel free to add to the list

Continued in post #4...

Last edited:
How can you make this thread without including pictures? You fucked up kid, now fix it.

Continued from OP:

5. The Hessdalen Lights

hessdalen_big_2007.jpg

In 2007, a group of teachers, students and scientists established a science camp in Norway to study the phenomenon known as the Hessdalen Lights.

On a clear night, Bjorn G. Hauge managed to take this pic using an exposure time of 30 seconds.

The analysis of the spectrum reveals the object to be made of silicium, iron, titan and scandium. Despite being the most informative, this pic isn't the only one that has been taken of the phenomenon.

But the lights still have scientists scratching their heads over what exactly is happening in the Hessdalen Valley.

4. Unknown Rebel

images

June 5, 1989. One day after the Chinese government's violent crackdown on the Tiananmen protests in Beijing, pics are taken of Chang'an Avenue where a column of tanks is blocked by a man protesting alone in the front of the armored vehicles.

Who was the Tank Man and what happened to him remains a mystery, but the photograph immediately became very famous, and the mystery man became a powerful symbol of non-violent resistance throughout the world.

3. Solway Firth Spaceman

SolwayfirthSpaceman.jpg

In 1964, Jim Templeton was on a day trip to Burgh Marsh with his daughter and wife. Alone in the marsh, he decided to take some pics of his daughter. When the pics were developed, he noticed one with a mysterious figure appearing in the background.

He complained to the film manufacturer Kodak, but analysis confirmed that nothing unusual was done to the film. There is no explanation to this picture so far.

2. Goddard's Squadron ghost

Image2-1.png

This is from a group portrait of Goddard's Squadron, which had served in WWI at the HMS Daedalus training facility. At the top of the pic...an intriguing detail. A face appearing behind one of the officers, recognized by ex-members of the squadron to be an air mechanic named Freddy Jackson, who was accidentally killed 2 days earlier by an airplane propeller.

His funeral had actually taken place on the day the photograph was snapped.

1. Geophone Rock Anomaly (pyramid on moon)

AS17-135-20680.jpg

This photo was taken by Apollo 17 near the Geophone Rock, during the last flight to the moon, and it was listed as a "blank" in the Apollo 17 photographic index.

The photo certainly suffers from extreme light exposure and noise issues. But it's in fact not completely blank, as adjusting the contrast reveals pyramid-like structures.

An ironic discovery considering the ancient ruins of Stonehenge depicted on the mission badge.

apollo-Stonehenge.jpg

Last edited:
Charlie Chaplin cell phone is retarded. For one, who could she be talking to? Two, how did she get service. Rest of the vid was interesting.

Charlie Chaplin cell phone is retarded. For one, who could she be talking to? Two, how did she get service. Rest of the vid was interesting.

Yeah that's always been my thought on that. And I've heard there were hearing aids back in those days that looked similar to that.

Edit: found a pic of one. Couldn't find a bigger pic, but u get the idea:

1929-pic03.jpg

I don't understand the big deal about the Babushka Lady?? There seems to be a lot of ladies around her as well? Is she seriously the ONLY unconfirmed person that was watching the motorcade?

I've never heard of the Black Knight satellite before

I don't understand the big deal about the Babushka Lady?? There seems to be a lot of ladies around her as well? Is she seriously the ONLY unconfirmed person that was watching the motorcade?

I don't see the big deal about it either. I'd be carefully filming the presidents limo if I was there too

#10 doesn't belong on this list.

#2 is the creepiest.

[YT]5-S2H4ayJiU[/YT]

shit is cray (except #4).

Weird that the end echoed my own thought while watching this.

I couldn't help but think of the possibility of a Hyperborea or Atlantis.

Will be back to this thread. That spaceman thing is hilarious.

lol that one I'm pretty skeptical of, mainly because it just looks stupid to me. But also because the guy went to Kodak to complain. I mean, if you have a pic turn out weird, WHO goes to the film manufacturer to complain?! Nobody. You just throw that pic out.

That alone makes it pretty sketchy imo.

Last edited:
123marsmanclose550x404.jpg

Here's a great (and funny!) debunking of the Man on Mars by my man Captain Disillusion :icon_lol:

Will be back to this thread. That spaceman thing is hilarious.

Hey,its all fun and games until one day you take a pic of your child
and a damn spaceman is in the backround.
It wont be funny then! :icon_lol:

Top 3 are the only ones that i found intrigueing.
Nice post ts :wink:

Back