10-8?????

There are people who think Conor won the 3rd? Who are these blind men who didn't even listen to the fight?

Yeah there are, obviously they are wrong, Nate Diaz clearly won that round. All the rounds were quite close though, McGregor was always in Round 3, he was landing punches, moving well and covering up. It was very far from the sort of beat down that might be awarded a 10-8.

A 10-8 score for Nate Diaz against McGregor was RIDICULOUS and damaging to the sport.

The judge needs to be suspended, because McGregor was never in danger and landed plenty in the round.
I disagree conor wa barely even defending himself against the cage, 30 more seconds or maybe even less in that round and he would have been tko'd. Just my thoughts.

Conor's coach said he was terrified during the 3rd that John McCarthy might stop the fight.

That is a legitimate concern, I would be terrified of McCarthy stopping my fight too, unless I wanted to be really safe and secure :eek:

I think 10-8 rounds aren't handed out enough, and if this was an example of judges being more liberal with them I am fine. There have been MANY examples in a 3 rd fight where a guy wins the first 2 rounds than will coast in the third, if it took less to get a 10-8 round it would make the guys keep their foot on the gas and less guys would just be coasting to survive. Id be in favour of that personally.

I disagree conor wa barely even defending himself against the cage, 30 more seconds or maybe even less in that round and he would have been tko'd. Just my thoughts.

Not a 10-8 round. It just wasn't . If that retarded judge hadn't scored it 10-8, nobody would be arguing that it was?

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

^^ that's what a 10-8 looks like.

I think that judge must have trained under Cecil Peoples. Haha remember when Cecil use to give the most bizarre wacky scores that made no sense. Like 2 judges would have it 30-27, and Cecil would give 29-28 to the other guy.

It's like someone just put a whole plate of taramasalata in front of me and said I can't vomit or my whole family will die :eek:

Not many will remember, even less will care about that scorecard in a few short months. It's completely meaningless.

It feeds into the illusion that the fight was closer then it was. It will be forgotten, in the short term we've got idiot haters thinking the fight was closer then it was.

Yeah there are, obviously they are wrong, Nate Diaz clearly won that round. All the rounds were quite close though, McGregor was always in Round 3, he was landing punches, moving well and covering up. It was very far from the sort of beat down that might be awarded a 10-8.

I actually think Conor was closer to finishing Nate then Nate was close to finishing Conor. That 4th round Nate looked tired and was hurt and some of those punches hurt Nate alot. But Conor was tired and followed the gameplan, so he did not jump on that.

how about fedor beating maldonado ?

It seemed like Fedor wanted to win that without going to the ground, and Maldonado is a good striker, I loved the way he caught Fedor on the way in. I think it should have been a draw.

Everyone? That is a lot of people, I have watched the fourth at least 5 times and I seen a draw but that is my opinion which means nothing I do know the judge who scored the 3rd a 10-8 had no impact on the outcome. It was a very close fight 2 clear RDA for Conor and 2 clear for Nate then a razor close fourth and that is a fact

The fourth and fifth were relatively close, I would forgive someone for awarding Nate 10-9 in the 4th. But 10-8 in the 3rd is a joke and reaks of overall outcome manipulation.

Well I thought Nate won the fight as did many others so it's not really hard to believe.

You have the definition of a 10-8 round, you have the video of the round itself and various computstrike type statistics about the round. How is that, in any world here or elsewhere the univerise, a 10-8 round? I am truly beflummoxed by this and think it is very unfair.

You have the definition of a 10-8 round, you have the video of the round itself and various computstrike type statistics about the round. How is that, in any world here or elsewhere the univerise, a 10-8 round? I am truly beflummoxed by this and think it is very unfair.
It's not a big deal man. Variety of opinions is all.

His defense was excellent, he was defending almost everything!!!! He got caught with a few fatigued punches, and he got caught semi decently ONCE - but this is normal! He was always there, just look at the fight matrix statistics or similar.

All round were 10-9 after rewatching.

The only round in question is rnd two, and Diaz won the round in the last 2 mins

All round were 10-9 after rewatching.

The only round in question is rnd two, and Diaz won the round in the last 2 mins

That is an opinion I have heard from about 2 people in total, and maybe you can start a thread about it. I would be interested to hear your ideas. But in Round 3, there is no universe in which 10-8 was remotely fair.

Back