“This Is America”

My point exactly. How can we fucking get over this shit if we keep bringing it up. You still didn't answer the question.

I would say we're "over" Pearl Harbor. Do you mean we need to forget it entirely?

You compared WW2 and 9/11 to Jim Crow and I pointed out how terrible the comparison was saying for them to get over it.

Do you understand how stupid of a statement that was?

Ah, so you're gonna play that game where you don't answer my questions. Cool, best of luck. You may win this time.

Imagine the treasure trove of commentary on black protest songs we'd have if the internet had been invented 100 years ago...

Strange Fruit - "You know how you stop lynchings? Stop talking about it"

A Change Gonna Come - "All this over sitting in the back of the bus? Ok, yeah, slaves had it bad but that was 100 years ago. Negroes are just whining"

Mississippi Goddam - "The Klan might kill a few blacks but how many have other blacks killed?"

Sounds dumb doesn't it? In 2118, people are going to look through WR threads on the internet archive to prove how backwards people were in 2018.

I really don't put much weight on Kendrick Lamar winning a Pulitzer prize for his work. I've listened to a lot of his stuff and while some of it is kinda insightful, a good portion just regresses into the same ignorant bullshit that infects rap music today.

I think it actually reiterares my point that rap music is held to a lower standard. So they're obligated to hand out these rewards to rappers in order to be inclusive.

I can't stand Kendrick's music. I think he has unbearably stiff flow. But he invents a new flow in almost every track and has more layers in his wordplay than any other living (or dead, imo) rapper. He's a technician of the highest order.

What exactly are you looking for in a rap song? You say you want it to not be the usual money hoes stuff, but then you praise 90s rap which arguably invented money and hoes rap.

Last edited:
I would say we're "over" Pearl Harbor. Do you mean we need to forget it entirely?
I made my self clear. We as a nation can not get over all this shit, if we are constantly reminding ourselves of it. Just keeps reopening our fucking wounds.

I didn't see or hear anything ground breaking in the video. The tune sounds just like everything else that is popular right now to me. My jimmies are 0/10 rustled.

Ah, so you're gonna play that game where you don't answer my questions. Cool, best of luck. You may win this time.
Your questions were laughable deflection questions. I don't care for petty stuff like that. I merely just wanted to point out your comparisons were low level stuff that pretty much had nothing to do with each other.

Win? We will all never win with race peddlers like you out there. 100 years from now there will still be people like you alive and that is the problem.

... think twice before you shit on all "activism"

I live in Canada.

I never called shit on all activism. I was simply pointing out that it has become an extremely trendy thing to do and a lot of celebrities and artists are jumping on the bandwagon because they see an opportunity to cash in on the hype.

The old "they don't really care" tactic.

The majority only care about making money and marketing themselves as whatever is the trendy thing at the moment. Donald Glover writes a "woke" song cashes in and goes on to live his life of luxury. When the next fad comes around he will cash in on that. I do not see him and all the other "woke" artists sitting down doing the dirty work necessary to make the necessary policy changes. I read an article explaining that a lot of activism does not work because everyone wants to scream and shout in the streets, but nobody wants to sit down and do the difficult work necessary to see the desired changes happen.

I made my self clear. We as a nation can not get over all this shit, if we are constantly reminding ourselves of it. Just keeps reopening our fucking wounds.

"Get over" isn't a clear phrase to me. If we're going to continue discussing, you're going to have to explain what you mean by your use of it.

"Get over" isn't a clear phrase to me. If we're going to continue discussing, you're going to have to explain what you mean by your use of it.
Is English not your first language? Get over it is self explanatory.

Is English not your first language? Get over it is self explanatory.

No, it's not my first language. But I believe that English words and phrases can have multiple meanings that change depending on context and who is using the word. Can you explain what you intend it to mean in this context?

No, it's not my first language. But I believe that English words and phrases can have multiple meanings that change depending on context and who is using the word. Can you explain what you intend it to mean in this context?
By get over it, I mean that it stops being the focus on everyones mind. When people can just deal with each other instead of every issue being race based.

I think American urban culture is embarassing. It's being spread to lower our kids standards, so they can be happy with the low level life urban African Americans sunk into. We are screwing up.

By get over it, I mean that it stops being the focus on everyones mind. When people can just deal with each other instead of every issue being race based.

But you said we haven't "gotten over" Pearl Harbor. You're saying that Pearl Harbor is still the focus of everyones' minds'? I don't believe this is true, but we can agree to disagree.

But you said we haven't "gotten over" Pearl Harbor. You're saying that Pearl Harbor is still the focus of everyones' minds'? I don't believe this is true, but we can agree to disagree.
I still don't know why you are bringing up WW2. Yes, it clearly is on everyones mind if we are still worshiping it like a fucking holiday. More to the point, this race focus is far more of an issue then latent hatred of Japanese. Getting over this race shit will be the biggest benefit to us. Not every issue has to be anchored in race. The fact that it is, is why shit is the way it is. Nothing is getting fixed, nothing is moving forward because no one will get over it, and move on. They keep bringing it up, over and over and over again.

I think American urban culture is embarassing. It's being spread to lower our kids standards, so they can be happy with the low level life urban African Americans sunk into. We are screwing up.
Who promotes it? Why is it all we see on TV? Or hear on the radio?

Back