Opinion “Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism"

Macron is deeply unpopular. He's trying to appeal to the far-left and no one cares.

Nationalism and patriotism seem to be synonymous if we're being honest.

Nobody cares about anything Macron has to say anyway.....

Well, the selfish old people and government dependents who want their month-long vacations and who allowed a hostile minority to grow in France put him in office in do I guess. They put him in office somehow. This is him trying to harness that inferiority complex that France have had since 1940. Really comes out when it comes to America.

Nationalism is a cancer. Every dictator has used it to come to power.
Most (if not all) civilizations emerged from Nationalism. Without functioning Nationalism we would all be living like somalis.

Last edited:
Nationalism and patriotism seem to be synonymous if we're being honest.

They are, actually.

2 words with the basically the same meaning.

But because of reasons that befuddle me, Liberal fucktards added the "white" in front of Nationalism, and now it's Racist to focus only on your own country.

What a load of shit.

Sherdogs resident lefties taking the side of the Rothschild & Co investment banker

<36>

Nationalism bad, globalism good. Keep fighting the system guys.

deranged left and trump haters: trump used the word nationalism .. something must be wrong with that word then

Name me a country with citizens more nationalistic than in North Korea?

it's not about the citizens .. they have a crazy dictator running the place who's brainwashed the 'citizens'

How many non-Western countries have you been to? And I don't mean visiting some specially designated tourist resort either.

How many non-Western countries have you been to? And I don't mean visiting some specially designated tourist resort either.

Beating away on strawmen, again. Nothing shows how weak your counter point is more than trying to move the argument away from the statements.

Last edited:

Actually their devotion is to the leader, and if you fail to display sufficient devotion it's well known that they fucking kill you and put three generations of your family in a concentration camp.

But the truth is that people who want power will appeal to whatever they think they need to for acquiring it. Religion, patriotism, racial identity, historical identity, the people, the betterment of workers, the common good, security and safety, jobs jobs jobs, revenge, the stupidity or cruelty of the other. The list goes on.

The counterweight is a culture with a robust sense of personal liberty, suspicion of authority and centralized power and a healthy competitive marketplace.

It is a bunch of bullshit semantics, intended to under-mine national sovereignty.

Most leaders in Europe, pre-2000, proudly proclaimed themselves and their roots as nationalist in origin. It is only after the EU lobby has had its way, that nationalism has come to be associated with ultra far-right ideologies such as Nazism (which was imperialist, not nationalist, in its nature), instead of being given its rightful place in history as the ideology responsible for bringing peace into Europe, by way of sovereign countries, independent of each other, and lacking the imperialist grandeur of a Nazi Germany/Great Britain/France/Austro-Hungaria, etc. That Europe is finally at peace, is the result of nationalism, with all different peoples possessing their own piece of land, which they rule according to their own laws, no longer undermined by someone else's government.

The point of it, is to turn the "nation" into a bad word, replaced by a supra-national structure such as the EU, which has awoken the previous invasive, imperial sentiments. Flag-waving, knowing one's history, and taking pride in one's nation, and its accomplishments, will be looked down upon (and already is, in EU circles). They do not want any flags other than the EU's to be shown except, at best, in sporting events.

Patriotism shares the same meaning as nationalism, and in fact, it was the abuse of patriotism that the Nazis talked about, when describing their strategies of rallying the population to war. Sooner or later "patriotism" will also be looked down upon as a word, for now it serves as a transitional word such as "mentally challenged". Eventually we might be talking about "Europeanism" or whatever.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

-Hermann Göring

True it seems aceoss the board different pre 2000s. Crazy how much 20 years changes things.

Mass immigration i believe largely started in the 90s though. Well france had it since the post algerian days. But they ramped it up in UK and France after the cold war ended as did many other states it seemed. Looking back mid to late 90s seemed good and in countries were there was start of mass immigration of non europeans it seemed like the multicultural model could work.

Back