“Only Cowards tap to Strikes.”

It’s 2023 and this new wave of soy bot MMA fans is now trying to justify tapping to striker LOL…

Crazy

<JonesLaugh>
In some species of human being, the brain keeps growing past the age of 12.

Cause strikes can't kill ya like a choke can and tapping from the type of strikes Matt serra was delivering on gsp was low key kinda pussy ish

God forgive me, I repent for saying it but it had to be said.

A true goat would rather die or be put out cold than tap to someone the height of a kid that cant get on amusement park rides.

In summary it's not the act of tapping to something, it's how and who gsp tapped to...

If that happened to me in high school I'd never be able to live it down lol

Once again, no one can say a fighter is a coward, so stop your strawman argument.

Tapping to strikes is just problematic when people pretend you're the MMA GOAT.

Also, losing by KO/TKO is very common, so stop with this fake argument too.
Well, at least you can say you are decent at something: deflection.
The GOAT argument is something we all pretend that our opinion matters on. Reality is that it is a subjective argument with no clear definition of qualifications; hence why a dim-wit like you can spew your Dunning- Kruger all over this forum.

Cause strikes can't kill ya like a choke can and tapping from the type of strikes Matt serra was delivering on gsp was low key kinda pussy ish

God forgive me, I repent for saying it but it had to be said.

A true goat would rather die or be put out cold than tap to someone the height of a kid that cant get on amusement park rides.

In summary it's not the act of tapping to something, it's how and who gsp tapped to...

If that happened to me in high school I'd never be able to live it down lol
Right, cause no Boxer or MMA fighter has ever died from punches, dim-wit.
How many fighters have died from chokes? Any CTE from a choke? Didnt think so, genius.

Right, cause no Boxer or MMA fighter has ever died from punches, dim-wit.
How many fighters have died from chokes? Any CTE from a choke? Didnt think so, genius.
Doesn't matter. You tao to strikes from a manlet like serra and this is what comes along with it. Live with it.

That's bullshit. Shogun tapped to strikes after 3 rounds of beatings against Jones. I think it's smart when you have 0 chance. I mean really, you know when you're critically damaged in a fight, why not tap to strikes?

Shogun is a golden boy here so I think he evades criticism for tapping to strikes. In my opinion when the fighter wants out they shouldn't be harshly judged for it.

Shogun is a golden boy here so I think he evades criticism for tapping to strikes. In my opinion when the fighter wants out they shouldn't be harshly judged for it.
I mean I'll draw a line like Bob Sapp shit where he would tap if his opponent landed a strike, but guys shouldn't have to get beaten to a pulp if they know they lost complete control. Corners should throw in towels too. Especially when they are getting blasted every round to a decision but had no effective offense.

I mean I'll draw a line like Bob Sapp shit where he would tap if his opponent landed a strike, but guys shouldn't have to get beaten to a pulp if they know they lost complete control. Corners should throw in towels too. Especially when they are getting blasted every round to a decision but had no effective offense.

Well yeah. Sapp is a charlatan that damages the integrity of the sport.

Corners should do that more often. I think Hooker's corner men were taking a smoke break when he fought Barboza. That unnecessary beating he took was almost criminal.

GSP notable opponents records after fighting him
Fitch 6-2-1
Alves 6-9
Shields 4-2
Hughes 4-4
Hendricks 3-6
Hardy 2-3
Koscheck 2-5
Condit 2-7
Serra 1-3

Left out Penn, Nick Diaz and Bisping cause of the losing streak, Nick Diazs inactivity and Bisping being at the end of his career.
Now add the steaks BEFORE fighting GSP. You can start with Shields on a 15-fight win streak (including Hendo), and Fitch on a 16-fight streak. GSP beat FAR MORE top 10 fighters than anyone with 27; the next closest has 19.

What is notable for many of those fighters is that USADA hit the UFC and they dropped off (wonder why?).

You won't minimize GSP's competition. Everyone knows better.

20-AA40-EC-A23-A-4659-8-C9-B-52-E61-F072-C49.gif

Now add the steaks BEFORE fighting GSP. You can start with Shields on a 15-fight win streak (including Hendo), and Fitch on a 16-fight streak. GSP beat FAR MORE top 10 fighters than anyone with 27; the next closest has 19.

What is notable for many of those fighters is that USADA hit the UFC and they dropped off (wonder why?).

You won't minimize GSP's competition. Everyone knows better.

And yeah I said Fitch and Shields were his 2 wins that aged the best.

Top 10 wins for a champ might as well be defense counting. Almost all title challengers are in the top 10(barring some unique examples) and most are in the top 5. Thats just part of being champ for a long time. If I say "his era wasn't as good" and you say "well they were all ranked in the top 10" what do you expect me to say? "I thought all his title defenses were ranked outside the top 10 I stand corrected"? His opponents being in the top 10 is a given. What champs be out here fighting guys outside the top 10?

GSP notable opponents records after fighting him
Fitch 6-2-1
Alves 6-9
Shields 4-2
Hughes 4-4
Hendricks 3-6
Hardy 2-3
Koscheck 2-5
Condit 2-7
Serra 1-3

Left out Penn, Nick Diaz and Bisping cause of the losing streak, Nick Diazs inactivity and Bisping being at the end of his career.
gsp is so good he pummels the greatness out of the best fighters. fighting GSP is a death sentence for your career.

And yeah I said Fitch and Shields were his 2 wins that aged the best.

Top 10 wins for a champ might as well be defense counting. Almost all title challengers are in the top 10(barring some unique examples) and most are in the top 5. Thats just part of being champ for a long time. If I say "his era wasn't as good" and you say "well they were all ranked in the top 10" what do you expect me to say? "I thought all his title defenses were ranked outside the top 10 I stand corrected"? His opponents being in the top 10 is a given. What champs be out here fighting guys outside the top 10?
Nope. He doesn't have the most title defenses, but he does have the most top ten wins. He has 8 more top ten wins than any other champs. Competition matters. His other wins actually have aged well and would have aged much better if not for USADA.

A lot of fighters usually give up by strikes by just covering up and waiting for ref to stop it. Sometimes you don’t have that option. It’s always been a stupid logic that tapping to strikes makes you a pussy.

I have seen numerous people on this forum say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because “he tapped to strikes from a manlet.”
An entertaining thought, but has me wondering why fighters get a pass for tapping to a blood choke, which causes no lasting damage, yet are looked at like cowards if they tap to CTE inducing strikes that they can no longer intelligently defend themselves from?
What do you think, Sherdawgs; are you less of a man/ fighter if you tap to strikes and what’s your reasoning for your opinion.

I am one of the folks who says it a lot, and I DO NOT mean he is a coward for doing it. All I use that example for is to show the crack in his armor in the P4P greatest ever debate.

I DO think GSP is ONE OF the best of ALL TIME. I use that example to show that he is not THE BEST of all time - getting KO'd by a journeyman manlet. That does very little to take away from the total accomplishment of his career - I love GSP. He is a legend.

GSP is most definitely not a coward so anyone saying that can shut the fuck up.

Back