“Only Cowards tap to Strikes.”

Fedora Millionankles

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have seen numerous people on this forum say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because “he tapped to strikes from a manlet.”
An entertaining thought, but has me wondering why fighters get a pass for tapping to a blood choke, which causes no lasting damage, yet are looked at like cowards if they tap to CTE inducing strikes that they can no longer intelligently defend themselves from?
What do you think, Sherdawgs; are you less of a man/ fighter if you tap to strikes and what’s your reasoning for your opinion.

Dumbest sherbro logic of them all.

“Ya bro if you tap to someone twisting your toe you’re still a warrior but if you tap to avoid death or brain damage you’re a pussy”

This type of sherbro would never tap to strikes himself of course.

granudogif.gif

That's bullshit. Shogun tapped to strikes after 3 rounds of beatings against Jones. I think it's smart when you have 0 chance. I mean really, you know when you're critically damaged in a fight, why not tap to strikes?

Last edited:
It depends on the individual fighter's assessment of their own safety and the circumstances of the match so you have to respect fighters make these decisions based on their own judgment and the guidance of their coaches and referees.

I have seen numerous people on this forum say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because “he tapped to strikes from a manlet.”
An entertaining thought, but has me wondering why fighters get a pass for tapping to a blood choke, which causes no lasting damage, yet are looked at like cowards if they tap to CTE inducing strikes that they can no longer intelligently defend themselves from?
What do you think, Sherdawgs; are you less of a man/ fighter if you tap to strikes and what’s your reasoning for your opinion.
The only people that say this are people who aren't very bright.

What? Shogun tapped to strikes, Tank Abott tapped to leg kicks, BJ quit on the stool. A bunch of fighters quit.

I like to generally think that if you have the wherewithal to tap to strikes you have the wherewithal to try to defend yourself intelligently... but also if you're taking a beating and feel like you have no way out the ref shoulda noticed this and already stopped it.

So yeah idk fuck me I guess

Back