‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

I do get that some people get offended when a person seems to be trying to obfuscate a conversation by differentiating pedo from whatever that other term for being attracted to post-puberty minors, but I agree that it's valuable to err on the side of linguistic precision.
At least when you see linguistic precision as furthering your diluted arguement.
Do you need me to pay for your platinum so you can change your name to Neal Tyson Jr?

It's illegal to cover your face during demonstrations on state grounds, but Antifa aren't holding publicly sanctioned rallies. They're mostly crashing events on private property and not holding their own protests.

Well, then expand that law. Unmasking Antifa will immediately crush them. The movement will die the moment they're told they can't be cowards anymore.

So a law that says that if you bother someone while wearing a mask you get 15 years in jail. A mask.

This bill as written basically criminalizes everyone who wears a mask. To illustrate the problem - As drafted, if someone pushes someone on Halloween and wearing a costume, they will be subject to this law.

That's overly broad. If they have an issue with Antifa then draft a narrow bill specifically for dealing with Antifa.

Yeah, that was my exact thought too.

What happens to the thousands of people that are involved in altercations during the holidays or events people wear masks at?

Mardi Gras would end people's lives annually.

Well, then expand that law. Unmasking Antifa will immediately crush them. The movement will die the moment they're told they can't be cowards anymore.

This stupid law will also ruin Halloween and Mardi Gras and dozens if not hundreds of other events and holidays Americans like to wear masks at while drinking beer.

Why stop at masks? What about fake beards and mustaches and wigs? There is more than one way to conceal your identity.

I hope so innocent white American males are clearly in dire need of protection from the dreaded Antifa .

What a stupid fucking comment. It is intended to be witty, but then what is implied, that we should just say " Oh, ha ha, right, the Antifa is not threatening white males so, ha ha, let's drop it and not be silly"?

In terms of public unrest, I identify Antifa and other similar Anarchists and Far-Left movements to be the biggest issue in the West. They truly are a bunch of cunts and should be canned. Fuck em for getting a pass from the system and people like yourself.

You sound like a pants-wetting conservative: better hand out a decade-long prison sentence to a 115-lbs teenager for scaring you with his anti-racism.

I don't know if you are also refering to what the Antifa does in Germany and Western Yurp, but you are grossly misguided if you are.

This stupid law will also ruin Halloween and Mardi Gras and dozens if not hundreds of other events and holidays Americans like to wear masks at while drinking beer.

Why stop at masks? What about fake beards and mustaches and wigs? There is more than one way to conceal your identity.

The law as drafted covers all disguises. So fake beards, mustaches and wigs would also be included.

Obligatory Huey Long Quote:

"Fascism will come to america in the name of anti-fascism."

The law as drafted covers all disguises. So fake beards, mustaches and wigs would also be included.

Holy shit that is ridiculous.

I guess we can forget the Santa events. Those were already ruining people's lives anyway.

Obligatory Huey Long Quote:

"Fascism will come to america in the name of anti-fascism."

<Dany07>

It's funny because Huey is probably the closest person a fascist that has ever contended for the Presidency.

That's funny, as a non-American observer I was under the impression that it kind of goes the other way.

To me, at least in popular culture, White Murrcans have started to behave like Blacks. Body language, handshakes, interjections, etc.

Kind of weird.

Haha, well it goes both ways. That's how culture works. But, by and large, there is still the element of class that chiefly separates the two cultures. Black persons whose behaviors seem more "white" (Midwestern dialect, sweaters, boat shoes) likely grew up in money, and around white people. Meanwhile, white people who act "black" (urban dialect, basketball shoes, values sharing) likely grew up in less money, and around black people.

But, yes, to be sure, the influence of black culture on US popular culture has increased over the past decades. Which is strange, since violent crime has decreased across the country simultaneously, despite stagnant wages and the exultation of "thug" culture nowadays....

At least when you see linguistic precision as furthering your diluted arguement.
Do you need me to pay for your platinum so you can change your name to Neal Tyson Jr?

Isn't it "Neil"? Anyways, I'm not real familiar with the guy outside of memes.

But linguistic precision is always important, whether being used in my argument or against it. For instance, you don't seem to know what the work "diluted" means. Linguistic precision would fix that.

This thread is a shitshow. Only partisan name-calling from both sides.

Nothing good will come out of this. Fuck that I'm out, this is trash.

What a stupid fucking comment. It is intended to be witty, but then what is implied, that we should just say " Oh, ha ha, right, the Antifa is not threatening white males so, ha ha, let's drop it and not be silly"?

In terms of public unrest, I identify Antifa and other similar Anarchists and Far-Left movements to be the biggest issue in the West. They truly are a bunch of cunts and should be canned. Fuck em for getting a pass from the system and people like yourself.

Calm down dear , no ones giving them a pass but surely you already have laws to cope with their posturing fuckwittery .

Holy shit that is ridiculous.

I guess we can forget the Santa events. Those were already ruining people's lives anyway.
Are Mall Santa's running around breaking shit, hitting people with bike locks and setting shit on fire?

Lots of oppression and violence going on at Halloween and Mardi Gras?

This thread is a shitshow. Only partisan name-calling from both sides.

Nothing good will come out of this. Fuck that I'm out, this is trash.
So, should it pass what are the actual ramifications for the Antifa movement? Do any of you see this actually discouraging them from still wearing masks by and large? Do you see it actually being enforced by LEOs given how the are often constrained with a hands off position by an large? Will it impact how many people are willing to participate in their activities if they can no longer hide their faces?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back