Social ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 1&2 director fired by Disney for saying he likes little boys.

He didn't say "stupid shit". He told jokes: over a decade ago (they didn't mind before). They don't want to associate themselves with crass humor? I'm sure there's an argument somewhere in here.

Don't flame me again without being creative.

You're one of the biggest shit stirrers here calling people snowflakes and then being upset when they retort. If you can't handle it, don't start it.

The guy didn't just tell one off colour joke, he told dozens, and they are all awful disturbing pedophilia 'jokes'. In the end, Disney is entitled to act how they so choose and I think they've done the right thing if they want to preserve their brand.

It's really just dumb jokes. Sucks but that's the climate these days.

You're one of the biggest shit stirrers here calling people snowflakes and then being upset when they retort. If you can't handle it, don't start it.

The guy didn't just tell one off colour joke, he told dozens, and they are all awful disturbing pedophilia 'jokes'. In the end, Disney is entitled to act how they so choose and I think they've done the right thing if they want to preserve their brand.
yep, if it was one or two tweets I could dismiss it as a dumb joke. But there is clearly a pattern here and he is obsessed with some perverse themes- none of which are remotely in the vicinity of comedy.

I hate how Pollitcally correct we have become here in the US.

That said, homie sure likes inappropriate jokes about kids.....

It's fine if you want to call me a snowflake. If you violate flaming rules, I will infract you, because I cannot flame back.
Yes, but they're all jokes. How does their volume change that character?

Find an argument. Any time.

yep, if it was one or two tweets I could dismiss it as a dumb joke. But there is clearly a pattern here and he is obsessed with some perverse themes- none of which are remotely in the vicinity of comedy.

Given Hollywoods proclivity to some pretty perverse behaviours behind doors I think it would be interesting if someone served him with a warrant to check what he has on his computer. There's a bit of a history of people who showed a lot of these signs and were found out later.

Given Hollywoods proclivity to some pretty perverse behaviours behind doors I think it would be interesting if someone served him with a warrant to check what he has on his computer. There's a bit of a history of people who showed a lot of these signs and were found out later.
Aha! So we've found our argument! It's baseless accusation!

It's fine if you want to call me a snowflake. If you violate flaming rules, I will infract you, because I cannot flame back.

Snowflake is the perfect analogy for bitch, it's just dressed up in same-but-different-language. I won't bother arguing this further but your post history is rife with this.

I've already made my argument but I will rephrase it. People can say whatever they want and people can respond accordingly how they want. If one person says something and another decides they do not want to be connected with it then they separate that connection, it's just that simple. I have been consistent in this with Roseanne's sacking: if you are an employee and are associated with a brand and make comments that do not reflect the brands image then they can let you go.

This guy made stupid comments, and not just one but talking about being in NAMBLA and having kids pee on him, and they decided to terminate their relationship. It's Disney's choice.

No one's trying to lock him up over these tweets. But a company has every right to distance themselves from someone whos mind is constantly thinking of 3 year olds and dicks. Good riddance. If you're so concerned for his career, perhaps you can donate to his Patreon.

Initially thought firing him was overboard. After reading/thinking more, I think good call by Disney. He sounded like a prick and those jokes don’t border on funny/offensive. There is almost zero funny anywhere

I've already made my argument but I will rephrase it. People can say whatever they want and people can respond accordingly how they want. If one person says something and another decides they do not want to be connected with it then they separate that connection, it's just that simple. I have been consistent in this with Roseanne's sacking: if you are an employee and are associated with a brand and make comments that do not reflect the brands image then they can let you go.

This guy made stupid comments, and not just one but talking about being in NAMBLA and having kids pee on him, and they decided to terminate their relationship. It's Disney's choice.
So your argument is an empty appeal to populism.

If this man is a legitimate pedo, let's get evidence, because throwing him out of Disney sure as hell wouldn't be enough for me-- I'd want him thrown in prison. Let's not dilly dally with words on Twitter.

Anyone else? Any other hangers-on to the #metoo movement's and its carelessly destructive intentions? This is supposed to be a movement about social justice, because of all those rape cases that couldn't be proven to the satisfaction of the law or a jury, and the desire to correct the known injustices suffered by these outlying cases-- real victims-- by not allowing the red tape of the law to render the pursuit of true justice impossible. Those victims and their crimes against them were lost in the cracks by the grand turning wheels of law & order. The route to true justice was in speaking out and discovering the mass testimony of others, then subjecting that testimony, and the merit of each individual case, with the context of the whole. Suddenly, everyone realizes Bill Cosby likes to rape people when before no one felt they could prove it, or that authorities would be willing to take their accusations seriously.

Now we're just firing people for crass jokes they told 10 years ago on their personal social media (away from the company) because we don't like their current political opinions about the President. That's literally what this is. Look at Pudzer's case. Look at Hardwick. These people don't care about justice. They don't mind if individuals get destroyed and churned up by the grand wheels of their creation.

Just one more piece of evidence towards my grand theory that SJWs and Trumpets are all the same animal wearing different coats.
No one's trying to lock him up over these tweets. But a company has every right to distance themselves from someone whos mind is constantly thinking of 3 year olds and dicks. Good riddance. If you're so concerned for his career, perhaps you can donate to his Patreon.
Same weakass appeal: this time to authority.

Can anyone think for himself any more?

So your argument is an empty appeal to populism.

If this man is a legitimate pedo, let's get evidence, because throwing him out of Disney sure as hell wouldn't be enough for me-- I'd want him thrown in prison. Let's not dilly dally with words on Twitter.

Anyone else? Any other hangers-on to the #metoo movement's and its carelessly destructive intentions? This is supposed to be a movement about social justice, because of all those rape cases that couldn't be proven to the satisfaction of the law or a jury, and the desire to correct the known injustices suffered by these outlying cases-- real victims-- by not allowing the red tape of the law to render the pursuit of true justice impossible. Those victims and their crimes against them were lost in the cracks by the grand turning wheels of law & order. The route to true justice was in speaking out and discovering the mass testimony of others, then subjecting that testimony, and the merit of each individual case, with the context of the whole. Suddenly, everyone realizes Bill Cosby likes to rape people when before no one felt they could prove it, or that authorities would be willing to take their accusations seriously.

Now we're just firing people for crass jokes they told 10 years ago on their personal social media (away from the company) because we don't like their current political opinions about the President. That's literally what this is. Look at Pudzer's case. Look at Hardwick. These people don't care about justice. They don't mind if individuals get destroyed and churned up by the grand wheels of their creation.

Just one more piece of evidence towards my grand theory that SJWs and Trumpets are all the same animal wearing different coats.

Same weakass appeal: this time to authority.

Can anyone think for himself any more?

I hate to say it but you sure waffle on about something that isn't your decision. It's Disney's decision.

I hate to say it but you sure waffle on about something that isn't your decision. It's Disney's decision.
Well, I guess it's time to close down the War Room, eh?

Anybody in here have an argument to support this? Anyone at all?

Well the natural end of your argument is just nonsense. Is Disney now not allowed to fire people who make public statements in support of NAMBLA and touching children? Or do they have to refer to you for their decisions? When are they and when aren't they allowed to decide these things?

I'm the one promoting they have free choice over their own direction. Gunn chose his words, now they have chosen theirs. It's very simple.

I could see how an employer "waiting for evidence of pedophilia" might be excercizing a little too late of a damage control measure for their company image, most businesses do try to spot warning signs of the serious variety, signs of mental instability, violence, you name it. With controversial political expressions the waters get muddier than this, but pedophilia and general sex abuse are regularly taken very seriously in their early stages or signs, valid or not, because the consequences for delaying a response can be hugely damaging to companies whose employees do snap while under contract. I don't know if you'd feel this strongly about early release if this concerned a middle school educator's tweets?

As for having such a strong adverse opinions about sex abuse activism, I don't think getting mad at those movements wholesale is particularly helpful if falsifying crimes rests on the personal responsibility of the persons committing it -- if you fake a rape charge you're a piece of shit, period.

We don't tell the cops to stop looking at cases when they are reported because we've seen fakes happen, every report gets looked at and if a fake crime is charged anyway, that rests on the evils of the person responsible not "every women who tweets about sex abuse" what are we 19 years old

People need to wake up and stop posting shit on Twitter 'cause even if you delete it, all it takes is someone to take a screenshot, then upload it to the internet again....and you're fucked.

Whether these were just Jokes in VERY POOR TASTE or not, the FACT is that they were just waiting to be unearthed by a "concerned citizen"(plenty of those around...) and put it on Blast.

As a result, he got what he deserved : A Boot up the ass.

Yes it sounds like a joke, but some jokes are distasteful . A non-Jewish person making crude, vulgar jokes about Jews and the Holocaust will also get canned. Same with racial jokes; I mean if some manager or employee made a joke about Obama and monkeys, he/she will get canned if they are employed by a well known company.

Well the natural end of your argument is just nonsense. Is Disney now not allowed to fire people who make public statements in support of NAMBLA and touching children? Or do they have to refer to you for their decisions? When are they and when aren't they allowed to decide these things?

I'm the one promoting they have free choice over their own direction. Gunn choose his words, now they have chosen theirs. It's very simple.
He made a public statement in support of NAMBLA?

Do you see how contortionist and dishonest you have to fundamentally be in order to defend this?
I could see how an employer "waiting for evidence of pedophilia" might be excercizing a little too late of a damage control measure for their company image, most businesses do try to spot warning signs of the serious variety, signs of mental instability, violence, you name it. With controversial political expressions the waters get muddier than this, but pedophilia and general sex abuse are regularly taken very seriously in their early stages or signs, valid or not, because the consequences for delaying a response can be hugely damaging to companies whose employees do snap while under contract. I don't know if you'd feel this strongly about early release if this concerned a middle school educator's tweets?
If the teacher made those jokes 10 years ago working as an artist I would definitely be outraged by firing him before investigating more deeply to confirm the tendencies, and so would the Teacher's Union. I'd want it investigated, certainly, given the context of his job, but if his jokes were in the context above, I wouldn't be freaking out about it. John Oliver tells pedo-jokes all the time. Doesn't freak me out.

Otherwise, we're now taking these jokes as suggestive evidence that this director actually engages in pedophilia? That it's an "early stage"?

Because you have just made an argument that lays the groundwork to destroy the creative freedom of comics-- nay, everyone-- everywhere. Suddenly, any joke entered into the public domain, anywhere, that has physical evidence of its existence (i.e. a cell phone camera video taken in a backwater comedy club) can be construed as potential "evidence" towards a future crime, and if that future crime is politically sensitive to anyone who would employ that person, and if the nature of that crime is politically sensitive enough, due to potential outrage and social media-driven mob justice, then that person is now too "risky" to hire.

You've simply taken the Minority Report nightmare, and transposed it from criminal justice to "social" (read: corporate BDS) justice. You're convicting people prior to the crime, and in fact, without an ounce of material evidence.
As for having such a strong adverse opinions about sex abuse activism, I don't think getting mad at those movements wholesale is particularly helpful if falsifying crimes rests on the personal responsibility of the persons committing it -- if you fake a rape charge you're a piece of shit, period.

We don't tell the cops to stop looking at cases when they are reported because we've seen fakes happen, every report gets looked at, and if a fake crime is charged anyway, that rests on the evils of the person responsible, not "every women who tweets about sex abuse" what are we 19 years old
I don't recall anyone arguing against investigating alleged crimes, but the efficiency of investigation and potential prosecution factors into every level of how we pursue justice at a government level. Now we are prosecuting people for crimes that don't exist based on pure testimony.

It's not about improving things. It's about improving things for one group of people at the expense of another. Personally, I support notions of blind justice, not blind injustice.

He made a public statement in support of NAMBLA?

Do you see how contortionist and dishonest you have to fundamentally be in order to defend this?

srmA5SNl.png

Back