“Amazing” title fight with Lawler was “really good for my career”

Rory landed that high kick just like Browne landed his front kick on Reem after like 100 attempts on it,Lawler was in control and was better in 3rd round before that high kick so round went to Rory,start of 4th round again Rory but then he fails again to finish and Lawler takes control of the fight but still round went to Rory.Thing is,Rory can only stand with Lawler if he lands a big clean shot,otherwise NO.Lawler is more agressive,better with his hands and power and in that last fight showed perfect TDD.Rory will improve but i would take Lawler anytime over Rory no matter what,justl ike the first time,just like the second time.

Rory is a class act, and he is really close to being the top guy in his division. If he can improve even a little bit, he should be able to hold the belt at some point. After all, Rory was up going into the 5th in that fight. I hope that war didn't take too many years off his career, though!

I remember Lawler taking control after Rory tried to take him down e sprawled on him and landed some BOMBS

nolawler.gif

ObedientGleefulLaughingthrush.gif

1Xz9NVn.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSVrNLC1Q8

nick diaz is the truth the only WW champ beside Matt hughes

man, robbie has come a long way since then. completely different mindset in the cage now 'n' days.

diaz, on the other hand, well..... he's fallen off a cliff

man, robbie has come a long way since then. completely different mindset in the cage now 'n' days.

diaz, on the other hand, well..... he's fallen off a cliff

Nick Diaz had much more success when people thought he was just a BJJ guy so they weren't expecting/training for a pressure boxer.

huge fan of Rory
I'm glad to hear from him and glad that this fight at least at face value hasn't negatively effected him mentally as i thought as though as he is i thought it could of broken him , i guess we will see how his body has dealt with the beating come his next few fight especially if he moves to Middle weight as he recently mentioned .

Better than the guy who made his face explode? Rory is a badass though and he deserves to be at the top of the division.

Sometimes it's not the best who win (2007 Patriots), and Rory was rocking Lawler while winning the rounds.

Back