“Amazing” title fight with Lawler was “really good for my career”

TheCryingElite

Fiercest Poster since the taut one Dufresne used.
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/macdo...ht-with-lawler-was-really-good-for-my-career/

Rory MacDonald
“It was an amazing experience being able to go in there (and fight) five rounds, fight a fight with severe injuries that happened during the fight, like a broken nose and things like that; battling through that experience taught me lessons that I can’t get in the gym or any other experience. You have to get in there and feel it and know how to react to that situation. I’m happy I went through that because later on in my career, I’m going to have fights like that again, and I’m going to help be more composed and I’m going to act better, stay more relaxed, more focused, and I won’t freak out and gas out in the fifth like I did.

“It was really good for my career, and personally, I really enjoyed the experience. It was an amazing adrenaline rush to push through the things I was dealing with.”

He'll surely learn and grow from this experience.

Rory should stay in the title hunt for the foreseeable future.

Finally, it's nice to hear something from Rory. Agree with his assessment, Rory should be a future champ.

It must suck to repeat the same things to interviewers hundreds of times. I have heard this on 5 different mma publications directly after the fight..

Think it's great he can through a fight like that and take all the positives away from it. Some fighters would be broken from a fight like that but Rory takes it as a lesson and moves on.

Still predicting him as a future cham

I don't blame Rory for that loss as much as I blame Firas.

"When this round, Rory."

I hate that kind of advice.

Rory will be future champ, no doubt.

Rory could've won that fight if his nose had held up. That fight made me a lawler fan.

Great fight

was already a fan of both guys
Rory learned a lot in his first 5 rounder
Lawler is a beast and looking better than ever

nolawler.gif

ObedientGleefulLaughingthrush.gif

1Xz9NVn.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSVrNLC1Q8

nick diaz is the truth the only WW champ beside Matt hughes

Wasn't much of a Rory fan before this fight. Still not, compared to some other WW at least. Impressed with how he handled defeat though, certainly better than Hendricks. Well done.

Wasn't much of a Rory fan before this fight. Still not, compared to some other WW at least. Impressed with how he handled defeat though, certainly better than Hendricks. Well done.

rory best bet is to try to sub lawler.

he cant beat him standing

I'm a fan of Rory MacDonald now because of that fight. If Robbie was not in the UFC, he'd be champion today. I don't see anybody at 170 beating Rory right now. Too young and too hungry. Lombard is in a bad situation.

That fight was just breath taking from start to finish.

that fight finally allowed rory to shed the ali-shuffle image he garnered from fighting BJ

I never was a big Rory fan before, I had previously seen him as a point fighter and the "next GSP" hype annoyed me

But not only was that Lawler fight amazing, he's been a complete class act in defeat since. I really hope he holds that title someday. Would love to see him beat up crybaby Hendricks

that fight made me a rory fan.

i never really cared for him before that. i hated his "just do enough to win" and "neutralizing" fight style.

that fight he let it all hang out. even if he came up second best, i can respect the way he fought.

Back