‘The Prodigy’ B.J. Penn Appreciation Thread

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
slide.jpg

- First Non-Brazilian to win the black-belt division of the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship

- Signed to the UFC with zero professional or amateur MMA fights
BJ_Penn_profile.jpg

- Knocked out number 3 ranked Din Thomas in his 2nd pro fight

DeepEvergreenEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

- Knocked out number 2 ranked Caol Uno in 11 seconds in his 3rd pro fight

fkuXh_rG_ONulwl4WikezKmUsWUhSmH3f6hRfzrs1zQ.gif

- Moved up to Welterweight and dethroned Matt Hughes with less than 3 years of mma experience under his belt
3.gif

5.gif

- Won the UFC Lightweight Championship becoming the second fighter ever to hold a belt in two weight classes
BJ-Penn-Holding-His-UFC-Champion-Belts-1.jpg

- Most finishes in UFC Lightweight Championship fight history (4)
jsect2.gif

4B4z.gif

pw7ha1rnc4z01.gif

B.J. Penn has fought the toughest competition he could possibly face in his career “I’m not the best, but I am hard to beat.” - B.J. Penn
InfiniteInfiniteAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif

Penn has fought:
- GSP x2
- Matt Hughes x 3
- Lyoto Machida (who weighed 225 lbs)
- Frankie x 3
- Nick Diaz
- Rory MacDonald
- Sean Sherk
- Takanori Gomi
- Jon Fitch
- Kenny Florian
- Jens Pulver
- Matt Serra
- Diego Sanchez
- Etc

- B.J. Penn was a pioneer for the lighter weight classes in the UFC, his first fight with Pulver was the first time two lightweights headlined a UFC PPV

- B.J. Penn was one of the most durable fighters of all time, he did not get knocked down until he was 16 years and 29 fights into his career against Yair Rodriguez
tenor.gif

bj-penn-gif-3.gif

11 finishes in his 12 UFC wins
5 finishes in his 5 UFC Championship wins
Hall of famer

The Bess

giphy.gif

I swear if one of you playbois come in here with a B.J. Penn slandering agenda:
Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.png

I support this message.

(How long before GSPhuggers enter and shit on this?)

I’ve only ever seen him get beat up

You need to go educate yourself and watch his old fights young bull, when he was on point like he was in his peak lightweight championship run he was special.

I support this message.

(How long before GSPhuggers enter and shit on this?)

GSP fans even have to hespect B.J. Penn, but I don’t want to turn this into a B.J. Penn fan vs GSP fan thread where everybody shades one of these greats of the game. Just hespecht for the B.J. Penn thass eet.

Another @BC instant Classic brother, love reading threads like this, I wasn't around during his time, but your amazing lay out and style makes it easier to educate and feel like I was there myself.

Quality stuff brother, as always.

Hawaii has another Goat on the rise too, and his name is Max "Blessed" Holloway Baby, Let's Go.

BJ Goat.

Animated-Flag-Hawaii.gif

xDtydB9.gif

Last edited:
He had a short "zone" but what a zone it was. The BJ that licked the blood off his gloves was truly prodigious and would give any LW past or present serious problems.

Also he owns one of the GOAT gifs too, universally speaking.

giphy.gif

Good thread BC, much needed for me because when I think of BJ sadly all I think of instantly is tippy toes Penn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goratchyk
Back