Zabit Magomedsharipov has notified the UFC he has decided to retire

Unfortunate, but at least we know it's official this time and we no longer have to speculate. I saw he was attempting to become a doctor which is a great profession and something the world needs more of.

The only downside will be the endless speculation about what he could have done by his fans which still lingers on these forums. Anyway, hopefully he is happy with his decision and at peace with it.

Smart choice. Was a 3 round fighter (really 2) in MMA. Would've done horribly in 5 rounders and he knew it. And chose an easier path can't blame him.

dana-white-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

Mate just notified me of that. Was always coming. I'll be honest I was never that bothered.....he was something different but you just knew he could fight 5 rounds based on his last couple performances. Kattar would've had him in a 5 rounder. Unique guy but dunno, I was never really a big fan.

Peace Out..

Until we get officially notified he's returning.
<seedat>

Too bad. Had a tremendous skillset combined with crazy length at 145. He obviously had his cardio issues, but those likely could have been at least partially corrected as he learned to pace himself better and cut down on the excessively flashy techniques. He could have at the very least been a top contender for a long time. But obviously his heart wasn't in the fight game, kudos to him for recognizing that and choosing a different path.

Back