"You're all a bunch of broke b*tches."

It's hard to do that when you've angered every person you've done business with and burned most of your bridges.

Do you have any citations for this? Other than Jorge Masvidal? The only thing I'm aware of is allegedly not paying a coach a fee, which Colby adamantly denied.

Little political spats among top level fighters isn't unique. It isn't even unique among low level competitors.

everyone will have varying levels of success of course but Colby has enough outreach to use it to his advantage to make a living off of coaching.

He kinda reminds me of Chael. Except instead of being funny he's extraordinarly unlikeable in every conceivable way.

Very similar to Chael, similar styles too (volume punching and now power and chaining takedowns together). They're both kinda boring so have to be a mouth to get big fights, and yeah Chael is way funnier.

no just as a sherdog housemate, you see there’s like 50 other threads that all say the same thing. you thought we needed another one?
I didn't think we needed another one. I knew we needed another.
[<cena1}

He should not have been given the mic after that dreadful performance

Do you have any citations for this? Other than Jorge Masvidal? The only thing I'm aware of is allegedly not paying a coach a fee, which Colby adamantly denied.
Pretty much all of ATT, right? Poirier isn't fond of him. Outside of that, Jon Jones, his old roommate, won't even fight on the same card as him according to Covington. That might be an unreliable source, but Jones has definitely tweeted about his distaste for Covington... And then deleted them. I believe he called him the worst person in the UFC. And then deleted that tweet as well. And I'm fairly certain Megan Anderson wouldn't fight on the same card as Colby because of sexual comments he made publicly about her and other fighters. You think any of those guys want to go train at a gym he owns? According to Jorge and Jones, it isn't just a coach he screwed over. He's burned every business and personal relationship he's had.
Very similar to Chael, similar styles too (volume punching and now power and chaining takedowns together). They're both kinda boring so have to be a mouth to get big fights, and yeah Chael is way funnier.
Chael was wittier. He started with canned, memorized lines borrowed from pro wrestling, but he could adjust and work around an interviewers questions. When Colby is hit with any pushback from someone verbally, he just keeps repeating the same line until they give up. Chael was legitimately funny at times. Quick witted and smart. He could tell a story and frame an argument. Colby can't frame a picture unless he's memorized the lines first.

Pretty much all of ATT, right? Poirier isn't fond of him. Outside of that, Jon Jones, his old roommate, won't even fight on the same card as him according to Covington. That might be an unreliable source, but Jones has definitely tweeted about his distaste for Covington... And then deleted them. I believe he called him the worst person in the UFC. And then deleted that tweet as well. And I'm fairly certain Megan Anderson wouldn't fight on the same card as Colby because of sexual comments he made publicly about her and other fighters. You think any of those guys want to go train at a gym he owns? According to Jorge and Jones, it isn't just a coach he screwed over. He's burned every business and personal relationship he's had.

Chael was wittier. He started with canned, memorized lines borrowed from pro wrestling, but he could adjust and work around an interviewers questions. When Colby is hit with any pushback from someone verbally, he just keeps repeating the same line until they give up. Chael was legitimately funny at times. Quick witted and smart. He could tell a story and frame an argument. Colby can't frame a picture unless he's memorized the lines first.

Eh... maybe. seems like you crack a few eggs along the way to being in 3 title fights. Megan Anderson is an absolute nobody and has no bearing on him running a gym or coaching. Jorge matters. Jones matters. But that's also all in context to training high level pro fighters. You can make a decent living without coaching UFC champions, which is more what I think would be realistic for him.

To say some of his peers don't like his schtick so nobody will go train with him seems like a stretch, but maybe I'm wrong.

Faber has no problem running his business out in California and that place is a junior high girls locker room of drama.

Eh... maybe. seems like you crack a few eggs along the way to being in 3 title fights. Megan Anderson is an absolute nobody and has no bearing on him running a gym or coaching. Jorge matters. Jones matters. But that's also all in context to training high level pro fighters. You can make a decent living without coaching UFC champions, which is more what I think would be realistic for him.

To say some of his peers don't like his schtick so nobody will go train with him seems like a stretch, but maybe I'm wrong.

Faber has no problem running his business out in California and that place is a junior high girls locker room of drama.
There's a difference between drama and whatever it is that Colby has done. This isn't a recent thing. This isn't a heel turn he took and now he's acting this way. Look at the way Jones talks about him. This was 4 years ago and in regards to Jones knowing him from years earlier:

And more recently
“Couldn’t agree with (Sean) Strickland anymore,” Colby (Covington) is by far the most heinous human being I’ve ever encountered in my life. I won’t even get into personal stories, he’s an absolutely terrible human being.”
That's a pretty rough way to talk about a person.

If they're paying the ridiculous UFC Vegas prices they're obviously not broke.

Faber is pretty savvy, he manages a ton of fighters and has spent a long time establishing himself within his community. Colby would be polarizing, even in the best of times, and I imagine it would be difficult to secure funding from investors given that unpredictability. Does he lean in to the character and pull in the gravy seal crowd at the expense of expertise? He could do it, obviously, but it’s a hard road even with a name.

Reactions: lsa
Colby is still a huge draw. People still talk about him and will pay for his fights in hopes of seeing him lose.
Nah that ship has sailed, he put on display for everyone to see, he cant cash the cheques his mouth writes anymore. Before this fight, people weren't sure if he still had anything or not. He answered that question loud and clear for us. Whatever he had, is long gone. Boring, slow and sloppy, he is what he is, noone's going to pay to watch that moving forward, even to see him lose. Stick a fork in cobly, he's done. Calling out wonderboy, really?

did he ever have any fans in the first place?

He tried to be a poor man's version of his idol Conor Mcgreggor, and it's worn off faster than an IG model hitting the age of 40+

When nothing about my finances has even been brought up at all in this thread? Please tell how you drew up that conclusion.

It's a meme, not a serious comment. We used to have an emoji on here with the text "you sound poor" with the image of Audrey Hepburn. The implication is that you felt addressed by Colby's comment, so you must be a "broke bitch", so you sound like you are poor. Again, not seriously.

I never said anything about views. In fact, I was saying Colby tried to get the crowd back on his side before saying what he really felt. Why I have to explain that, I don't know.

Why do you think that is how he really felt, and not just the momentary feeling and reaction to getting booed and have his attempt of getting the crowd on his side fail. Unless that is exactly what you mean with how he really felt, and you don't mean he felt that way before the reaction he got from the crowd. In which case, I don't see a reason why he would lose any more fans because of that comment, the people who were booing he already lost if they were fans before.

Little political spats among top level fighters isn't unique. It isn't even unique among low level competitors.

everyone will have varying levels of success of course but Colby has enough outreach to use it to his advantage to make a living off of coaching.

He literally got kicked out of his gym because all of his teammates hated him. Point to any random fighter and they probably hate Colby. You'd have an easier time making a list of fighters who like him.

Faber is pretty savvy, he manages a ton of fighters and has spent a long time establishing himself within his community. Colby would be polarizing, even in the best of times, and I imagine it would be difficult to secure funding from investors given that unpredictability. Does he lean in to the character and pull in the gravy seal crowd at the expense of expertise? He could do it, obviously, but it’s a hard road even with a name.

Faber is savvy, but even his gym was not immune to complete implosion and civil war among the fighters. It's a small community and volatile.

But in terms of success, Faber's gym is fine. tons of students, tons of income. I think Faber makes more money off of hobbyists than fighters, and I think that's generally true. Kids keep the lights on unless you get a fighter who strikes it rich.

Dana wasn't on his side at the post fight presser. He said Colby looked slow, said things that were uncalled for, shouldn't have sat out waiting for a shot, and was fairly critical of his performance overall. And Dana commented on Leon's speed and how Leon outwrestled him. Dana is a Trump supporter, but no fighter is his friend, except maybe Chuck.

Yeah but Dana's fucking snake who's notorious for throwing his fighters under the bus at pressers that way. He is a serpent, a wormbeast.

He kinda reminds me of Chael. Except instead of being funny he's extraordinarly unlikeable in every conceivable way.
I understand and get what you're saying, but Chael isn't funny or likable as well. Lol

Why do you think that is how he really felt, and not just the momentary feeling and reaction to getting booed and have his attempt of getting the crowd on his side fail. Unless that is exactly what you mean with how he really felt, and you don't mean he felt that way before the reaction he got from the crowd. In which case, I don't see a reason why he would lose any more fans because of that comment, the people who were booing he already lost if they were fans before.
I said he flipped out in frustration in another comment.

Back