• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You guys think there should be a set time for a ref count?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The subjective speed refs count which a lot of times has people complaining makes you think.
I've seen counts range from 7 to 15 seconds depending on if the ref rushes or starts inanciating like he's giving a special ed class.

Obviously that's not fair as if a guy that won a title and another guy didn't only cause a different ref didn't finish a count..
you gotta admit it makes the rules lose all sorts of legitimacy. It's even worse if they knocked down the same said title holder back to back.

What do you guys think should be done? maybe digital stopwatches that the ref holds and timer countdown is mirrored on the tv screen and audience screen when activated? give your thoughts

The ref picks up the timekeepers count, so it goes by the clock. I think a few refs take a little longer than they should deciding if the guy is fit to continue. Jack Reiss for sure.

Reiss takes like 20 secs to give a fighter time to recover. I like the guy, think he's one of the best refs for the most part, but his 10 count is more like a 20 count. I had money on Ramos and I didn't think there was any way he'd call that fight. He never seems to. I got lucky. But yeah Reiss gives way too long for a fighter to recover. It's like the long count plus 5 secs.

"Walk to me. Walk to the adjacent corner. What's 6 x 14? What's your Grandmother's maiden name? What's the most overrated kind of pie? What's your opinion on the ending of the Sopranos? Do a somersault. Walk back to me."

Jesus, Jack.. Thanks for stopping that fight, tho.

I heard Jack's brother Ron is gonna be reffing the Fury v Wilder rematch. @Blunderbuss

Reiss takes like 20 secs to give a fighter time to recover. I like the guy, think he's one of the best refs for the most part, but his 10 count is more like a 20 count. I had money on Ramos and I didn't think there was any way he'd call that fight. He never seems to. I got lucky. But yeah Reiss gives way too long for a fighter to recover. It's like the long count plus 5 secs.

"Walk to me. Walk to the adjacent corner. What's 6 x 14? What's your Grandmother's maiden name? What's the most overrated kind of pie? What's your opinion on the ending of the Sopranos? Do a somersault. Walk back to me."

Jesus, Jack.. Thanks for stopping that fight, tho.
Agree he stretches them out too much. His count is fine but his procedure after takes too long. Just ask the fighter to walk to you, ask if he wants to go and make the decision.

There is. The ref goes by the timekeeper--it's not his count.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back