Yordenis Ugas vs Abel Ramos Sept.6th PBC FOX (Tonight, Labor Day Sunday)

I don't know much about Ramos other than the fact that every time he's stepped up to the next level of opposition he's been beaten. He got stopped in 8 by Prograis & lost 10 round decisions to Ivan Baranchyk & Jamal James. So I'm thinking that Ugas should beat him too.

It's good that Ugas is getting another shot at a world title strap because he definitely deserves it after getting ripped off against Porter last year. I had him winning that fight by a score of 115-113 & that was being generous to Porter with a couple of rounds. I felt that Ugas totally outworked him throughout & landed the more significant blows.

There was a point in time that Ugas was a fairly disappointing prospect out of Cuba, but he's really gotten his shit together in the last 2 to 3 years and has become a very respectable fighter. He should beat Ramos but I actually think this is gonna be a fun fight w/ some really good body work/inside fighting involved. Ugas by UD in an entertaining scrap, imo.

Glad Ugas is getting another shot at a title, that fight with Porter was razor thin. Would've liked to see them run it back at the time.

Still didn't overturn the win for besputin , and why would ugas want the regular belt, when he's the mandatory for the WBC

"I can't be happier with what the WBA has dictated," Ugás said to George Ebro. "After all this time looking for a belt, I think I'm finally getting justice. I know Ramos wants what I want too, but I'm already getting ready and the motivation is now double."

yordenis-ugas%20(5)_2.jpg

Ugas will finally get a belt which he'll then lose in his first defense.

Omar Juárez 8-0 vs Dakota Linger 12-3-2

viktor slavinskyi 11-0-1 vs Juan tapia 9-3

added

The fight between interim junior welterweight world titlist Alberto Puello and former titlist Rances Barthelemy, which was scheduled as the co-feature of the Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox on Sept. 6 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, has been called off because the Dominican Republic’s Puello has issues with his visa, a source with knowledge of the situation told BoxingScene on Monday night.

The source said the plan is to Puello’s visa issue resolved and reschedule the bout for later in the year. PBC has numerous cards on both Fox and Showtime scheduled for the rest of 2020 with several televised slots that have to be filled.

The 26-year-old Puello (17-0, 9 KOs) won the WBA’s vacant interim 140-pound belt by unanimous decision – 115-113 on all three scorecards – over countryman Jonathan Alonso, who was undefeated at the time, in July 2019.

alberto-puello.jpg

The fight between Puello and Barthelemy was due to be Puello’s first fight outside of the Dominican Republic and his first interim title defense.

I don't know much about Ramos other than the fact that every time he's stepped up to the next level of opposition he's been beaten. He got stopped in 8 by Prograis & lost 10 round decisions to Ivan Baranchyk & Jamal James. So I'm thinking that Ugas should beat him too.

It's good that Ugas is getting another shot at a world title strap because he definitely deserves it after getting ripped off against Porter last year. I had him winning that fight by a score of 115-113 & that was being generous to Porter with a couple of rounds. I felt that Ugas totally outworked him throughout & landed the more significant blows.
One of those slow gritty types. He dropped Baranchyk too. He also had a come from behind last second KO of Perrella. Reminds me of Granados.

WBA is a fucking joke. They have a Super WW champion and already have an Interim WW champion. Why are they trying to make a Regular WW champion?

Back