Would Colby Covington Be The Champ In GSP's Era If GSP Never Existed?

If Matt Serra can tko George then Colby could too.
Serra had power in his hands and he hit the lottery that night. If Colby got insanely lucky GSP would simply rip him a new asshole in the rematch.

Serra had power in his hands and he hit the lottery that night. If Colby got insanely lucky GSP would simply rip him a new asshole in the rematch.
Colby is too good for anybody to say somebody would easily/obviously beat him.

Josh Koscheck wrestled at the same weight class as Colby in college, & he was NCAA Div 1 champion, runner up, 3rd place, & 4th place nationally in 4 yrs of college. His accomplishments dwarf Colby in collegiate wrestling. Yes, Colby strikes with more volume & has more diverse striking (Kos is kind of predictable) but sometimes styles make fights, & a bad style matchup for Colby is someone who can outwrestle him. GSP's era had a lot of good wrestlers, & styles make fights, even though I think Colby has good striking (for a guy from a wrestling background)

Not saying Colby couldn't be champ but its not a slam dunk by any means

Not only Hendricks..

Josh Kos, Anthony Johnson, Rick story, Pitbull, Jon Fitch etc etc and many more.. Even lightweights such as Bendo, Rustam Khabliov, Khabib etc etc beats him

beats up covington? Dude you’re clearly a hater. Only one who beats him on that list is maybe johnson, if he ko’s him. If not there isnt a chance johnson lasts 3-5 rounds with colbys pace after that cut to 175. Were you even alive to see them fight?

Prime gsp vs colby would be a war. Even though the division has evolved, im not sure colby would make it past gsp’s jab to do much.

I don't know, some tough fights for him back then. Guys like Alves and Hendricks would be tough fights.

MMA has some of the worst fans...

I think it's because unlike other sports where people love to play and participate, on top of watching... MMA has a lot of fat folks who never trained a day and hence they don't have that passion for the sport... they just want blood-rushing entertainment.

Martial arts is so different here in the EAST. Out there it really is just "cage fighting" to some people.

Colby Has absolutely zero weapons to threaten prime GSP. He has nothing. No power in his hands whatsoever, wrestling that will not get it done. GSP walks to victory with ease.

I am no fan of the fighting style of either fighter, but pillow fist George would be unable to do anything versus Colby. It would be a boring fight and Colby would easily win the pillow fist strike count. One dimensional GSP wouldn't get a single TD and without that he is in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back