WMMA Isn’t bad it’s just...

There just isn't a lot of serious girls out there. Once we get more professionals on par with JJ, Zhang, Rose, Shev, Amanda, Aldana, Suarez, Ansaroff and Yan, we'll have nothing to complain about.

It’s absolute trash. Throw Val, Amanda, & zhang in with the dudes & replace the wmma fights with instagram thot lingerie grappling.

Strawweight is the only division with any real depth at the moment. For 125, 135, and 145, it has basically gotten to the point where it's:
1.) The champion, a world-class talent.
2.) Everyone else who gets periodically fed to the above every now and then.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but it is what it is.

Strawweight is the only division with any real depth at the moment. For 125, 135, and 145, it has basically gotten to the point where it's "the champion, a world-class talent... and then everyone else who gets periodically fed to them every now and then". I'm exaggerating a bit, but it is what it is.

135 has depth as well

Irene Aldana, Aspen Ladd, Holly Holm and Ketlen
Viera would all be the no.1 contender at 125

You need a 125 division so that natural 125ers don't have dangerously cut to 115 or forced to fight at 135.

In the meantime, we are currently at the stage where underserving fighters will be weeded out of 125 so that the division could be filled with legit contenders.

135 has depth as well

In comparison to FW and FLW? Sure, in the sense that most of the Top 10 girls are pretty decent and could potentially defeat a lot of the others on any given day. That said, it's still well behind Strawweight in overall depth of talent and I don't see any legitimate contenders to dethrone Amanda among them. Nunes has either finished or earned a dominant decision over many of the Top 10 and those she hasn't beaten already have losses to those she has. And while normally I'd laugh at someone using the logic I just did because "MMath" and "styles make fights", in the cases of these particular women I haven't seen anything from them which convinces me that they'd be a bad stylistic matchup for Amanda.

I
You need a 125 division so that natural 125ers don't have dangerously cut to 115 or forced to fight at 135.

In the meantime, we are currently at the stage where underserving fighters will be weeded out of 125 so that the division could be filled with legit contenders.

Don’t agree with that at all.

there’s girls too small for 115 is it time to
make atom weight?

If you wanna make WMMA, just stick to one division: 120. Thats it.

WFLW division will develop very soon to be a competitive division: Agapova, Calvillo, and there'll be more talents that will be added to WFLW, is just that Valentina make the division look bad due to her dominance.
WFW instead is poor and I think they can keep the division around but just don't put the belt on the line, like what happened in the past with the LW division.
ah, and add the Atom Weight (105lbs) division.

No for gay jesus
FlatAdorableCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gif

They fight for peanuts and have high drawing potential (Ronda)

that’s the main reason it’s being pushed so hard by the UFC

Megan Anderson isnt that bad is she? and FW has some decent contenders like GDR.
Anderson cant get a decent win in the UFC, got submitted by Spencer...got dominated by Holm (135er), GDR is good, but she is another 135er, if anything FW is the absolute worst division, the last FW title fight was a joke, Spencer also looks like a 135er that doesnt want to cut the weight, at least FLW can get fighters from 135 and 115, having Eye as #1 is beyond me.

Agreed. I dont mind watching Zhang, Joanna, Rose, Amanda, Shevchenko, Andrade and a couple of others. Its this nonsense of a division that is really in the way of every enjoyable card.

Covid or not, under no circumstances should two WFLW fighters who have missed weight in their last fights be the main event. Especially considering one is ranked number 1 (somehow) and the other isn't ranked at all.
Absolutely, i have NO idea how a prelim fight got to headline, ESPN forcing WMMA on us?

Serious question, I think it's safe to say that most serious mma fans couldn't care less about WMMA. There may be a few exceptions and interesting fights now and then, like any matchup between Nunes, Cyborg, or Shevchenko matched up with each other, but the vas majority of female fighters are just trash in comparison to their male counterparts.

Take any other serious sport. Take NFL, how many dudes do you know who are NFL fans, and are also following women's football? How bout NBA fans who are also following the WNBA? Soccer fans who follow women's soccer? You probably dont know many, IF ANY. The average NBA or NFL fan probably cant name 2 women who play the sport, I know I cant. Why? Because they dont give a shit, for the same reason that a person will watch the World Cup, but probably couldn't care less about the amateur soccer tournament at his local high school.

No doubt this will bring the white knights out. This is the part where I'll be called sexist, insecure, or whatever other accusations they wish to project. But all flaming aside, not one of them will be able to come up with a legit argument. And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting they stop doing women's mma, if there are ladies willing to fight, and there are people willing to pay to see it, then great. What I dont understand is why it is being forced down our throats and why these fights are mixed in with male competitions?

I know you can go take a piss when a female fight is on, I know last night I got to turn off my tv after the co main event, I know that no one is making me sit and watch it with toothpicks in my eyes.... but still, it makes no real sense unless it's part of the same woke indoctrination that's going on everywhere else. Saying just ignore it is not really realistic, you can skip a specific fight, but if you were watching last nights event you had countless promos of two soccer moms shoved in your face just in the first hour. It feels too much like the whole Orwellian groupthink that's spreading through society today, like you cant just accept someone else's rights, it's not just enough that women's mma exists, you HAVE to absorb it, you have to acknowledge it, you have to champion it.... like seriously, fuck off!!

<{clintugh}>

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Otherwise, it's here to stay.

Last edited:
Back