• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will the Bucks leave Milwaukee?

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the Bradley Center were to be built today (based off of my calculations (wikipedia)).... it would cost $181million dollars.

Miller Park (with a retractable roof) would cost $533million.

The Bucks already have $200million to put towards a new arena. They want in excess of $400million to get the new arena.
The only reason the Brewers got a new Stadium is because the tax burden was spread over 5 counties (including Milwaukee). Racine county voted against it but George Petak (Senator) decided to vote in favor of it, going against his constituents... which ultimately lead to recall election that lead to him losing that seat.

In Wisconsin there's much more support for the Brewers than the Bucks.
If the Brewers needed a total of 5 counties to get Miller Park paid for, I just don't see any of those counties willing to help alleviate the tax burder for the Bucks.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I don't see the Bucks staying in Wisconsin.

No.

Part of the deal with the sale was the new owners had to keep them in Milwaukee.

You're thinking of Beeker. I said John Henson. Two different, albeit similar looking individuals.

I doubt it. Kohl was pretty hellbent on keeping the team there and finding the right people that would do that. If he didnt care he would just sell it to the Seattle people who would have likely offered more money. I believe he has a share in the team still as well even though hes not the owner anymore but I might be wrong on that.

The new owners and Kohl putting money toward it is a big plus, that wasnt the case with Miller Park. I think they'll get it done. Yeah more people care about the Brewers because the Bucks are terrible now but so were the Brewers when Miller Park was built.

I don't think so.

They'll stay put. As for the clause that says the team needs to stay. I think that comes with some clauses, if they make every effort to get an updated stadium done and say 4-5 years go by and no progress has been made from what I understand they'd be able to start the moving process

Back