Why did they match up 45 years old sexyama vs Nieky Holzken in a mostly striking affair again ?

I really wanna know because it was stupid as hell and I'm pissed
Don't know? They are......

so-stupid-shelly-marsh.gif

Will still watch though.

i think chatri is purposely trying to hurt the japanese fighters brand/image. he stood up meetings with Rizin and K1 for potential cross promotion matches and then you have these match ups. akiyama didn't deserve that. if you're going to make that match up, at least give him a MMA round first, or their favorite, man grappling.

i think chatri is purposely trying to hurt the japanese fighters brand/image. he stood up meetings with Rizin and K1 for potential cross promotion matches and then you have these match ups. akiyama didn't deserve that. if you're going to make that match up, at least give him a MMA round first, or their favorite, man grappling.

Looks pretty much like that. 8 years difference and 2 full rounds of striking against a freaking striking elite. The third round in MMA was just cosmetic. I'm angry at sexyama to for accepting this shit. Hope he got paid well at least

Chatri needs to heed his own advice and stop Asian hate.

Trying to understand some JMMA match ups..............<Dany07>

Looks pretty much like that. 8 years difference and 2 full rounds of striking against a freaking striking elite. The third round in MMA was just cosmetic. I'm angry at sexyama to for accepting this shit. Hope he got paid well at least
Yea what a way to disrespect a JMMA / KMMA legend. I always try to vouch for ONE but that was a piss poor move.

Chatri needs to heed his own advice and stop Asian hate.

Agreed, that was really bad and hateful. Bad Chatri.

I was extremely salty too. Chatri pulled a dick move. He had to of known what was going to happen.

Should have been stopped after first knock down

I've got my theories, but anyone with a degree of fandom beyond the last decade, and aware of who Akiyama is, understands that this fight wasn't designed with the intention of him actually having a chance to win. Him even making it to round 3 would have been shocking. So I view it as a blatant act of disrespect, but, to whom?

Interesting, too, when we consider that, in the time leading up to the card, Chatri disrespected both RIZIN and K1, who'd setup meetings with Chatri, and who no showed both.

Idk the whats or whys, but it seems clear that there is some kind of animosity between Chatri and the Japanese orgs. Could be, too, if Akiyama is coming up to the end of his contract, that he made it clear that he intends to (try to) keep fighting, and that he doesn't intend to do it with ONE. After a beating like that, and at 48 years old, it will be a hard sell, to fight him in any org.

I hope there is genuine animosity of sorts, bc we are gonna find out exactly how gangster is Chatri. We already know that those Japanese orgs are about that life.

I thought he was fighting a girl

Back