Who Wins? Pride Anderson Silva or WW Champion BJ Penn?

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Let's say when Anderson fought at 170 in Pride. And UFC did a cross promotion (like Rampage vs Chuck Liddell) when BJ Penn was at 170 and the Champ. Who wins and how?

Prime Anderson by domination and I love BJ Penn but Anderson was on level or two above Penn.

It's kind of Silva's fight to lose. If it stays standing, Silva will likely take the decision. If it hits the mat and stays there, Penn has the advantage, but I don't think Penn could have taken Silva down. Penn's wrestling worked because he mixed it with effective striking, and I just don't see him getting enough clean hits to make Silva forget about the takedown threat. I give Silva the cardio advantage too. But I think Penn's WW champ chin was top tier and not even Silva would have cracked it.

It's kind of Silva's fight to lose. If it stays standing, Silva will likely take the decision. If it hits the mat and stays there, Penn has the advantage, but I don't think Penn could have taken Silva down. Penn's wrestling worked because he mixed it with effective striking, and I just don't see him getting enough clean hits to make Silva forget about the takedown threat. I give Silva the cardio advantage too. But I think Penn's WW champ chin was top tier and not even Silva would have cracked it.

BJ took down better wrestlers than himself..

He sure did.

After gaining their respect with his boxing.

Please read the whole post before commenting.

Again. Prime BJ had iron chin and descent hands. He would get in on a pride Anderson and take him down and sub him. Takase ground game was nowhere near BJ ability on the ground.

It's not even a question.

Reactions: G10
Silva lost via something as flashy as a flying sub. Penn would sub him.

Anderson would be way too big for BJ, and would light him up on the feet with his reach (77 and 1/2 inches vs. BJ's 70)

Anderson would be way too big for BJ, and would light him up on the feet with his reach (77 and 1/2 inches vs. BJ's 70)

Then how did someone as small as takase with less skills.... I mean A LOT .. beat Anderson....?

and at the end of the day Anderson can't beat Jake Paul and BJ can't win bar fights
<BC1><mma4>

Reactions: G10
Then how did someone as small as takase with less skills.... I mean A LOT .. beat Anderson....?

It's MMA, anything could happen. BJ could of course beat Anderson, but I'd favor Anderson to win 8 times out of 10.

How did Matt Serra beat GSP... you could say that about most fighters.

It's MMA, anything could happen. BJ could of course beat Anderson, but I'd favor Anderson to win 8 times out of 10.

How did Matt Serra beat GSP... you could say that about most fighters.

No matt serra wasn't a bad fighter to begin with. Takase was terrible lol.

Prime BJ was a difficult fight . Iron chin, ko power , bjj, wrestling defense , takedowns , subs , sub defense .

He gives pride Anderson alot of problems. UFC Anderson obviously not.

Let's say when Anderson fought at 170 in Pride. And UFC did a cross promotion (like Rampage vs Chuck Liddell) when BJ Penn was at 170 and the Champ. Who wins and how?

Bj. I've I already listed why.

Back