Who Killed WCW? [New TV series] Premieres June 4 on VICE

I'm looking forward to this, especially since it's directed by the man who had no competition by th time he peaked in 2000

I'm looking forward to this, especially since it's directed by the man who had no competition by th time he peaked in 2000

Not sure if you've ever read the Eric Bischoff book "Controversy Creates Cash" but he kind of goes into why WCW was killed. It has been awhile since I read that book but when Ted Turner was no longer running TBS and TNT that basically killed WCW. Eric mentioned that once Turner lost his power he couldn't get answers and do the things needed. He also had no desire to get Thunder off the ground. It was pretty much forced that the show had to be made.

When you look back at it. Did the Monday Night Wars end in late 1999? Because let's face it. 2000 was when the boom period ended

My expectations are set to low. Very low. In reality, Turner brass always hated being associated with rasslin and Jamie Kellner pulled the plug even when Nitro and Thunder were still the highest rated shows on TNT and TBS.

When you look back at it. Did the Monday Night Wars end in late 1999? Because let's face it. 2000 was when the boom period ended
IMO, it unofficially ended on May 10 99 when Raw was unopposed and did an 8.1 (not a single segment, the ENTIRE two hour episode).
2000 was the WWF's best year financially until recently. It was great creatively too since Chris Kreski was in charge of creative until the fall.

Edit: The hate for rasslin went nuclear when Nitro got put on TNT because that was always supposed to be the "upscale" Turner network.

Last edited:
He should do whats right for the business and bring it outta retirement for one night so David Arquette can restore some of its luster and honor
I love that Vince never got his grubby hands on the actual Big Gold Belt.
But I hate that Conrad has it.

Back