• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Which UFC Card ACTUALLY Better: UFC: Saudi Arabia Vs UFC: Abu Dhabi??

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There's a pretty heavy debate online about which card is actually better?
UFC Saudi or UFC: Abu Dhabi??

UFC Saudi Arabia (June 22nd):

ufc saudi.jpg

UFC: Abu Dhabi(August 3rd):
ufc abu dhabi.jpg

You have to ask?

invB33U.gif

The main events are nearly equal, I think the Saudi card has the better card though.

The two old dinosaurs fighting on the Abu Dhabi card will bring some intrigue but it's probably going to leave us feeling very sad.

Saudi Arabia, and it's not even close.

That's not to say the Saudi card is great, but the Abu Dhabi card is atrocious:
  • Nick's lost 4 fights in a row, literally quit in his last fight, and hasn't won in 13 years. It's wild that anyone is interested in his "return."
  • Tony's lost 7 fights in a row and has lost 21 out of his last 23 rounds. He shouldn't even have a license to fight anymore.
  • Chiesa's lost 3 fights in a row.
  • 7 out of the 10 fighters on the Abu Dhabi card are coming off losses.

you can only say after the fights played out

some cards who seemed weak in the past ended with fight of the year, and lots of finish

More meaningful should be the Saudi card. It has more legit contender fights. Also LOL at the Saudi card not having any WMMA.

Edit: I was under the impression Ihor was out?

Saudia Arabia card easily

Only care about the Sandhagen fight on the other card because rest of the fights are not interesting or have no implications. Vera fight could be the exception but I'm so tired of Vera's average ass and I believe Figgy is getting too old now anyways

Abu Dhabi has more big names, but less interesting matchups
Altho I wouldn't say I'm head over heels for fights like Gastelum/D-Rod(fun, both are a bit washed) or Shara/Potiero? Idk how that's still booked, but I'm not big on that fight simply cuz I think it's a pretty easy matchup that doesn't really test Shara all that much.

I think both have great main events and fights like Sergei/Volkov and Vera/Figgy really make these solid fight nights. They're both pretty close, however I'm gonna lean with the Saudi card simply because I think the Nick/Luque and Chiesa/Tony bouts will be depressing to watch(insane to make Nick/Luque five rounds btw)

Back