Which fight would you have preferred to see, Islam-Charles 2 or Islam-Volk 2 (short notice)

Which fight would you have preferred to see at UFC 294?

• Charles-Islam 2

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • Islam-Volk 2 (short notice)

Votes: 30 36.1%

• Total voters
This is not ideal. Volk and Islam both have work to do in their respective divisions before meeting up again.

I voted the Charles fight, because even though it's a rematch, it's not an immediate one (like the Volk fight is)

I like the Volk rematch only slightly more, but that's in isolation.

In total, I'd rather see Islam vs Charles full camp AND Volk vs Topuria without any threat of that not happening cuz Volk takes another fight before it.

I'm just hoping Islam can win this rematch so we can get to the Charles rematch, then we can finally get some new blood at the top with the Arman rematch. That should be enough time for Hooker and Bobby Green to keep their streaks up and get their rematches, building to eventually the ultimate rematch of Islam vs Dober, since he knows how to beat Islam now.

Islam vs. Gamrot, too many rematches. But if it’s between the two, the fight between two full camp fighters was preferable. Kind of a shame to have a fight of this magnitude happen on short notice.

I wonder if his weight is too far off. He just fought and may not have actually thought he'd have to cut it.
He was apparently touted as the backup for a title fight. If he's not within weight cuz he didn't think he'd have to, that's a career suicide level of stupidity.

Well

Okamoto just reported that he is furious about being left out.
So he should. What's the point of a backup if you're not the backup?

Guess Colby's backup = # 1 contender reasoning just got even weaker

Last edited:
Style wise... gamrot would've been fun

Back