Where do *YOU* think *OTHER* War Room regulars sit on the U.S political spectrum?

i nominate cubo as lord commander of the night's watch. fuck alliser thorne.

What are the key positions that define a Libertarian (in your mind)?

Hands off on economic and social issues. For economic issues, that would be less regulation, little safety net, and smaller government. Socially, it would be not interfering with personal choices that don't affect others. Pro gay marriage, pro choice, etc. the social aspect likely could be turned a few ways when it comes to defending individual liberties using government but the main point is to leave people to themselves

Hands off on economic and social issues. For economic issues, that would be less regulation, little safety net, and smaller government. Socially, it would be not interfering with personal choices that don't affect others. Pro gay marriage, pro choice, etc. the social aspect likely could be turned a few ways when it comes to defending individual liberties using government but the main point is to leave people to themselves
Seems reasonable

That's me. <shrug>

Dont think I have seen any centrists. I could be called left pretty easily, although others have called me center left in the past. rip/RIP/skip would all be far right.

Like the difference between a map and a globe?

I wouldn't consider the square to be like a globe. It's just all-around misleading.

Though i think there is more complexity to social issues then that square gives off, it still breaks it down in a simple way. You are either for government inference on economic and social issues or not. A libertarian wouldn't be for interference in the sense they wouldn't prevent people from doing what they want. An authoritarian would.

A right-wing libertarian is for a gov't (even if not called "gov't") determining who owns all property in society and the rules by which property changes hands and enforcing those claims and rules and denying regular people any input into that process as well as into governance generally. It's deeply authoritarian on the economy. They just redefine terms to obscure that fact.

I like the idea of this thread but it wont work here. American's spectrum looks so different from ours.

tDlRk.jpg

A right-wing libertarian is for a gov't (even if not called "gov't") determining who owns all property in society and the rules by which property changes hands and enforcing those claims and rules and denying regular people any input into that process as well as into governance generally. It's deeply authoritarian on the economy. They just redefine terms to obscure that fact.
The giveaway is often that they are for free movement of capital, but not of labor (though like you point out, not even really freedom for capital in many cases).

Back