Where are the Tang Soo Do fighters?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Like seriously, is there no one who trains Tang Soo Do anymore?

Also does anyone know who the Tang Soo Do girl is at 1:20?

Doing deadly shit that would be illegal in MMA.

Why do these questions pop up all of the time?

Edit: TS makes some really interesting threads...

They're training with the JiuBoxFu people. The SAFTA people are coming back as well.

What about pit and trap fighters?

Pat Smith had a black belt in Tang Soo Do (among a few others), that dude was a very good fighter for the time.

Doing deadly shit that would be illegal in MMA.

Why do these questions pop up all of the time?

Edit: TS makes some really interesting threads...
Yeah he makes a lot of these threads. I don’t know what his game is

They can't compete cuz their hands are registered as deadly weapons, wouldn't be fair to the professional MMA fighters.

Chuck_Norris_1.jpg

Chun Kuk Do?

I gotta admit, I've only met a small handful of people who said they were training TSD (only), and not only did every one of them have the skills of the most basic mcdojos, but they also carried an above level arrogance that is usually stamped out and made humble in any other old school traditionally-based art.

But that's a small sample size.

Ive watched that video and it looks like theyre over in South Korea. Time to hop on a plane.
Jokes aside they look like Olympic TKD fighters. One of the worst disciplines to have a background in if your goal is to become a professional fighter IMO. Too much running in with hands down and heads up high.

They're training with the JiuBoxFu people. The SAFTA people are coming back as well.

Don't you dare compare that shit to Tang Soo Do!!!!!

What about pit and trap fighters?

What about those goofs?

TSD is not a TMA. Its actually quit new.

Its a mix of ancient martial arts of china, japan and Korea.

Chun Kuk Do?

I gotta admit, I've only met a small handful of people who said they were training TSD (only), and not only did every one of them have the skills of the most basic mcdojos, but they also carried an above level arrogance that is usually stamped out and made humble in any other old school traditionally-based art.

But that's a small sample size.

So you met few bad apples and now they are all bad!?

Nice critical thinking there brah!

@BisexualMMA please back me up on this. I am overwhelmed by fools right now! ( thread was from December, before January 1st which is before you know what:) )

Back