Whats with this blatant overhype of smaller fighters

Reyes Lost

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not really understanding. People will say choscheck Sera matt Hughes Jake shields and everyone gsp beat are world beaters, they are clearly not and a lot of them are single trick poneys

With Usman he beat Woodley Colby masvidal and burns now people are saying he's goat contender

Khabib is even worse he crushes cans harder than Fedor in his prime gets a couple of wins against 5 10 MID TEAR strikers with no wrestling and people are all of a sudden crying GOAT with three defences

Then you have Jon Jones runs through the next generation of light heavyweights on his way to the title finishes them makes it look easy beats a legend in stephan Bonnar OUTCLASSES Ryan Baders whos the total package and the supposed future champ DOMINATES murders row of light hevayweights world champion after world champion, obliterates shogun freaking hua in one of the most one sided fights in mma history to become champion goes through knocknout artists like rampage dropped blazing fast machida who at one point was close to unbeatable like a sack of potatoes, makes Rashad Evans the dude who used to own him in practice look like a rookie, dominates TRT Belfort juiced to the gills knocking out people left and right WITH A BROKEN ARM, destroys chael sonnen, has one of the greatest fights in mma history and defeats gus, puts on a clinic against prime 20 fight win streak glover teixeira, defeats an absolute monster in Daniel Cormier undefeated at the time never lost a round in his caarreer, beats OSP despite Jon being clearly rusty but still dominates OSP, beats dc again being the first man to finish him, comes back and spanks gus even faster, then goes on to run through a new generation of light heavyweights

ARE YOU SERIOUS, what do a bunch of under 6 feet tall mid tier strikers and wrestlers have up against Jon Jones competition please explain

Hes the clear goat

I understood arguments for both Gsp and Anderson although Jon clearly outshines the both of them but these new so called GOAT candidates don't even come close. Is it recency bias? Are fans just bias towards smaller fighters, DOES BEING A FEW INCHES UNDER 6 FEET MAKE THEM THAT MUCH MORE LETHAL?

Last edited:
TLDR Go read the other hundred threads created by retards with the exact same thesis.
Nothing dumb about it light weight and middle weight are overhyped bud, I don't see a big difference from skill compared to the upper divisions, as compared to featherweight and below because they are so freaking fast. Everyone talks about how skilled these divisions are but a lot of them are just wrestlers and mid tier strikers nothing scary about either of those divisions.

I'm not really understanding. People will say choscheck Sera matt Hughes Jake shields and everyone gsp beat are world beaters, they are clearly not and a lot of them are single trick poneys

With Usman he beat Woodley Colby masvidal and burns now people are saying he's goat contender

Khabib is even worse he crushes cans harder than Fedor in his prime gets a couple of wins against 5 10 MID TEAR strikers with no wrestling and people are all of a sudden crying GOAT with three defences

Then you have Jon Jones runs through the next generation of light heavyweights om his way to the title finishes them makes it look easy beats a legend in stephan Bonnar OUTCLASSES Ryan Baders whos the total package and the supposed future champ DOMINATES murders row of light hevayweights world champion after world champion, obliterates shogun freaking hua in one of the most one sided fights in mma history to become champion goes through knocknout artists like rampage dropped blazing fast machida who at one point was close to unbeatable like a sack of potatoes, makes Rashad Evans the dude who used to own him in practice look like a rookie, dominates TRT Belfort juiced to the gills knocking out people left and right WITH A BROKEN ARM, destroys chael sonnen, has one of the greatest fights in mma history and defeats gus, puts on a clinic against prime 20 fight win streak glover teixeira, defeats an absolute monster in Daniel Cormier undefeated at the time never lost a round in his caarreer, beats OSP despite Jon being clearly rusty but still dominates OSP, beats dc again being the first man to finish him, comes back and spanks gus even faster, then goes on to run through a new generation of light heavyweights

ARE YOU SERIOUS, what do a bunch of under 6 feet tall mid tier strikers and wrestlers have up against Jon Jones competition please explain

Hes the clear goat

I understood arguments for both Gsp and Anderson although Jon clearly outshines the both of them but these new so called GOAT candidates don't even come close. Is it recency bias? Are fans just bias towards smaller fighters, DOES BEING A FEW INCHES UNDER 6 FEET MAKE THEM THAT MUCH MORE LETHAL?

What's with the extreme heightism bias that you have? What about Demetrius Johnson? lol he's the true GOAT. .. lol with that being said.. if you think about it.. the pool of fighters at 6'0 and under is much larger.. simply because the average height of a man is 5'9" so when you start going up and height.. obviously you take every single champion at every weight class into one openweight tourney like Pride days.. and the LHW or most likely the HW champion is going to win.. but when you are talking pound for pound.. inch for inch.. dominating by every little aspect of the body, using technique strength and skill.. well.. sometimes you can be a smaller guy but be more well rounded.. shouldn't be hard to understand. So add that to the fact that LW, and WW are loaded with more fighters attempting to own the belt.. More fighters = lower chance to be that last guy on top. That's where I assume the logic comes into play, but really being the GOAT trancends weightclasses.. its all about how well you dominate whatever class your in as if none of the other weightclasses existed because in their world it basically doesn't. Anyways that's how I look at it, with that being said JJ is the P4P best fighter the UFC has ever seen and maybe will ever see... who knows only time will tell.

What's with the extreme heightism bias that you have? What about Demetrius Johnson? lol he's the true GOAT. .. lol with that being said.. if you think about it.. the pool of fighters at 6'0 and under is much larger.. simply because the average height of a man is 5'9" so when you start going up and height.. obviously you take every single champion at every weight class into one openweight tourney like Pride days.. and the LHW or most likely the HW champion is going to win.. but when you are talking pound for pound.. inch for inch.. dominating by every little aspect of the body, using technique strength and skill.. well.. sometimes you can be a smaller guy but be more well rounded.. shouldn't be hard to understand. So add that to the fact that LW, and WW are loaded with more fighters attempting to own the belt.. More fighters = lower chance to be that last guy on top. That's where I assume the logic comes into play, but really being the GOAT trancends weightclasses.. its all about how well you dominate whatever class your in as if none of the other weightclasses existed because in their world it basically doesn't. Anyways that's how I look at it, with that being said JJ is the P4P best fighter the UFC has ever seen and maybe will ever see... who knows only time will tell.
I have NOTHING against smaller fighters I'm just saying the ones at welter weight and lightweight aren't as great as people hype them up to be the people at 145 and lower in the top ten historically have been MONSTERS. Demetrius Johnson Henry Cejudo TJ Dillashaw Jose Aldo Max Holloway are BEASTS. There is no doubt about it, but part of the reason they fight so good is because their size makes them FAST. Also they are all extremely talented strikers. Mendes in his prime was a scarey ass likw a mini dc. It just makes me laugh when people try and make guys like dustin porier or Josh Coscheck Shields Gilber Burns seem like world beaters they're really not and no where near the level of fighting prowes of some of thr fighters I mentioned.

Whats more impressive is that Jones was only roiding half the time unlike GSP

Walker is number 9 at 205

I am sorry but it's a shit division

You said he raided through half his carreer thats a strong accusation so show me all the fights he tested positive for. Go ahead.
Oh Yeah no doubt now its shit but 2005 - 2015 it was THEshit. 2016 - 2017 The top 4 in Jon Gus Rumble and DC held it down.

Beating Conor, Poirier, and Gaethje is a better resume than losing to Reyes and Santos

Nothing to see here, just a troll account fishing for responses. Must be a slow Sunday

The best talent in this sport is at 170 and under, that's the facts. Guys bigger than that that are A level athletes go play team sports and make way more money.

Then you have Jon Jones runs through the next generation of light heavyweights on his way to the title finishes them makes it look easy beats a legend in stephan Bonnar OUTCLASSES Ryan Baders whos the total package and the supposed future champ DOMINATES murders row of light hevayweights world champion after world champion, obliterates shogun freaking hua in one of the most one sided fights in mma history to become champion goes through knocknout artists like rampage dropped blazing fast machida who at one point was close to unbeatable like a sack of potatoes, makes Rashad Evans the dude who used to own him in practice look like a rookie, dominates TRT Belfort juiced to the gills knocking out people left and right WITH A BROKEN ARM, destroys chael sonnen, has one of the greatest fights in mma history and defeats gus, puts on a clinic against prime 20 fight win streak glover teixeira, defeats an absolute monster in Daniel Cormier undefeated at the time never lost a round in his caarreer, beats OSP despite Jon being clearly rusty but still dominates OSP, beats dc again being the first man to finish him, comes back and spanks gus even faster, then goes on to run through a new generation of light heavyweights

Hes the clear goat

Shogun - injured, small LHW
Rampage - out of his prime
Machida - MW
Vitor - MW
Rashad - MW
Chael - MW
Gus - very close fight, a fighter on his physical size
Glover - good fighter, but nothing special
DC - hands down, no comment!
The body of old, injured, out of shape Gus
Smith - the fact that he couldn't finish Smith is baffling
Santos - very close fight
Reyes - Reyes won, deal with it!

Not to mention the constant eye poking and the steroid use.

Sure, people can use similar arguments for Silva, Khabib, GSP, Fedor.

Back