What does this betting section lack the most? Suggestions?

FimbulFightPicks

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Personally I´ve enjoyed this betting section for several years since I joined, and I know some people don´t think its as good as it once was, and maybe it isn´t. But that doesn´t mean it can´t improve.

I was thinking if anyone care to answer, what do you feel could improve this betting section?

I was thinking what I see is there is a serious lack of betting content for NON-UFC related events. But I was wondering, for those of you who are into Non-UFC, if you care for breakdowns and bets, what kind of organizations would you prefer there was more content for on this forum?

These days we got so many organizations like KSW, LFA, PFL, Oktagon, ACA, Fury FC, Eagle FC, etc.

Is there any specific promotion you´d wish there was more content/breakdowns for on this forum or just overall more focus on?

And any other things you feel could improve this forum? I´d like to try be more active as I really enjoy this forum section, as there are so many great people here so figured I´d ask.

just need more activity, especially from sharp people. I know lots have gone, but new ones can always come up. As long we don't write bullshit on forums for the younger generations. When I was a nobody I was learning from Sads, Soccer Steve, Pig Lord, Ryan, True Ascension etc. Need less random as $2 parlays being posted with 0 breakdowns. Actually encourage breaking down matchups from technical perspectives and value betting.

just need more activity, especially from sharp people. I know lots have gone, but new ones can always come up. As long we don't write bullshit on forums for the younger generations. When I was a nobody I was learning from Sads, Soccer Steve, Pig Lord, Ryan, True Ascension etc. Need less random as $2 parlays being posted with 0 breakdowns. Actually encourage breaking down matchups from technical perspectives and value betting.

Some people gamble completely for the fun and the thrill of gambling and doesent want to give a detailed report on why they think a ceritan fighter will win. I see nothing wrong with 2$ parlays as long as he is not clogging up the board post after post then keep doing it.

I used to post every day, but I don't have the time to check Sherdog every day+ read everyone's posts + respond to posts.

I've been more active for the past few weeks cuz I've been on vacation.

Maybe have a dedicated thread that has each person do in-depth research on a specific fight to help share the load. Each person would have to agree on a specific fighter for each card. Sometimes people won't be able to participate, which is expected.

Some people gamble completely for the fun and the thrill of gambling and doesent want to give a detailed report on why they think a ceritan fighter will win. I see nothing wrong with 2$ parlays as long as he is not clogging up the board post after post then keep doing it.
I understand that, but what value does it add to the forum. It's pretty much just bragging about the parlay if it hits, and getting some likes. I am all about encouraging behavior on here but for all we know the parlay could have randomly picked out of a hat.

I assume people lurk on this forum to get an edge on upcoming cards and matchups by reading some solid thoughts from other gamblers. There are still a lot of sharp minds on here that offer good intel on various organizations.

Hey guys,
I was thinking what I see is there is a serious lack of betting content for NON-UFC related events. But I was wondering, for those of you who are into Non-UFC, if you care for breakdowns and bets, what kind of organizations would you prefer there was more content for on this forum?

These days we got so many organizations like KSW, LFA, PFL, Oktagon, ACA, Fury FC, Eagle FC, etc.

Is there any specific promotion you´d wish there was more content/breakdowns for on this forum or just overall more focus on?
I would love to see more fight breakdowns from all these organisations including Ares FC. I always look for good spots on different cards to create promising parlays. For LFA, I usually follow
Aaron The Dog YT channel where he break down their cards alongside Lucky Locks who is another youtuber. They helped me with yesterday's card and I really appreciate them because there isn't many people analyzing those smaller promotion fights.

Link to their channels if anyone is interested:
1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZEgEXaniDCljbmw35xOfvA
2. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH3unVXjBRdjWX3tV9lYXBA

Hey guys,
Personally I´ve enjoyed this betting section for several years since I joined, and I know some people don´t think its as good as it once was, and maybe it isn´t. But that doesn´t mean it can´t improve.

I was thinking if anyone care to answer, what do you feel could improve this betting section?

And any other things you feel could improve this forum? I´d like to try be more active as I really enjoy this forum section, as there are so many great people here so figured I´d ask.

I understand that, but what value does it add to the forum. It's pretty much just bragging about the parlay if it hits, and getting some likes. I am all about encouraging behavior on here but for all we know the parlay could have randomly picked out of a hat.

I assume people lurk on this forum to get an edge on upcoming cards and matchups by reading some solid thoughts from other gamblers. There are still a lot of sharp minds on here that offer good intel on various organizations.

U r right about those parlays being pure luck. And I am by no means trying to brag when I hit one because like u said it's luck it legit takes no skill to do what i do I probably like telling the forum that I hit one so the posters can be like the FING idiot hits 1. But besides my no chance parlays if you actually pay attention to my history of single bets I do fairly well. So just because someone else or myself doesent give a detailed breakdown on every fight they bet on doesent mean they are not just as profitable as someone who does

Last edited:
Any WMMA fight take over 2.5 rounds. Pretty simple
Any Sal Damato reffed fight take the underdog if it goes the distance. He has screwed me numerous times.

That being said I think Casey sub is sharp against Shev's better looking less talented sister.

It's hard to say since we're not the only sherdog section that's had a downturn in terms of activity.

KB section is ghost town, and I remember back in the 2015s days worldwide had such activity that the event threads could reach a hundred pages without having to be moved to the heavies.

I think other resources like Reddit, twitter and even betting sites' own forums chipped at the userbase as well. Without mentioning the combativeness that some members have.

Overall, in terms of additions I think dedicated threads to certain orgs (ACA, LFA, KSW, etc.) would do good, event based threads should only be a thing for the big three orgs imo. Maybe encompass it as a "regional MMA" thread or something.

I'd do it but I've been sticking to Stake for the mean time, and they only have certain MMA lines available, KSW being the least known one.

Aside from that, I think we should just try and keep cooler heads when reading opposite opinions regarding fights. At the end of the day, all of us are literally putting our money where our mouth is so there's no point in getting bent out of shape or insulting someone else.

It used to be great. For whatever reason sharp people left and any new halfway decent poster who shows up leaves hoping to go tout

Not many want to just talk fights anymore, alot of wankers think they should be paid for their tips (delusion). Thats been the biggest killer of gambling forums.

I would love to see more fight breakdowns from all these organisations including Ares FC. I always look for good spots on different cards to create promising parlays. For LFA, I usually follow
Aaron The Dog YT channel where he break down their cards alongside Lucky Locks who is another youtuber. They helped me with yesterday's card and I really appreciate them because there isn't many people analyzing those smaller promotion fights.

Link to their channels if anyone is interested:
1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZEgEXaniDCljbmw35xOfvA
2. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH3unVXjBRdjWX3tV9lYXBA

Thank you for this post. Checked out the channels. Good stuff. Good to see there is a demand for regional MMA

It's hard to say since we're not the only sherdog section that's had a downturn in terms of activity.

KB section is ghost town, and I remember back in the 2015s days worldwide had such activity that the event threads could reach a hundred pages without having to be moved to the heavies.

I think other resources like Reddit, twitter and even betting sites' own forums chipped at the userbase as well. Without mentioning the combativeness that some members have.

Overall, in terms of additions I think dedicated threads to certain orgs (ACA, LFA, KSW, etc.) would do good, event based threads should only be a thing for the big three orgs imo. Maybe encompass it as a "regional MMA" thread or something.

I'd do it but I've been sticking to Stake for the mean time, and they only have certain MMA lines available, KSW being the least known one.

Aside from that, I think we should just try and keep cooler heads when reading opposite opinions regarding fights. At the end of the day, all of us are literally putting our money where our mouth is so there's no point in getting bent out of shape or insulting someone else.

I really do not understand why people get so angry when you got a different opinion. Its as if some people just want to force their opinions down other peoples throats. Betting is brutal and emotions are no good, at least not negative angry emotions. You´d imagine getting different opinions would help, as then you could see if you had missed something, or already had considered whatever the other person would say about a matchup/fighter, but it seems like the good old, if you agree I like you, if you disagree I dislike you style. Its not a big surprise, but its a shame it is like that a lot of the time.

Good polite discussions is what this should be about, negativity belongs nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back