News RIP Aniah Blanchard, Walt Harris' Daughter (2000-2019) | Three Suspects Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second suspect arrested in Aniah Blanchard’s alleged kidnapping

AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) – As the search for 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard enters its second month, a second arrest has been made connection to her disappearance.

Saturday morning, News 3 confirmed with Lee Co. District Attorney Brandon Hughes the arrest of 35-year-old Antwain Fisher who is also known as “Squirmy” with Kidnapping First Degree.

more at link:

https://www.wrbl.com/news/breaking-second-suspect-arrested-in-aniah-blanchards-alleged-kidnapping/
Crazy that IY is trying to have the witness named. Good thing it has not been released because I get the feeling that the witness will not be able to testify if they were to give him the name.

People who like to be heros have short life spans. Intervening with a man who may very well have a knife or gun to save a person you dont know? Ya, no. I will leave that to those who get paid to protect others. The only time where i would stick my neck out there is if instead of a 19 year old, it was a little a child.

The witness didn't even bother to call the cops when it first happened, they only came forward 2 weeks after she went missing.

You don't want to intervene, fine but if you see a woman being forced into a car why not call the cops straight away?

It's been exactly 1 Month. Still holding out hope for a happy ending. FindAniah. FindAniahBlanchard.
At this point I’m just hoping for closure for the family.

To me, this sounds like that hotel might be used as a sex trafficking ring/hub and it's "ran" by the local gangs. This is horrible.
There's a motel in Montgomery that looks more promising to me. starting to think she's alive

Omg I didnt check this thread for a while...... no words for this

As much as its looking grim, as long as they havent found a body there is a chance she's alive

Thoughts and prayers

This is absolutely awful. Losing one of my children is my greatest fear.

In some cultures the standard OP is to never contact law enforcement and tell them anything. This has to stop, especially during cases like this.

I'm not being negative, just being very realistic - the likelihood of that girl being alive is next to zero at this point. She may very well be alive today if that goofball would have stepped up and contacted the police. That guy and his moron wife should be prosecuted for watching a young girl get kidnapped and doing literally nothing about it. What a disgrace and embarrassment

Yeah man fcking cowards. Not being a snitch i think of not ratting on someone who has a couple of blunts in their car. This is refusing to save a life when you possibly had the chance

If id catch my own gd brother doing this id call the cops on his ass

Aniah is still missing a Yazeed's attorney thinks the witness should be identified before she is found or this goes to trial.

“I think it’s important the witness needs to be identified because if Mr. Yazeed knows who they are that could certainly have a major impact on this case,” stated Elijah Beaver, Yazeed’s Defense Attorney.

I think for a fair defense the witness should be identified at some point but the witness will also have to go into witness protection at that point in time because of nature of the crime and indications of multiple perps (perhaps even organized crime to some degree).

I don't think it excuses the witness not coming forward sooner but it is starting to make sense why he was reluctant. But had he not hesitated Aniah could be home safe right now. If you see something suspicious just call the police. I know there are cases of police over reacting to calls that turned out to be nothing criminal but that is the very rare exception (still inexcusable when it happens but that's not the point here). This is what the police are for. Call if you see something. Especially a young girl in distress--there's no excuse for not calling in those circumstances.

the second suspect had a court appearance this morning-

LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WRBL) – The second suspect in the kidnapping of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard is being held without bond after his first court appearance before a Lee County judge Monday morning.

It’s been one month since Blanchard vanished from the Chevron along South College Street in Auburn. Blanchard’s father sat in the courtroom Monday morning as the second suspect in his daughter’s disappearance went before Lee County District Judge Steve Speakman

WRBL News 3 obtained an affidavit on file with the Lee County clerk’s office showing the probable cause for the arrest of 35-year-old Antwon “Squirmy” Fisher that reads “Further investigation revealed that Antwain Shamar Fisher, alias ‘Squirmy,’ provided material assistance to Yazeed by providing transportation to Yazeed, and disposing of evidence.”

more at link-

https://www.wrbl.com/top-stories/ne...st-of-second-suspect-in-aniah-blanchard-case/

Saw this posted on websleuths

Just saw a video from a local reporter Elizabeth White...AF was changed in 2005 with capital murder, pled guilty and only served 3 years!!!! How can this be!!!! It's posted on her facebook page

Looks like it's over...

TRAGIC: Human remains believed to be missing 19-year Aniah Blanchard located

terrible news, even if it was determined early in the investigation that she suffered a "life-threatening injury".

i hope justice prevails and all family members can find closure.

Fuckin' hell that's devastating. Can't even imagine having to go through this. Deepest condolences to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back