[VIDEO] Butterfly and Half Butterfly Guard Sweeps

Second video won't load for me, but first one was interesting, I will give it a go

No idea why that won't work for you dude. Try looking up the account 'forevertapping' on YouTube maybe.

My legs have achieved interwebz fame.

These were some great sweeps - fast and simple.

I think my iPhone doesn't like that second video for some reason

nice videos. It's good to have options from that position, after a while people see the basic butterfly sweep coming.

No problems here. Those are good options for nogi butterfly grips.

Everything works for me.

I like the sweeps. My instructor does the first one a lot. It doesn't look good in drilling because they're just sitting there but when you start threatening the hook sweep and the arm crush, the sweep he shows will happen.

What do you think about the second sweep Aesopian?

I've never seen that variation before, but it looks good. It might be hard to get that deep of an underhook, but I'm definitely going to try it this week.

Good stuff!

Aesopian, what do you mean by "arm crush"? I don't think I've heard of that one (or at least not by that name).

Good stuff!

Aesopian, what do you mean by "arm crush"? I don't think I've heard of that one (or at least not by that name).

arm crush is also known as the telephone armbar or inverted armbar.

The move has like 3 or 4 different commonly known names.

Yeah, arm crush is the inverted armbar, telephone armbar, reverse armbar, etc.

The second sweep looks good too but I still need to try them out. I suspect they work a lot better in motion. Just how some moves don't "look" good in drilling because they work off of momentum, timing, combinations, etc. that you don't see or feel till live sparring.

Glad the videos are of use to you guys. Jason is a Brown Belt under Chris Brennan and has an excellent Butterfly Guard game.

Nice! Cool videos. I'm going to try them out today!

Glad the videos are of use to you guys. Jason is a Brown Belt under Chris Brennan and has an excellent Butterfly Guard game.

Hee-hee, I trained with Chris Brennan when I first got here. Such a small world. Six degrees links me to this dude. :redface:

Back