Valerie Bertinelli: The pale american Yoko Ono

ReAnimator Reagan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am listening to Van Halen's 1984 right now. The last real Van Halen album and perhaps the best outside of their self titled debut.

We all know after this album David Lee Roth left the band and then Sammy Hagar joined and instead of VH being "getting pussy" band it turned into the "total pussy rock" band.

Yoko Ono is generally hated for breaking up the Beatles, but I say Valerie Bertinelli has not gotten enough hate for ruining VH.

David Lee Roth got back together with the band right after Eddie and Valerie Bertinelli got divorced...which should show who was responsible for the split.

So, Valerie Bertinelli, fuck you and rot in hell.

PS The Hogan Family was better after you left.

This is VH...imagine what could have been in 1985-86 if DLR was on their next album...definitely no sitting down to take a piss music fo sho.

PS It is not widely known that DLR voiced the clown in Metalocalypse who was based on the VH frontman.

My first crush!
I was saddened when she married EVH but happy she was going to a favorite guitar hero.

I always thought it was awful that VH ended after that record. They could have done so much more.

So, Valerie Bertinelli, fuck you and rot in hell.

PS The Hogan Family was better after you left.

66981660.jpg

My first crush!
I was saddened when she married EVH but happy she was going to a favorite guitar hero.

I always thought it was awful that VH ended after that record. They could have done so much more.

After what record? 1984? Yeah, it is terrible that all that crap like 5150 slopped up the damn place. The first solo DLR was pretty good.

You don't need pictures of that homewrecking little whoooooooooooooooooooore. I posted Hot for teacher, ffs.

After what record? 1984? Yeah, it is terrible that all that crap like 5150 slopped up the damn place. The first solo DLR was pretty good.
The band broke up after 1984 and that was that for Van Halen.

I liked that first DLR record, was really into Vai's playing for Zappa.
He used to get credit on Zappa's recordings for "impossible guitar parts", and we're talking about the kind of player that's so good, when he starts warming up at a tryout, everyone else in line packs up their gear.

True story from Vai's tryout to play for Zappa:
Frank asks him to play incredibly difficult things in incredibly difficult time signatures, culminating in Frank instructing him to play "things that aren't physically possible to play on a guitar", at which point Steve said so... and Frank sarcastically replied, "I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player..."

David Lee Roth VH is Best VH, but 5150 is awesome.

I remember an ep of One Day at a Time, Valerie's high school student character was being pressured by a teacher to sleep with him to get a good grade.
I was thinking, I'd love to do that!

But little did I know,
"...She was sucking cock
Backstage at the Armory
To get a pass to see some big rock group for freeeeee..."
(Zappa, from the song Crew Slut)

These 2 songs from OU812 are solid, too

And Bertinelli is a poor man's Phoebe Cates.

Begone with this Can Hagar stuff!
(nothing against Sammy)

He lives down the road from Bob Weir and they hang out occasionally

Hagar and Dave are the coolest parts about VH. Eddie is a douche. Don't hear much about Alex (underrated drummer, doe).

Ha! Yeah, anything after 1984 doesn't count. Like anything after And Justice For All by Metallica.

My dad is a huge Zappa nut.
Que? Don't you mean anything after Puppets?

And I think everyone leaving/getting fired is all Eddie. He fired Michael Anthony for Wolfgang. That's cold blooded; Eddie has no loyalty.

And I think everyone leaving/getting fired is all Eddie. He fired Michael Anthony for Wolfgang. That's cold blooded; Eddie has no loyalty.
That was the final straw for me. He even talked shit about Anthony being a shitty back up vocal. untrue and a dick move.

That was the final straw for me. He even talked shit about Anthony being a shitty back up vocal. untrue and a dick move.
tenor.gif

Mike's bg vox made the hooks! And his bass lines aren't complex, but shit, that man can groove. 16th notes non stop ain't no small potatoes.

I mean anything after Justice.....it took me 20 years to accept it as cannon. Now, the 5.98 EP (or whatever it is called) is pretty damn good.

Hagar and Dave are the coolest parts about VH. Eddie is a douche. Don't hear much about Alex (underrated drummer, doe).

Dave for when you want to piss standing up. Sammy for when you want to piss sitting down. Their personalities I don't care about, just the music.

uh, do you have any proof she was instrumental in their break up outside of their marriage and separation dates coinciding? The Van Halen guys have always acted like over dramatic women with each other id say that had alot more to do with anything

Back